Few points from the Chelsea performance

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

William Carey

Reaction score
Arblaster - Played great, good first touches to set himself to drive forward into space, he likes to play positive and rarely passes backwards unless he has no options infront of him which is brilliant. This kid will be a gem for us next season in the Championship.

Hamer - Showed signs of the player he can be, worked hard all over the pitch getting stuck in, brilliant pass for Bogle’s goal and a couple of decent efforts that didn’t go in but again it’s positive that we are having a go.

Osborn - Fantastic tonight, I’m sure everyone (including me) thought it was going to be a painful night with Osborn in midfield but he proved us wrong, dealt with Enzo Fernandez really well and made some crucial interceptions and played a couple of decent balls into the box. I know people are still 50/50 about whether we should offer him a contract but he can play multiple positions and he puts 100% in every time he plays - true fighter.

Anel - Played really well tonight and has improved these last 3 games a lot, looks more comfortable and hopefully he can regain some confidence now that he had in the Championship to keep pulling off performances like that.

UTB ⚔️ - should of won tonight, great efforts all round and the support was brilliant.

Arblaster - Played great, good first touches to set himself to drive forward into space, he likes to play positive and rarely passes backwards unless he has no options infront of him which is brilliant. This kid will be a gem for us next season in the Championship.

Hamer - Showed signs of the player he can be, worked hard all over the pitch getting stuck in, brilliant pass for Bogle’s goal and a couple of decent efforts that didn’t go in but again it’s positive that we are having a go.

Osborn - Fantastic tonight, I’m sure everyone (including me) thought it was going to be a painful night with Osborn in midfield but he proved us wrong, dealt with Enzo Fernandez really well and made some crucial interceptions and played a couple of decent balls into the box. I know people are still 50/50 about whether we should offer him a contract but he can play multiple positions and he puts 100% in every time he plays - true fighter.

Anel - Played really well tonight and has improved these last 3 games a lot, looks more comfortable and hopefully he can regain some confidence now that he had in the Championship to keep pulling off performances like that.

UTB ⚔️ - should of won tonight, great efforts all round and the support was brilliant.

Osborn does what he always does best. Uses his energy to close players down quickly, nibble and hassle them.

Anel has been fine these last few games, as pointed out a while ago I think he plays better in the middle of a 3.

BBC sport gave Archer MOM!!! Who came on in the 87 minute

Just one for a draw mate no matter how well we played.

Edit: Sorry, I really should read more than just the thread title.

Last edited:
I’m sure everyone (including me) thought it was going to be a painful night with Osborn in midfield
I really disagree, he’s shown this season that when he plays we play a lot better.

His effort has never been in question, he does the simple ball well. In the PL that’s all we need from him, basically be little runaround Ben!

His problem has always been when we’ve needed creativity in midfield in the Championship, he lacks this. It’s strange that a player is more effective the higher in the pyramid we go but Osborn is just that.

Back
Top Bottom