Messgage to Hecky

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

In a nutshell our difference in opinions come down to a couple of points.

You think that the lack of fight and quality can be laid at Hecky's table I dont, he had to scramble a team together in 1 week when Ndiaye and Berge were swept away - way way too late.

You think our fortunes can be changed with a new manager that can instill steel and a plan that can stop the horrendous beatings we are taking I don't.

We have sung 'Hecky and Stuart McCall' virtually every match for 2 seasons- for a reason- they have proven they are a good team in Champ-

You could risk a new manager in desperation to save the season- it won't work the gaping chasm in quality between us and 18 others is too wide.

The sensible thing to do is stick- we might beat the Derby record we might not- I hope we don't- but come next year - we will be ready with a really stable team to attack again. It'll show the football world we chose to use our brains rather than knee jerk silly reaction.

He gets until first 10 next year for me and if we are not in top 6-thanks Hecky off you go.

Are you Hecky's dad?
Ha ha only kidding....in fact it's refreshing to have polarised views and not be sarcastic and abusive towards each other.
You take on board each others comments and eventually agree to disagree....nothing wrong with that.

It's a novel idea to show prolonged loyalty...in some ways I agree.
Sometimes think there should be a rule that managers can only be sacked and changed during the Summer.
How interesting would that be....where the fans are compelled to accept the manager for a full season.

My issue is I'm old fashioned in that I think pro footballers should have basic control and be able to pass the ball 5 yards.
If I was manager I'd make sure every single player is able to pass to feet and I'd make them practice over and over.

Under Wilder it was refreshing to see a simple pass and move game.
Even when we struggled during covid many matches were competitive and close,
we continued to pass the ball, it was part of our identity but the issue is we had zero threat regards scoring.

Last season my concern was our style of all over the place, some might say that was our strength because we didnt have a pre-set style.
Opposition fans always said we were average, played bad football and they couldn't understand how we were top 2.
However most matches last season we did play some great passing football but only for 20 minutes per match.
However in the same match we'd also have 15 minutes spells where we looked a relegation team and couldn't string 3 passes together.
Post match I'm thinking overall we just about deserved to win....the result was all that mattered but I was concerned
about our variable quality and style of play. Hecky would probably say he was being pragmatic and using any tactics to win a game.

This season in recent matches we...again can't string 3 passes together...what's all that about?
Even the Wilder team that was relegated was still able to play consistent pass and move football, the problem was zero penetration.
Basically I'm thinking what is Hecky teaching them or practicing on the training pitch? Also where is the effort and character?
Personally don't mind us losing and/or being relegated if we give it our best but I'm not sure that's happening
and regards pre match tactics, confident, in-game tactical chances, effort/ desire, character...normally this is down to the manager.

Last edited:

Paul, we aren't going to do anything without the ball or while letting the opposition walk right through us.

This season, we'll have to look to an unlikely reference point in Steve Bruce's Newcastle.

You won't drop the back 5 and to be honest I wouldn't trust any centre half in a two either.

I'd reset on Archer that he might be a plan B sub an alternative bench options along with Brewster and Traore.

Go 5-4-1. Flood the midfield enough to help the defence but compete to have more possession.

It could be a midfield diamond with McAtee or Hamer at the peak or a flat four with either of those more wide.

But playing two up front to any team that has been up for more than a season, especially away ks like sending lambs to the slaughter.
would agree with most of that except 541 ive had enough of this 3 centre back tactic anel and trusty can be the 2 but go 451 and pack midfield not the defence all that does is invite teams on to us through lack of numbers

Ultimately we’ve lost 7 out of 8 games drawing 1. Absolutely stinks of the 2020/21 season. I appreciate we’re up against it financially and we’re limited, bad luck with injuries but I don’t know what our game plan is, it’s woeful at the minute, not a good watch. I think we need to start to look at a replacement in my view.
2 things to consider when comparing now to then

1- are we, man for man, better than that team? I would say yes, not in every position, but better

2- the first season we had a “fuckin who?” Attitude to every team, attacked, made then have their worse game of the year and we’re bang up for it.
2nd season we were polar opposite, accepting defeat before a ball was kicked, heads went down soon as the 1st goal went in, with no chance of a fight back

I agree with you, it stinks of season 2, the difference between the 2 seasons last time round was CW, his head had gone

I’m seeing the same defeatist mentality now - that’s the managers job

Agreed, but who’s buying? Of the buyers so far, one is in, or has been in prison. The other one has got less money than I’ve got in my paddy power account (at the time of writing £15.75) and makes Jacob Esan look like Scrooge Mcduck.

Absolute clusterfuck….

'Scrooge McClusterfuck'. A great username.

2 things to consider when comparing now to then

1- are we, man for man, better than that team? I would say yes, not in every position, but better

2- the first season we had a “fuckin who?” Attitude to every team, attacked, made then have their worse game of the year and we’re bang up for it.
2nd season we were polar opposite, accepting defeat before a ball was kicked, heads went down soon as the 1st goal went in, with no chance of a fight back

I agree with you, it stinks of season 2, the difference between the 2 seasons last time round was CW, his head had gone

I’m seeing the same defeatist mentality now - that’s the managers job
The main thing is the mentality for me. But what I will say, is Hecky tactic all good enough? I think not

You did well last year and have done since you took over from Slav, well done. But I think you know your put out of your depth here and the team is quite frankly lost and its not getting any better. It will get far worse. Time for someone see to see what they can do, as its not much fun getting mauled every week. Time to book that holiday and take a break and reflect on the good job you did last season. You will come back somewhere and start again. Best for all concerned.

Thanks Hecky and good luck.

Fuck off would have done.

No time for sentiment, jobs to big for him....

Are you Hecky's dad?
Ha ha only kidding....in fact it's refreshing to have polarised views and not be sarcastic and abusive towards each other.
You take on board each others comments and eventually agree to disagree....nothing wrong with that.

It's a novel idea to show prolonged loyalty...in some ways I agree.
Sometimes think there should be a rule that managers can only be sacked and changed during the Summer.
How interesting would that be....where the fans are compelled to accept the manager for a full season.

My issue is I'm old fashioned in that I think pro footballers should have basic control and be able to pass the ball 5 yards.
If I was manager I'd make sure every single player is able to pass to feet and I'd make them practice over and over.

Under Wilder it was refreshing to see a simple pass and move game.
Even when we struggled during covid many matches were competitive and close,
we continued to pass the ball, it was part of our identity but the issue is we had zero threat regards scoring.

Last season my concern was our style of all over the place, some might say that was our strength because we didnt have a pre-set style.
Opposition fans always said we were average, played bad football and they couldn't understand how we were top 2.
However most matches last season we did play some great passing football but only for 20 minutes per match.
However in the same match we'd also have 15 minutes spells where we looked a relegation team and couldn't string 3 passes together.
Post match I'm thinking overall we just about deserved to win....the result was all that mattered but I was concerned
about our variable quality and style of play. Hecky would probably say he was being pragmatic and using any tactics to win a game.

This season in recent matches we...again can't string 3 passes together...what's all that about?
Even the Wilder team that was relegated was still able to play consistent pass and move football, the problem was zero penetration.
Basically I'm thinking what is Hecky teaching them or practicing on the training pitch? Also where is the effort and character?
Personally don't mind us losing and/or being relegated if we give it our best but I'm not sure that's happening
and regards pre match tactics, confident, in-game tactical chances, effort/ desire, character...normally this is down to the manager.
The point about passing and basics is bang on. 👌

DON'T PANIC.
You lost 2 of our best players just before kick off and have lost even more through injury.
You could only go shopping pre-season with peanuts so bought what you thought were ok with what you had to spend.
Even with our best players available it was still a big ask but we have come close in some games so all is not lost.
Chin up pal and give Bash a big hug from us all.

The prince is our biggest problem. he got rid of valuable assets a week before the season started giving Hecky £20m here you are buy players to keep us up. then it dawns on him he has made a massive error, then fucks off to America. leaving Hecky to take all the flack and does not give a toss about us who supports The Blades.

You did well last year and have done since you took over from Slav, well done. But I think you know your put out of your depth here and the team is quite frankly lost and its not getting any better. It will get far worse. Time for someone see to see what they can do, as its not much fun getting mauled every week. Time to book that holiday and take a break and reflect on the good job you did last season. You will come back somewhere and start again. Best for all concerned.

Thanks Hecky and good luck.
Its not the manager out of his depthIMO Its the players with limited potential who aren’t good enough for this league

i think its both weve a squad of good championship players and a good championship manager
A bit harsh to say that because you haven't got any evidence.

The team is 100% not good enough- lacks quality/ pace/ strength/ technical ability know how- we've seen this 7 times so far.

Hecky though has only got these to work with- who's to say if he had Arsenals squad he wouldn't do a good job- you/ we don't know.

i think its both weve a squad of good championship players and a good championship manager
Ditto.

You have it nailed on. Hecky signed some of these players, and is responsible for the team and how they set up and play. He is ultimately responsible. We can limper on as much as we like....it aint going to get any better under Hecky, far better to attempt to change whist we can rather than sit and wait and endure this every week.

The prince is our biggest problem. he got rid of valuable assets a week before the season started giving Hecky £20m here you are buy players to keep us up. then it dawns on him he has made a massive error, then fucks off to America. leaving Hecky to take all the flack and does not give a toss about us who supports The Blades.

You inadvertently justify the prince's actions with your wording there.referring to them both as valuable assets.

The team is 100% not good enough- lacks quality/ pace/ strength/ technical ability know how- we've seen this 7 times so far.

Hecky though has only got these to work with- who's to say if he had Arsenals squad he wouldn't do a good job- you/ we don't know.
agree and disagree with you your spot on that the players are not good enough to survive in the premier league but hecky has to shoulder some of the blame as well hes certainly not motivating them and his tactics are poor he has to change things or he will definetly be out of a job

agree and disagree with you your spot on that the players are not good enough to survive in the premier league but hecky has to shoulder some of the blame as well hes certainly not motivating them and his tactics are poor he has to change things or he will definetly be out of a job
The argument about money… why are Luton 4th bottom?

-Mancunian Blade the two assets I was referring to are Ndiaye and Berge. the prince hopefully sells up and lets someone else take over. he is hardly ever and Bramall Lane is abroad and dunt realize he is ruining the club.

He wouldn't

In a nutshell our difference in opinions come down to a couple of points.

You think that the lack of fight and quality can be laid at Hecky's table I dont, he had to scramble a team together in 1 week when Ndiaye and Berge were swept away - way way too late.

You think our fortunes can be changed with a new manager that can instill steel and a plan that can stop the horrendous beatings we are taking I don't.

We have sung 'Hecky and Stuart McCall' virtually every match for 2 seasons- for a reason- they have proven they are a good team in Champ-

You could risk a new manager in desperation to save the season- it won't work the gaping chasm in quality between us and 18 others is too wide.

The sensible thing to do is stick- we might beat the Derby record we might not- I hope we don't- but come next year - we will be ready with a really stable team to attack again. It'll show the football world we chose to use our brains rather than knee jerk silly reaction.

He gets until first 10 next year for me and if we are not in top 6-thanks Hecky off you go.
Stable Team are you crazy, because most of this team of cowards will want to be off!

Stable Team are you crazy, because most of this team of cowards will want to be off!
Last years Heroes are this years Cowards- how short can memories be? They look a down to earth bunch to me that have found the leap to Premiership too much.

I don't think any of them are cowards at all, they are trying but it's not enough. Without Illy this is a mid table Championship team, a managerial change, a change in plan A to B ain't going to sort it. As soon as Illy went most folk thought this season would be a massive struggle and so it's proven to be.

Slagging team off and Management team off is really unfair. We've entered the Prem with a worse team - Hamer for Berge is a slight upgrade, Archer for Illy not fair on the kid but huge downgrade- Illy is/was a superstar and was THE MAIN reason for promotion.

-Mancunian Blade the two assets I was referring to are Ndiaye and Berge. the prince hopefully sells up and lets someone else take over. he is hardly ever and Bramall Lane is abroad and dunt realize he is ruining the club.
He was hardly here when Wilder was hitting the heights. What exactly do you think he could do being here on a daily basis?

Both assets wanted to go.

There was no more money in the budget.

The thing he needs to do is lower his asking price especially after he and Bettis basically wrote off the season a few days ago.

Last years Heroes are this years Cowards- how short can memories be? They look a down to earth bunch to me that have found the leap to Premiership too much.

I don't think any of them are cowards at all, they are trying but it's not enough. Without Illy this is a mid table Championship team, a managerial change, a change in plan A to B ain't going to sort it. As soon as Illy went most folk thought this season would be a massive struggle and so it's proven to be.

Slagging team off and Management team off is really unfair. We've entered the Prem with a worse team - Hamer for Berge is a slight upgrade, Archer for Illy not fair on the kid but huge downgrade- Illy is/was a superstar and was THE MAIN reason for promotion.

Your final sentence effectively writes off the rest of last years side. The problem is, as everyone can see, is that our squad seems incapable of retaining possession, are failing with the basics of killing and passing the ball and a midfield so ineffective that it’s no wonder the defence looks so poor. Some of that HAS to be down to the manager and his tactics. Already Hecky is beginning to look like Wilder halfway through PL season 2. Not good.

Back
Top Bottom