Pre-season 18/19 Blades v Maritimo 12th July

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

And so it begins

To be fair Ched May be available for loan but we would be stupid to loan him out before we bring in players to supplement our squad.

We need 4 proper strikers in this division. People may have there opinions on Gallagher etc but we all agree they a better option than Hanson etc.

Can't believe the 'stadium ',was it the hotel's car park ?
:oops:

A lot were built in a similar style, and used by various teams for training when Portugal had the Euros. IIRC, Holland trained at Albufeira (big Dutch community there).

There just isn't the demand for loads of stands like we have. Even in the top league, only really the likes of Benfica, Porto and maybe Sporting get decent crowds.

maratimo's training ground i think
Er. No. Maritimo are a team from Madeira. An island in the Atlantic. To the North of Tenerife. The best part of 1,000 km away from The Algarve where last night's game was. Their training ground is over there - 1,000 km away.

Last night's game was held in an old style Municipal Stadium - owned, maintained & operated by the local council. Paid for by the taxpayers. Like the sort we used to have in England, before everyone decided we need to outsource everything & put a price & a profit in it.

A very clean & well appointed stadium. Running track & athletic facilities, a gym & what looked like a good playing surface. Maritimo are taking on a variety of teams in their pre season up & down The Algarve on these sorts of Council Pitches.

Graves Park, it ain't

Just want to say what a quality day and night it was yesterday. Like quite a few others I can’t remember much about the match, think spending all day supping Superbock does that to you.

Just want to give a big shout to Malc from the Cricks who sorted the coaches out, he put on a bloody good day, and made sure th and Blades were looked after, and a big shout to everyone else who went out to the Algarve. personally I had a pretty fucking awesome time, and this is going to remembered as one of my favourite trips, and there was a brilliant atmosphere on the strip in Albuferia with hundred of drunk and boisterous Blades the life and soul of the party, and not one bit of trouble. I’m proud of us this morning. Best fans in football

Yep, we should play it all on the ground, all the time, just like France. They would never rely on a corner played high into the box for a big bloke to head them into the World Cup Final, would they...?

Only in S2 would people complain the ball isn’t in the air often enough.

Kick it hard.

Only in S2 would people complain the ball isn’t in the air often enough.

Kick it hard.
You confused me. Someone says they are glad that we tried a high ball in to the box and scored, and I assumed that your response was disapproving of the high ball. My point was simply that SOMETIMES a high ball is effective, and if it is good enough for the French team, then I will go along with it. I suspect, but can't prove, that most posters on here have a similar view.
Apologies for the use of capital letters, but I wanted to make sure that you understand that I do not want us to play long or high balls all the time.

Er. No. Maritimo are a team from Madeira. An island in the Atlantic. To the North of Tenerife. The best part of 1,000 km away from The Algarve where last night's game was. Their training ground is over there - 1,000 km away.

Last night's game was held in an old style Municipal Stadium - owned, maintained & operated by the local council. Paid for by the taxpayers. Like the sort we used to have in England, before everyone decided we need to outsource everything & put a price & a profit in it.

A very clean & well appointed stadium. Running track & athletic facilities, a gym & what looked like a good playing surface. Maritimo are taking on a variety of teams in their pre season up & down The Algarve on these sorts of Council Pitches.

Graves Park, it ain't

A community. I grew up in one of those. It was nice.

In Albufeira Old Town and The Blades fans are different gravy. Going down very well with the locals. Supping all day long, interacting with everyone, showing how you can drink loads and still show respect.
The local police are present but low key and are amazed at how things are going. Proud to be a Blade and looking forward to a good night. Shout out for Brinsworth and Swinton Blades for having your flags up outside bars.
UTB!

Just back to digs from an afternoon in old town Albufeira. Great to see so many Blades dotted around the old place. Enjoying the sun, enjoying the banter, and enjoying the Ale. All good humoured stuff as it should be.
Fantastic trip it has been. Big shout out to Malcolm at the Cricks for a brilliant away trip yesterday. Went smooth as silk, and was a joy to be part of it.

900 Blades fans out drinking all day in popular holiday resort for a number of days. Children and families getting on with their holidays. Local police are amazed at how well behaved they are. Lincoln City fan on holiday sends a message to SUFC Tweets praising Blades fans and says they are a credit to the Club. Just the type of good news story you'd expect the local media to get hold of and ask questions of the Chief Constable of SYP why he's obsessed with stopping fans drinking and disrupting their enjoyment at local football matches? Well maybe not.

Respect to all Blades fans who made the trip.

Not got the energy to go downtown tonight, but just wanted to echo all the above. Been an absolute blast and a privilege to have been here. We've represented our club brilliantly with barely a kidney punch in sight.

Lightweight.

Not got the energy to go downtown tonight, but just wanted to echo all the above. Been an absolute blast and a privilege to have been here. We've represented our club brilliantly with barely a kidney punch in sight.
Until... :eek:

Up and ready for flight back.

Garage bar on Wed night superb with all Blades.
Day/night of game again the business.Shout out to Creswell Reece for our coaches to/from game.

Happy days and great memories of a top “away” trip.

The Blades fans are truely different class.

Back
Top Bottom