2 games to save his job

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Do we think board have decided to give hecky bit longer?

Or is it that they want to line up someone first before doing the business?
In my opinion, don't think they give a fuck mate, money's at the top of there list!! That's all there bothered about.

Do we think board have decided to give hecky bit longer?

Or is it that they want to line up someone first before doing the business?

Many of our problems at the moment stem from our woeful lack of preparation ahead of the new season. If Hecky is to be axed during this two week break the sensible thing to do would be to do it sooner rather than later so the new man and the players have some time to prepare ahead of the Man Utd game.

But as we've seen, good preperation is not the forte of the current leadership of the club. Therefore I'd not be surprised for a change in management to take place on the eve of the Man U game (or very close to it). Yet another shitshow at the fuck factory.

Many of our problems at the moment stem from our woeful lack of preparation ahead of the new season. If Hecky is to be axed during this two week break the sensible thing to do would be to do it sooner rather than later so the new man and the players have some time to prepare ahead of the Man Utd game.

But as we've seen, good preperation is not the forte of the current leadership of the club. Therefore I'd not be surprised for a change in management to take place on the eve of the Man U game (or very close to it). Yet another shitshow at the fuck factory.
I get what you're saying, but equally if you said the sky was blue I'd be fucking amazed to look outside and see that it was the case.

IMO let's stick with Hecky until we're relegated, and have his successor lined up to immediately come in, draw a line under this season and purely focus on planning for 24/25.

My heart and head says Montgomery with Jack Lester and McCall for long-term planning, i'd love for Hecky to stay in a capacity but i wouldn't at all be surprised to see him go to another Championship team, maybe the pigs one day

although it looks like an impossible task for us to stay in the premier league it might just not be too late if we change direction manager and tactic wise i just cant see hecky changing anything and in that case we are nailed on to get relegated although think its gone from a 6 team battle to 4 now everton and wolves will be safe do think however brentford might just get dragged in to it

although it looks like an impossible task for us to stay in the premier league it might just not be too late if we change direction manager and tactic wise i just cant see hecky changing anything and in that case we are nailed on to get relegated although think its gone from a 6 team battle to 4 now everton and wolves will be safe do think however brentford might just get dragged in to it
An impossible task. 3 points from 17th place after 8 games.

😂😂😂😂

I don’t think we will be making a change. Man Utd and Arsenal up next. Man Utd I home I keep thinking back to the Wilder days where we could get a point etc. But it’ll be comfortable for them.

Joking apart, (I assume you are joking...) it worked for Forest and Steve Cooper. Difference was they had a gazillion pounds to spend...
Was thinking the same...

I'm totally not opposed to keeping hecky. Going down is the most likely outcome but we want to see some improvements some wins and performances that we can be pleased about.
🤞That can come.

Man Utd at home could be just the tonic but we all know that if they play even half decent for that squad it will comfortably beat us.

I think everyone is suprised we haven’t made a change.

Hecky must be thinking the same.

The only thing I can think is do they let him be the fall guy now. If we got Wilder in and first 2 games where Arsenal & Man Utd it’s most likely 2 losses. Then everyone can turn around and say the relegation is Wilder fault.

If we got Wilder in and first 2 games where Arsenal & Man Utd it’s most likely 2 losses. Then everyone can turn around and say the relegation is Wilder fault.
The last one was but he jumped ship. If the owner thinks Wilder is the right man for the job he should appoint him, I most certainly do not think Wilder is good enough or strong enough to turn things around.

The last one was but he jumped ship. If the owner thinks Wilder is the right man for the job he should appoint him, I most certainly do not think Wilder is good enough or strong enough to turn things around.
Do you think Hecky has really messed us up that bad?

The only thing I can think is do they let him be the fall guy now. If we got Wilder in and first 2 games where Arsenal & Man Utd it’s most likely 2 losses. Then everyone can turn around and say the relegation is Wilder fault.
🤭

Not everyone. There are quite a few posters who:
  • remember that the board said that Hecky wouldn't be judged on results
  • realise that much (I'm not saying all) of it is due to factors outside of Hecky's control
  • recognise that bringing another manager in would be no guarantee of improved results
  • aren't prone to knee-jerk reactions

If he’s not going something needs to change within the coaching team, bring in a psychologist, sack the defensive coach and go back to training as a team as per last year, bring in a new conditioning team, add in a new technical coach with shit loads of prem coaching experience.

Not everyone. There are quite a few posters who:
  • remember that the board said that Hecky wouldn't be judged on results
  • realise that much (I'm not saying all) of it is due to factors outside of Hecky's control
  • recognise that bringing another manager in would be no guarantee of improved results
  • aren't prone to knee-jerk reactions
Those “quite a few posters” I believe every club has a selection of these.

If he’s not judged on results that’s okay, but surely he’s judged on performances and effort? Or at least some sort of accountability?

Do you think Hecky has really messed us up that bad?
Ok I'm a little autistic so you just need to clarify that I understand correctly what you are saying:

I think you are saying, 'Heckingbottom is so bad that Wilder coming in would not be able to improve the situation'.
If this is the case I'll correct that here; Heckingbottom has done a reasonable job given the constraints on him and the team, these have been identified by a number of people on here already so I won't go over them again.
What I am saying is that 'Wilder is not fit for an EPL rescue job with somebody else's players'.
There is no doubt that Wilder is a good manager with some serious limitations, he's not a 'rescue you with the players you have manager' that would be somebody like Warnock or as we've seen at EPL level Roy Hodgson.

Those “quite a few posters” I believe every club has a selection of these.

If he’s not judged on results that’s okay, but surely he’s judged on performances and effort? Or at least some sort of accountability?
Yep he’s judged on:

Not rocking the boat despite all the shit that is going on.

I'm not. There isn't really a viable alternative that we could afford and would likely come given the funding they'd get.
If we go down then Hecky would be a natural choice to bring us back anyway, so similar to the Wilder situation before he exited via the rear window, we can hold on and rebuild next season with a stronger squad than the last time we were in the Championship.

If there was an incredibly strong and obvious alternate then maybe but there isn't, and until the ownership changes, no one is getting any backing so why would they come?

weve a set of good players but championship players and a good manager who is a championship manager and an owner who hasnt enough cash to hope to keep us in the premier league those 3 facts make it almost inevitable that we will be relegated

Ok I'm a little autistic so you just need to clarify that I understand correctly what you are saying:

I think you are saying, 'Heckingbottom is so bad that Wilder coming in would not be able to improve the situation'.
If this is the case I'll correct that here; Heckingbottom has done a reasonable job given the constraints on him and the team, these have been identified by a number of people on here already so I won't go over them again.
What I am saying is that 'Wilder is not fit for an EPL rescue job with somebody else's players'.
There is no doubt that Wilder is a good manager with some serious limitations, he's not a 'rescue you with the players you have manager' that would be somebody like Warnock or as we've seen at EPL level Roy Hodgson.

Bar the
I'm not. There isn't really a viable alternative that we could afford and would likely come given the funding they'd get.
If we go down then Hecky would be a natural choice to bring us back anyway, so similar to the Wilder situation before he exited via the rear window, we can hold on and rebuild next season with a stronger squad than the last time we were in the Championship.

If there was an incredibly strong and obvious alternate then maybe but there isn't, and until the ownership changes, no one is getting any backing so why would they come?
The players look like they’ve downed tools this season. None of them are seemingly signing new deals to stay? We need to be getting players to stay and none of them want too.

But somehow he’s the man? It’s incredible.

Bar the

The players look like they’ve downed tools this season. None of them are seemingly signing new deals to stay? We need to be getting players to stay and none of them want too.

But somehow he’s the man? It’s incredible.
You’ve no evidence that none of them want to sign, one already has and several have had injuries to further delay any completion. The club has said they’re in talks though.

What’s incredible is if your argument is so compelling then why would you need to lie in order to make it?

Last edited:

You’ve no evidence that none of them want to sign, one already has and several have had injuries to further delay any completion. The club has said they’re in talks though.

What’s incredible is if your argument is so compelling then why would you need to lie in order to make it?
I have seen delusion before and people be wrong but wow. Ndiaye and Berge we can start with.

Currently we have most of our starting line up out of contract in the summer.

But don’t worry you’re somehow right! Incredible.

Back
Top Bottom