Messgage to Hecky

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Reaction score
You did well last year and have done since you took over from Slav, well done. But I think you know your put out of your depth here and the team is quite frankly lost and its not getting any better. It will get far worse. Time for someone see to see what they can do, as its not much fun getting mauled every week. Time to book that holiday and take a break and reflect on the good job you did last season. You will come back somewhere and start again. Best for all concerned.

Thanks Hecky and good luck.

It's time to go now, got nothing but respect and admiration for hecky, however things can't keep going on as there are. Sad time but club comes first.

Keep going Hecky - you twice have taken the team above and beyond. Taking Ndiaye and Berge away 1 week before blast off was insane.

The players you have are not good enough for the Prem- we will give you until 10 games in the Championship next year- bring us back better in '25.

Sorry we haven't backed you properly. Under the circumstances you are shouldering up fine.

Last edited:
Keep going Hecky - you twice have taken the team above and beyond. Taking Ndiaye and Berge away 1 week before blast off was insane.

The players you have are not good enough for the Prem- we will give you until 10 games in the Championship next year- bring us back better in '25.

Sorry we haven't backed you properly. Under the circumstances you are shouldering up fine under the circumstances.
laugh-elissa.gif

oh Yes, he comes on here alright. No doubt about that whatsoever.
Well if that's a certainty,It would be great to see some empirical evidence.
And if it's absolutely so, he's not following much of the advice is he🤔😉

Message to the Prince…
Sell the club and fuck off!
Agreed, but who’s buying? Of the buyers so far, one is in, or has been in prison. The other one has got less money than I’ve got in my paddy power account (at the time of writing £15.75) and makes Jacob Esan look like Scrooge Mcduck.

Absolute clusterfuck….

Paul, we aren't going to do anything without the ball or while letting the opposition walk right through us.

This season, we'll have to look to an unlikely reference point in Steve Bruce's Newcastle.

You won't drop the back 5 and to be honest I wouldn't trust any centre half in a two either.

I'd reset on Archer that he might be a plan B sub an alternative bench options along with Brewster and Traore.

Go 5-4-1. Flood the midfield enough to help the defence but compete to have more possession.

It could be a midfield diamond with McAtee or Hamer at the peak or a flat four with either of those more wide.

But playing two up front to any team that has been up for more than a season, especially away ks like sending lambs to the slaughter.

Agreed, but who’s buying? Of the buyers so far, one is in, or has been in prison. The other one has got less money than I’ve got in my paddy power account (at the time of writing £15.75) and makes Jacob Esan look like Scrooge Mcduck.

Absolute clusterfuck….

People are buying football clubs at the minute and if it’s priced right it will sell. We’ve got reduce the price so we’re not just fishing in the “sorry pal I’ve not brought my wallet, will pay thee next Tuesday” pond.

Sorry we haven't backed you properly. Under the circumstances you are shouldering up fine.
I agree on your points about taking the team above and beyond

Problem here is like a player, a manager has a level, and like most of our lads, that level is top end championship for PH

You say ‘taking Berge and Ndaiye’
And ‘sorry we haven’t backed you’

Blame is being thrown at Hecky, players, board, VAR, EPL etc

But what are the board to do when Ndaiye says he will sign the biggest contract ever. Does a video, then changes his mind?
He left us with 1 week to go, not the board.

Absolute clusterfuck….
Why would anyone want to buy in? To develop flats?

Wow....just shows how people can have different opinions.

1: Regards taking N'Diaye and Berge away from you was insane.
Not sure if you know this but they were soon to out of contract so there was a strong incentive to sell them, this is what happens at every other club, it's normal business.
Keeping any player against their wishes, usually leads to Lundstarm type performances and when there's bad apples in the camp team morale spirals downward.
Maybe the club learnt its lesson from the Lundstram fiasco.....so should be praised regards learnings from past mistakes.
Also not having resources to replace them would be insane? We managed to recoup over £30 million which was all spent on the targets identified by Hecky.
Also Hamer is arguably a better player than Berge, so we've actually improved there.

2: Regards the players not being good enough for the Premier comment
Agree our players are upper Championship to average Championship standard, so why aren't they playing like that?
As a team we're approaching games, showing the qualities and performing like a league 1 team, not a Championship team.

3: Regards the we'll give you 10 games in the Championship next year.
Not sure if you saw many of last season matches, results were great but performances were always mixed and never convincing.
Based on general play, even with some of the best and most expensive players in the league making us pre-season favourites,
think without N'Diaye we'd have finished mid table and the problem is we won't have N'Diaye next season either, so suspect with Hecky we'll be bottom half next season.

4: Regards Hecky not being backed properly.
There are plenty of clubs in the last 30 years of the PL who have been backed less than ours and they've coped much better. We've spent more than Luton, who have worse players than us, so how come they are competing much better, they have plenty of attacks and still have belief and positivity every game.

5: Regards the comment "you are shouldering up fine"
This typifies the Sheffield losers mentality. We have suffered out biggest defeat in our 134 year history.
Appreciate Newcastle are really good but they wouldn't beat, even a league 1 team 8-0, also it wasn't a case of "it was just one of them day where every shot went in".
On another day Newcastle could have easily beat us 10 or 11-0. Also we are seriously challenging the record lowest points total set by Derby.

It's embarrassing and a disgrace if we become the worse team to ever play in the Premier League.
We're quickly becoming a laughing stock where opposition teams have zero respect for us because they don't need to try.
Even in the cold light of day when the dust has settled, this is simple not acceptable.

Note: Of course Hecky is a good guy and deserves respect, he achieved his target last season and deserves massive praise saving us from financial meltdown.
Would love to keep him involved at the club somehow but I'm not sure how.

Last edited:

Not sure if you know this but they were soon to out of contract so there was a strong incentive to sell them, this is what happens at every other club, it's normal business.
Keeping any player against their wishes, usually leads to Lundstarm type performances and when there's bad apples in the camp team morale spirals downward.
Also not having resources to replace them would be insane? We managed to recoup over £30 million which was all spent on the targets identified by Hecky.
Also Hamer is a better player than Berge, so we've actually improved there.

Agree our players are upper Championship to average Championship standard, so why aren't they playing like that?
As a team we're approaching games, showing the qualities and performing like a league 1 team, not a Championship team.

Not sure if you saw many of last season matches, results were great but performances were always mixed and never convincing.
Based on general play, even with some of the best and most expense players in the league making us pre-season favourites,
think without N'Diaye we'd have finished mid table and the problem is we won't have N'Diaye next season either, so suspect with Hecky we'll be bottom half next season.

There are plenty of clubs in the last 30 years of the PL who have been backed less than ours and they've coped much better. We've spent more than Luton, who have worse players than us, so how come they are competing much better, they have plenty of attacks and still have belief and positivity every game.

This typifies the Sheffield losers mentality. We have suffered out biggest defeat in our 134 year history.
Appreciate Newcastle are good but they wouldn't beat even a league 1 team 8-0, also it wasn't a case of "it was just one of them day where every shot went in".
On another day Newcastle could have easily beat us 10 or 11-0. Also we are seriously challenging the record lowest points total set by Derby.

It's embarrassing and a disgrace if we become the worse team to ever play in the Premier League.
We're quickly becoming a laughing stock where opposition teams have zero respect for us because they don't need to try.
Even in the cold light of day when the dust has settled, this is simple not acceptable.
Absolutely bang on.

Wot you on about lad enjoy your shift at maccies you scrubber.

Yours sincerely, Hecky and the team.

Also Hamer is a better player than Berge, so we've actually improved there.

Based on general play, even with some of the best and most expense players in the league making us pre-season favourites,

Appreciate Newcastle are good but they wouldn't beat even a league 1 team 8-0, also it wasn't a case of "it was just one of them day where every shot went in".

Note: Of course Hecky is a good guy and deserves respect, he achieved his target last seasons and deserves praise.
Would love to keep him involved at the club somehow but I'm not sure how.
In a nutshell our difference in opinions come down to a couple of points.

You think that the lack of fight and quality can be laid at Hecky's table I dont, he had to scramble a team together in 1 week when Ndiaye and Berge were swept away - way way too late.

You think our fortunes can be changed with a new manager that can instill steel and a plan that can stop the horrendous beatings we are taking I don't.

We have sung 'Hecky and Stuart McCall' virtually every match for 2 seasons- for a reason- they have proven they are a good team in Champ-

You could risk a new manager in desperation to save the season- it won't work the gaping chasm in quality between us and 18 others is too wide.

The sensible thing to do is stick- we might beat the Derby record we might not- I hope we don't- but come next year - we will be ready with a really stable team to attack again. It'll show the football world we chose to use our brains rather than knee jerk silly reaction.

He gets until first 10 next year for me and if we are not in top 6-thanks Hecky off you go.

Ultimately we’ve lost 7 out of 8 games drawing 1. Absolutely stinks of the 2020/21 season. I appreciate we’re up against it financially and we’re limited, bad luck with injuries but I don’t know what our game plan is, it’s woeful at the minute, not a good watch. I think we need to start to look at a replacement in my view.

Back
Top Bottom