CONFIRMED Ben Davies signs on loan

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

We need someone in who is dominant in the air as JOC was. Three of the four goals conceded so far have come from headers in that area. Davies has got good write ups but the comments about lack of aerial ability are concerning. A Jake Cooper type player might be a better option. PNE are also looking for silly money despite him having only 8 months left on his contract. As Blade 58 says we do have another two weeks to get a Championship player. Our next two results may determine how quickly this progresses and whether more funds are freed up to buy a permanent rather than a loan.

How are we doing in getting this thread to 7K?

He’s not a left back these days and hasn’t been for years.

Ben is a really good lad and came through our academy. After many loan spells at various levels, his last one being a really good spell on the left of a back 3 under Rosler at Fleetwood, he went straight into our first team when Alex Neil came in and has never looked back.

He’s got very good pace for a CB, offers the balance of being left footed and his distribution is excellent.

He could still do with improving a bit in the air, and the attacking side of his game would need work to fit your system in terms of overlapping, but he’d be a really good signing for you.

Wouldn’t mind Bryan as part of any potential deal.

It's a deal. Where do we sign? 😃

Robinson seemingly has been deemed not good enough for the season. I suggested Enda yesterday but there was a valid point raised that maybe he's not considered good enough either at Left Centre Half.
If we are going to bring someone in, the Davies would seem to meet a lot of the criteria needed, especially if his contract is expiring.

And then there's Kean Bryan as well......🙄

(19/20) Aerial duel success rate:

Jack O’Connell 67%
Chris Basham 64%
John Egan 63%

Terence Kongolo 70% *
Ben Davies 58%
Diego Rico 54%

*Terence Kongolo only played 11 times last season so I looked at him in 18/19 where he played 32 times in the premier league and it was 60%.

Nixon saying we have been in for Davies but have been frightened off basically because Preston are sticking to their £10m valuation

Nixon saying we have been in for Davies but have been frightened off basically because Preston are sticking to their £10m valuation
Which he could have read on this forum tbh

My mate knows him from Barrow and I have met him a few times. Smashing lad. He is prone to a red card though:(

We could probably pick him up for nothing in 8 months (I think he is then out of contract). Let PNE play silly buggers and keep him then. I would have thought if it is the case that he is soon OOC, then they would have been looking to get in a much smaller free of some kind now.

If he is OOC soon, then I can't imagine that the lad is too impressed with his parent club either for not looking to move him on now for the sake of a few months for a realistic fee, when it would have given him a chance now of PL football.

On to another target then.

Is he any better than Jack Robinson?

Who is this footballer named Rodwell 🤔 where can we see or find him.
I've heard lots of people talk about him and hold him in high regard.
But of yet he seems a bit of a scarlet pimpernel character.
I think you might find him down New Mexico way.
Apparently, he is a bit of a magnet for UFOs and aliens.

The previous Ben Davies we had was probably one of the best set-piece takers i've seen at the lane wearing Red and White.

Some fantastic camera work too - no idea who by.

What the hell is Matt Hill doing to the right? Looks like he's Roberto Carlos about to smash the free kick 😂

I reckon there’s a chance this could happen. £10M for someone out of contract is way too steep, £3M or £4M tops for someone who can go for nothing in 2 months time with a player of his quality, wages wouldn’t be a stumbling block too you’d imagine, this one will surely have legs? I do think West Ham could come in for him though, they like a championship buy nowadays and the bad thing about that is they would drive the fee up slightly.

I reckon there’s a chance this could happen. £10M for someone out of contract is way too steep, £3M or £4M tops for someone who can go for nothing in 2 months time with a player of his quality, wages wouldn’t be a stumbling block too you’d imagine, this one will surely have legs? I do think West Ham could come in for him though, they like a championship buy nowadays and the bad thing about that is they would drive the fee up slightly.

It was £5m upfront and £5m in clauses. the clubs in for him are us, Bournemouth and Celtic

It's all gone quiet on the transfer front.

Ben Davies would probably be my choice now of what's left - T Kongolo, J Cooper, D Rico the other options.

We need to replace Robinson asap. Listened to the blades podcast over the weekend and they hit the nail on the head, our overlapping strategy just doesnt happen on that side anymore. This could be a reason for Stevens poor form too.

Back
Top Bottom