Roy's View From... Villarreal and Blackburn Fans Views On Ben Brerton-Diaz

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Cheers Roy .. my worry is he was just a player that hit a purple patch at a lower level .. but we’re shopping at Lidl not Waitrose and I expect him to offer us something else

It's a loan so there isn't much of a risk. He may or may not work out. He definitely is a better option than Osula Jebbison McBurnie and Brewster. If he can work hard up front he may get and take chances plus he may provide opportunities for Archer.

Sometimes players don't settle at clubs so it's hard to know what was going on at Villareal. Milosevic at Villa and Forlan at Man Utd for example. Let's get behind the bloke and see if we can get a tune out of him.

Are you saying our recruitment division is at the level where it should be .. ?
A bit late but still...

No, I am saying that we go after players we can afford, we cannot afford premium players, either fee or loan, so trying to get them is a monumental waste of everyone's time. I don't like it, & I am sure the club don't either, but it is hardly surprising that we sign players with fingers crossed behind out backs in the hope they will step up.

What? You DIDN'T want a player cam of BBD's touches as a substitute against Gillingham? Well tough

That’s pretty much what I remembered - mainly just kept things neat and tidy, helped see out the game.
Not on this reel, but there was a great shot of him warming up earlier in the game, and directly behind him in the crowd was his absolute doppelgänger, except he was wearing a woolly hat. I didn’t get my camera out in time to get a shot, but me and my son were in bits laughing.

A bit late but still...

No, I am saying that we go after players we can afford, we cannot afford premium players, either fee or loan, so trying to get them is a monumental waste of everyone's time. I don't like it, & I am sure the club don't either, but it is hardly surprising that we sign players with fingers crossed behind out backs in the hope they will step up.
Have we ever , in a whole long history, ever bought a premium player ?

Apropos of nothing he seems like a nice lad from the signing video. Happy and polite. Mrs SJ likes the look of him too 🙄

Back
Top Bottom