CONFIRMED Ben Davies signs on loan

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Torrix1889

A reight Bobby Dazzler
Reaction score
Presumably Robinson will take JOC's place? Therefore with Enda also capable of playing LCB and Osborn and Lowe as further back up i don't know why we need anyone else.....?

CaptainMorgans

Reaction score
Terence Kongolo would have been quality had he been fit.

I can't say I know a great deal about Ben Davies. Is he any better than Jack Robinson?

Macfarlane21

Reaction score
Surely on par with Robinson? Maybe Wilder just isn't happy with Bryan as back up

Gin&Juice

Reaction score
Davies is better than Robinson. PNE want 10 million for him, Bournemouth had a bid of 5 rejected earlier on.

sheffieldwhite

Reaction score
Centre back/left back - fits the bill

He’s not a left back these days and hasn’t been for years.

Ben is a really good lad and came through our academy. After many loan spells at various levels, his last one being a really good spell on the left of a back 3 under Rosler at Fleetwood, he went straight into our first team when Alex Neil came in and has never looked back.

He’s got very good pace for a CB, offers the balance of being left footed and his distribution is excellent.

He could still do with improving a bit in the air, and the attacking side of his game would need work to fit your system in terms of overlapping, but he’d be a really good signing for you.

Wouldn’t mind Bryan as part of any potential deal.

Booker4

Reaction score

Ben is a really good lad and came through our academy. After many loan spells at various levels, his last one being a really good good spell on the left of a back 3 under Rosler at Fleetwood, he went straight into our first team when Alex Neil came in and has never looked back.

He’s got very good pace for a CB, offers the balance of being left footed and his distribution is excellent.

He could still do with improving a bit in the air, and the attacking side of his game would need work to fit your system in terms of overlapping, but he’s be a really good signing for you.

Cheers for info. I would imagine Bryan will go out in the next few weeks if not before also. We can still trade with Championship clubs after 5th of October I recall. Hope Byran goes somewhere, he's just not going to get the pitch time here but seems to impress in the friendlies he's played this pre-season.

From the pig end

Reaction score

Ben is a really good lad and came through our academy. After many loan spells at various levels, his last one being a really good spell on the left of a back 3 under Rosler at Fleetwood, he went straight into our first team when Alex Neil came in and has never looked back.

He could still do with improving a bit in the air, and the attacking side of his game would need work to fit your system in terms of overlapping, but he’d be a really good signing for you.

You came across very knowledgeable, I really bought into your review on Davies..
Then you asked to get Bryan. 😆

CaptainMorgans

Reaction score

The bit about him not being great in the air is a worry. We're getting undone by crosses a lot at the moment.

Flatulent_Bob

PC RoboFag...........and proud!
Reaction score
Presumably Robinson will take JOC's place? Therefore with Enda also capable of playing LCB and Osborn and Lowe as further back up i don't know why we need anyone else.....?
Robinson seemingly has been deemed not good enough for the season. I suggested Enda yesterday but there was a valid point raised that maybe he's not considered good enough either at Left Centre Half.
If we are going to bring someone in, the Davies would seem to meet a lot of the criteria needed, especially if his contract is expiring.

diplomat

Reaction score
Is he the one who can penetrate from the back?
Yeah, might need his technique adjusting for our system though. He’s all about lobbing it in to the box at the earliest opportunity, no messing about.

Luke1993

Reaction score
Ben Davies at Preston. Might be expensive, loan to buy?
I suggested him on the left sided centre half thread, he would be my first choice over kongolo. I've had mixed results from my suggestions though, Ravel Morrison 🙃 and Scott Hogan 🤔 so I don't know.

Carlton Blade

Reaction score

You can have Bryan. I'll drive him to Preston

Rocetmark66

Reaction score
Same agent as Baldock & Rodwell according to Transfermarkt
Who is this footballer named Rodwell 🤔 where can we see or find him.
I've heard lots of people talk about him and hold him in high regard.
But of yet he seems a bit of a scarlet pimpernel character.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Top Bottom