2 games to save his job

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Replacements being lined up.
If we lose vs West Ham does he still get a chance vs Fulham? Assuming it's not a heavy defeat.

Interesting you saying replacements being lined up. Suggests it's not just bring back in Wilder, others are in the frame too if he goes.
Would you say Wilder is the boards favorite though?

I'm hoping though that Hecky can turn it around though...

What a complete pile of shit. Hecky promoted to 1st team manager after expensive first choice fails.

Unbelievably get us up.

2 best players sold 1 week before start of season.

People actually thinking a change is sensible 6 games in.

Sorry but it’s brain dead.
He's had his hands tied, it's not been a fair crack of the whip for him and I feel he hasn't been backed well enough transfer wise either,.

However we have not as yet put in any fully convincing performances where you'd say we controlled that game.
But we have looked threatening when we have attacked at times. Even yesterday first 20 I thought we looked decent.

I think had we lost to Newcastle even 3-0 the mindset would be different at a fan level and boardroom, but 8-0 changes the picture.
It accelerates the pressure to change it.

I'm not one for wanting to change at least not yet but you could argue that from the boardroom they may be looking at that the way we dropped points vs. Forest and Spurs could have been avoided with some different subs/or gameplan when at either 1-1 or 0-1.
And yesterday at 3-0 down at halftime, was that the wise sub and change in formation? It appeared to leave us more suspect and the players heads dropped.

Maybe Warnock as director of football? Let Hecky get on with it, unless it becomes an absolute shit show, then I'd consider Robins or Hessenhuttl

FFS, let's follow up one major embarrassment by delivering another one and sacking a manager with a 50% win rate.

Paul got us here against the odds and deserves time to put it right.

If they do pull the trigger though, I will quickly lose interest if CW is the answer to the current problem.

FFS, let's follow up one major embarrassment by delivering another one and sacking a manager with a 50% win rate.

Paul got us here against the odds and deserves time to put it right.

If they do pull the trigger though, I will quickly lose interest if CW is the answer to the current problem.
50% record overall but that percentage is reducing every game.

In the Premier League his record overall is P17 W3 D1 L13.

Like most of his squad, Hecky is Championship at best and not good enough for the Premier League. There's no clear plan A, no plan B period, his subs are too late and usually baffling. He always picks his favourites and won't drop players out of form. If Warnock or Wilder were in charge the players would have gotten a hiding in the dressing room after that shit show yesterday, and some players wouldn't even make the bench next game as a warning to others. Can you honestly see Hecky yelling at the players yesterday? I can’t. He comes across as too nice. I'm sure he's a great coach and one on one man manager, but he's not tactically astute and wasn't last season despite the promotion. Too many times we hung onto games and we rarely put in a complete 90 minute performance. We had no real recognisable style last season other than give it to Iliman, and it's gotten worse this season.

I do feel for him for all the boardroom shenanigans that have gone on which effected last January and this summer, but he knew what was potentially coming the day he took the job and was given a 5 year contract to be the club's yes man whipping boy.

In some respects I wonder if the safety net of the contract and being assured that he won't be sacked if we go down has resulted in some of his poor tactical choices, as he reacts after the obvious has happened and not before to stop it. "Hey, we're losing and will probably get relegated. No need to try to change it because my jobs safe regardless." His comments yesterday about expecting results like this were not great to hear. I'm hoping he phrased it wrong and by results like this he meant losses in general to the bigger clubs, and not 8-0 hammerings. If he does mean expecting more 5 goal hammerings then he can fuck off now for me

One question to consider is that if Hecky is not good enough to manage in the Premier League, then is there any point keeping him for a promotion push back to the Premier League? If we go down and back up he'll still be too crap to manage us in the top flight.

50% record overall but that percentage is reducing every game.

In the Premier League his record overall is P17 W3 D1 L13.

Like most of his squad, Hecky is Championship at best and not good enough for the Premier League. There's no clear plan A, no plan B period, his subs are too late and usually baffling. He always picks his favourites and won't drop players out of form. If Warnock or Wilder were in charge the players would have gotten a hiding in the dressing room after that shit show yesterday, and some players wouldn't even make the bench next game as a warning to others. Can you honestly see Hecky yelling at the players yesterday? I can’t. He comes across as too nice. I'm sure he's a great coach and one on one man manager, but he's not tactically astute and wasn't last season despite the promotion. Too many times we hung onto games and we rarely put in a complete 90 minute performance. We had no real recognisable style last season other than give it to Iliman, and it's gotten worse this season.

I do feel for him for all the boardroom shenanigans that have gone on which effected last January and this summer, but he knew what was potentially coming the day he took the job and was given a 5 year contract to be the club's yes man whipping boy.

In some respects I wonder if the safety net of the contract and being assured that he won't be sacked if we go down has resulted in some of his poor tactical choices, as he reacts after the obvious has happened and not before to stop it. "Hey, we're losing and will probably get relegated. No need to try to change it because my jobs safe regardless." His comments yesterday about expecting results like this were not great to hear. I'm hoping he phrased it wrong and by results like this he meant losses in general to the bigger clubs, and not 8-0 hammerings. If he does mean expecting more 5 goal hammerings then he can fuck off now for me

One question to consider is that if Hecky is not good enough to manage in the Premier League, then is there any point keeping him for a promotion push back to the Premier League? If we go down and back up he'll still be too crap to manage us in the top flight.

Some fair criticisms of PH, but I would say others are quite harsh. It's all about opinions but I thought we played some tremendous staff last season, and I don't blame any manager for maximising the role of a generational player like Ndiaye. I am fairly sure every manager in the Champ last season would have built their team around him and the magic that he could produce. As for his style of management, well it's not all about screaming and shouting, but I seriously doubt that he is a soft touch. Several players have gone on record and said that he is a very tough manager when they aren't performing to their best, and won't settle for poor standards or lack of effort. I accept he has got things wrong though.

As for CW, I do worry that some folk have forgotten just how bad things were under him towards the end. It didn't diminish what he did for us before, but nor should it be erased from his time here either. He has also done nothing, not a thing since he left to suggest that he is anything more than a busted flush. Maybe it would take him coming back here to find his mojo again, but I don't think it is worth the risk and nor do I see him motivating this group in the same way he did with his old squad, even if a handful of them are still here.

In some ways though, it would actually be ironic if it did happen. CW left us in a right plie of crap when he walked out, which PW then had to try and clean up. Maybe it would be poetic if the roles were now reversed.

I remember Wilders Premier League collapse, where he jumped ship leaving us in the shit, whilst trying to salvage his reputation.

Hecky came in and steadied the ship and over saw the most successful period of the whole season.

People seem to ignore the fact that, we lost Ndiaye and Berge at the 11th hour and Hecky was left looking down the back of the settee for a transfer budget. We’ve spent next to nothing, in Premier League terms, if we stay up it’d be a miracle.

Basically what were saying is the bloke who guided us to the best League in the world, should now lose his job, purely because he hasn’t been provided with sufficient funds to build a team anywhere near capable of competing with our billionaire rivals?

Yeah, that seems a reasonable course of action 🙄

This is giving me a headache. Just how many alts can Fallowfield have on this forum ffs

Seriously though heckys stock is still high with the majority of fans as he's had no backing financially, he's having to put a team together of young inexperienced lads to play in the hardest league in the world, its brilliant we've managed to sign hamer and archer but this squad needed a good championship season to jell
We needed close to 150m spending to even think about survival and I suspect we've lost out on players due to the wage structure as well
We all knew it was going to be a struggle but reading some of the comments on all this forum threads when the fuck did we start lacing the drinks and pie's at BDTBL with deludemol ???

What a complete pile of shit. Hecky promoted to 1st team manager after expensive first choice fails.

Unbelievably get us up.

2 best players sold 1 week before start of season.

People actually thinking a change is sensible 6 games in.

Sorry but it’s brain dead.
Just missed that until Newcastle we were making a fist of things; Hecky said we shouldn't have seen the line up v Palace and it should never happen again and since then we've run everybody close a couple of them giants of the Prem.

Back
Top Bottom