Warnock having some luck

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Bruce Wayne

Reaction score
Every time I see Cardiff on the highlights they are riding their luck big time and again tonight, surely ours and their's will reflect reality soon.

I think 2nd place is wide open. Nobody currently looks great up there and it will come down to the most consistent which in fairness Cardiff have been. They are great at grinding out results.

On the match stats it looked like they deserved something, eight shots on target away from home to reading’s two. Not sure of the quality of the shots like as I’ve not seen the highlights.

Derby seem to be creeping up.

Every time I see Cardiff on the highlights they are riding their luck big time and again tonight, surely ours and their's will reflect reality soon.

Colin was never afraid to shove strikers on when chasing goals, he did it many times with great success before promotion. Is that what he did tonight?

I think 2nd place is wide open. Nobody currently looks great up there and it will come down to the most consistent which in fairness Cardiff have been. They are great at grinding out results.

And that is exactly what Wilder will be thinking. He's not given up on automatic.

We've the best manager in this division by a country mile and we should have the same belief as he has.

Remember when everyone said we were 2nd on luck/momentum? It used to annoy me, as I’m sure it did you. It’s just an excuse other teams use to justify their teams not doing as well.

Cardiff are 2nd on merit and, to be be honest, of the teams looking like competing for that spot, they’d be my preferred choice to get it.

There’s probably more than a bit of credit that needs to go to Blackwell too.

Sits back and harvests abuse.

I think there's probably a little something in that. As with most managerial teams, one can sometimes complement the other. For example, Wilder / Knill work well, but Knill never enjoyed much success when he had managerial jobs. Whatever anyone thinks of Warnock / Blackwell, they seem to work well together.

Nothing lucky about it. From the bits I saw (I was watching on and off whilst doing other things) Reading tried to see the game out by sitting deep and not getting men forward when they had possession. Cardiff attacked them, penned them back into their own half and put loads of pressure on them. Reading got what they deserved.

From the bits I saw (I was watching on and off whilst doing other things)

Tell us more?
Picking your nose / playing with yourself / reading the Jakarta Times / sending emails to you boss to pretend you are working...

In the spirit of this board's 'full and frank' disclosure*, it is important you let the lads know what you get up to and don't hind behind the 'other things' phrase.

* Should you wish to give a more aggressive disclousre of the 'full and frank' type, that would probably be acceptable too.

Tell us more?
Picking your nose / playing with yourself / reading the Jakarta Times / sending emails to you boss to pretend you are working...

In the spirit of this board's 'full and frank' disclosure*, it is important you let the lads know what you get up to and don't hind behind the 'other things' phrase.

* Should you wish to give a more aggressive disclousre of the 'full and frank' type, that would probably be acceptable too.
I was on the phone to my mate discussing the recent death of his mum and the more recent death of a mutual friend's mum.

In my opinion they are the best team we have played so far and the only time we genuinely looked out of our depth. That being said we will give them one hell of a game on the return fixture.

Said at the time I fancied them for autos and got pelters from a couple on here. Up there on merit and fully deserved.

.....and how funny do I feel now?

Off to find a stone to crawl under.
That was the abbreviated version but this is what happens when you get to middle age, it happens to all of us and tends to put things like losing a couple of games into perspective. It's not been a great year for me and quite a few of my friends and family and our 100 points was a welcome distraction. It's probably why I've been quite defensive over recent criticism of the team. Anyway, keep moving forwards.

That was the abbreviated version but this is what happens when you get to middle age, it happens to all of us and tends to put things like losing a couple of games into perspective. It's not been a great year for me and quite a few of my friends and family and our 100 points was a welcome distraction.

Genuinely sorry to hear that and I know exactly what you mean.

It's probably why I've been quite defensive over recent criticism of the team

Nope, don't blame yourself. That would be some of the recent knobhead posts about Stearman, Blackman and to top it all, Fleck as 'wanker of the week'. Sometimes I think Pinchy really isn't hard enough on the wanker section of our fanbase.

Anyway, keep moving forwards.

Well said and it's what we do.

I will even reach out an olive branch to our fans who have been giving the stick to RS/JB,JF and offer warmest glad tidings of the season. Best not do it again though, the twats!

Last edited:
Cardiff are 2nd on merit and, to be be honest, of the teams looking like competing for that spot, they’d be my preferred choice to get it.

Cardiff are there on merit, they've only lost 3 games and conceded 16 goals. People can say what they like about Warnock, but he's having a great season and they deserve to be 2nd right now.

I fancy Cardiff to win the bloody thing. Their team are scrappers in the Warnock mould, a big lump at the back and strikers to match, and will grind out results when they've no right to. If anything we should be targetting Wolves, they've yet to hit a real sticky patch and it will be interesting when they do.

I’m one of those who usually bangs on about making your own luck, but I have to say with the half-way mark fast approaching there seems to have been far more games this season where we definitely didn’t get what we deserved out of a game compared with the games that we got more than we deserved.

I can only really recall Brentford in the first game where we were noticeably lucky to get all 3 points, I don’t think we’ve mugged anybody off like Norwich, Forest, Birmingham, Bristol (and the Lino at Boro) did to us, we’ve had to work for every point we’ve got. I’m hoping we’ll see a few more more underserved wins come our way in the second half of the season, maybe a last minute scrambled winner or two in our favour after a backs to the wall display and fewer players who haven’t been able to hit a barn door with a banjo all season scoring worldies against us...starting at Preston.

That was the abbreviated version but this is what happens when you get to middle age, it happens to all of us and tends to put things like losing a couple of games into perspective. It's not been a great year for me and quite a few of my friends and family and our 100 points was a welcome distraction. It's probably why I've been quite defensive over recent criticism of the team. Anyway, keep moving forwards.

For what it's worth BushBlade sorry you've not had a great year. As you say, the Blades have been a welcome distraction.

Genuinely sorry to hear that and I know exactly what you mean.

Nope, don't blame yourself. That would be some of the recent knobhead posts about Stearman, Blackman and to top it all, Fleck as 'wanker of the week'. Sometimes I think Pinchy really isn't hard enough on the wanker section of our fanbase.

Well said and it's what we do.

I will even reach out an olive branch to our fans who have been giving the stick to RS/JB,JF and offer warmest glad tidings of the season. Best not do it again though, the twats!

Big Vern is at a loose end today if you need to borrow him? Better than paying him to eat biscuits and watch Loose Women.

I fancy Cardiff to win the bloody thing. Their team are scrappers in the Warnock mould, a big lump at the back and strikers to match, and will grind out results when they've no right to. If anything we should be targetting Wolves, they've yet to hit a real sticky patch and it will be interesting when they do.
It wouldn't surprise me at all. Warnock seems invigorated and back to his old ebullient self (got sent off last night). He does know how to win promotion.

Back
Top Bottom