Roy's View From... Villarreal and Blackburn Fans Views On Ben Brerton-Diaz

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Well he has always looked decent when I have seen him play, so fuck what this bunch of silly twats think.

Cheers Roy.
I agree. The Blackburn comments are the usual bitterness from a jilted lover. Villareal are a different beast and may be used to better.

Nobody in Spain seems to be able to spell his name right or just refer to him as "Ben".
A few people in this country can't either. I'm thinking the OP in the thread title😉

Just kidding, cheers Roy. Sounds like he's proper wank.😂

Sounds a bit like he’s Blackburn’s version of McBurnie. Looks class when on form, offers little threat when not.

McB does also have some defensive qualities however but his main purpose is to score goals.

Excellent point.....made me laugh because it's probably true.
Do think there are similarities but BBD is slightly better than Ollie Mc in every way on the pitch.
If we use him the right way....he'll be an asset for us.
However Olllie Mc is an asset off the pitch, very driven, desperate to win and helps create a good vibe around the training pitch.

From the sounds of it BBD has been a total failure at Villareal
Looks like they've decided to put him in the shop window hoping for some offers......as long as he's not too good with us
...if we offer a low price (something like 3 million) in the Summer of BBD.....then Villareal might realise they've done a Beni Traore and sell.

For those worried about not having an option to buy it sounds like they’d pay us to take him off their hands at Villarreal!

I like this:

“Ben is/was a one trick pony, look for the ball over the top, cut in and get a shot off”

We don’t even have that trick. Makes him sound like Danny Webber and he was alright.

With the greatest of respect to Benie Traore, from what we saw of him he looked miles out of his depth. Sort of like he'd won a competition to play in the Premier League.

Is Chilean Ben going to be great for us? Probably not. But by swapping our Ben's about, we're slightly stronger than we were. In our position it's probably the best we can hope for.
The longer we get into the PL season, all of Hecky's signing this past Summer look like they'd won some reality TV show to have a crack at the PL and/or Hecky's attempt at shit-housing the club....

For those worried about not having an option to buy it sounds like they’d pay us to take him off their hands at Villarreal!

I like this:

“Ben is/was a one trick pony, look for the ball over the top, cut in and get a shot off”

We don’t even have that trick. Makes him sound like Danny Webber and he was alright.

Even as a big Danny Webber fan, I admit he was very predictable.

I'm just consoling myself with the fact we haven't signed this Bereton fella the Spanish are going on about. He sounds shit.

Wilders track record in the transfer market is extremely poor. Bringing in players with premier league quality is not something he does. This signing suggests he’s learnt nothing.
I doubt he has a lot of choice ! Finding PL standard strikers who are available, affordable and want to come here is nigh on impossible in January. Give this guy a chance before criticising him and the club

Wilders track record in the transfer market is extremely poor. Bringing in players with premier league quality is not something he does. This signing suggests he’s learnt nothing.
Having a budget of about a fifth of what is required for premier league standard is the issue there.

I don’t think he’s made a good fist of what he’s had whilst trying, but let’s not ignore the elephant in the room.

Hope I’m wrong but really can’t see him doing much at all. Feels like a Baxter sort of signing. Pops up with a decent goal every now and again but that’s about it

Another player signed that their current & past fans don't rate 🤣. I can only think of Hamer who had a decent write-up.

He looked like he could be the next Harry Kane when he was with Forest. When we beat arsenal in the cup he basically retired per mertesacker at the age of about 17. Was gutted we sold him as he had the raw attributes but not really kicked on.

mind you, I thought burke was the next gareth bale when with us.

I do think both have the raw attributes to be elite players but for whatever reason it hasn't happened. Maybe a mentality thing.

Good luck to him. Hopefully for him and you he gets a few important goals early on

I was hoping in the last three years he might have changed. Seemingly not.

I am weirdly more encouraged by the bad views, than if they'd been good. Saw this a few times before with Wilder signings and it turned out to be the opposite of what we were told.

Sorloth sounds like a mate of H.P. Lovecraft’s Cthulhu, some sort of hideous elder God.
That's pretty much what Sheff United have become this season; a monster that drives those who see it insane.

I doubt he has a lot of choice ! Finding PL standard strikers who are available, affordable and want to come here is nigh on impossible in January. Give this guy a chance before criticising him and the club
spot on mate poor guy has not had time to take his coat off and he's been slagged off already . Give the guy a chance for Gods sake .

One thing I do know, is that referring to him as BBD makes me think of this this man referring to Birgil Ban Dijk...

Back
Top Bottom