Player Suggestion Kevin McDonald

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Lots of reasons why he shouldn't / won't return although my favourite is him turning up for training pissed, being sent home and been given a (very) final warning.

As a player he's more in the Norwood and Coutts mould whereas what Utd need is another Fleck type. Lundstram, unfortunately, is neither.

He was a more important player for Fulham than Norwood.

Tin hat well and truly on, along with heavy body armour.

True, but that's more down the system they used, and might not reflect where they are in terms of ability as players.

He'd be great if anything happened to Norwood... would help rest those 2 and really push them in my view. Coutts and Lunny aren't realistically pushing these 2. And you wouldn't rest them for these 2 either.

True, but that's more down the system they used, and might not reflect where they are in terms of ability as players.

They prefer the same role and Fulham chose McDonald to play it. Norwood has a better passing range. McDonald is bigger, stronger, loses the ball less and can carry it. Similar to a peak Coutts, but right now I'd imagine McDonald is at a higher level than him.

Whether he'd be a suitable signing now, I'm not sure. But he's the sort of calibre I was talking about in the time to capitalise thread.

They prefer the same role and Fulham chose McDonald to play it. Norwood has a better passing range. McDonald is bigger, stronger, loses the ball less and can carry it. Similar to a peak Coutts, but right now I'd imagine McDonald is at a higher level than him.

Whether he'd be a suitable signing now, I'm not sure. But he's the sort of calibre I was talking about in the time to capitalise thread.

Forgive me, as I only saw Fulham play a handful of times but I'm sure I saw them play together, more than once.

As I recall, McDonald was playing in a sort of box to box role, doing a bit of everything and Norwood was deeper, pulling the strings.

I agree with your assessment above btw, I'd say McDonald's better carrying the ball and Norwood's better at distribution but I'm not convinced that one is particularly better than the other personally.

Forgive me, as I only saw Fulham play a handful of times but I'm sure I saw them play together, more than once.

As I recall, McDonald was playing in a sort of box to box role, doing a bit of everything and Norwood was deeper, pulling the strings.

I agree with your assessment above btw, I'd say McDonald's better carrying the ball and Norwood's better at distribution but I'm not convinced that one is particularly better than the other personally.

They often played together but more often than not when I saw them McDonald was the one taking it off the centre halves centrally and being the main playmaker.

Pretty sure they played together against us in the 5-4 ,alongwith Cairney. I also think it was Cairney who displaced Norwood more often than not.

Food for thought, would anyone swap McDonald for Fleck, would that improve us ?

Norwood in the 2nd half of the season hardly started for Fulham, think he was sub most of the time.
Think he mainly covered for injuries and suspensions to their other midfielders.

McDonald would be a decent addition to our team but I don’t think his workrate and/or attitude is good enough for Wilder. Also we already have some good passing midfielders, so his great passing isn’t something that we urgently need.

McDonald's different to Fleck but I think he'd be flexible enough to play in his position, albeit not exactly the same role.

Certainly more capable than Lundstram there, or Norwood, and probably Coutts.

They often played together but more often than not when I saw them McDonald was the one taking it off the centre halves centrally and being the main playmaker.

Fair enough, I thought Norwood generally looked deeper in the games I saw, but like I said, I probabaly didn't see enough games.

I suspect we won't be signing McDonald for other reasons regardless.

McDonald was the stand out player when he was at the club. Part of the reason for that was because of the lack of quality in the rest of the squad

Here and now he would be one of a crowd and whilst he might add to the squad quality wise, personally speaking. I'd tell him to fk off. He couldn't wait to piss off and leave us in the shit, so I have no time for him. Just my opinion

Plenty more fish in the sea

Given the supposed limitations of our budget, I can't see another passing midfielder being high on the list of priorities, in fact it is probably bottom of that list.

McDonald was the stand out player when he was at the club. Part of the reason for that was because of the lack of quality in the rest of the squad

Here and now he would be one of a crowd and whilst he might add to the squad quality wise, personally speaking. I'd tell him to fk off. He couldn't wait to piss off and leave us in the shit, so I have no time for him. Just my opinion

Plenty more fish in the sea
Nesh for a Scot too. Often didn’t bother in away games. Nice feet when he could be bothered.

Proper footballer, rarely gave the ball away, better version of Coutts. Integral part of Wolves (2015 and 2016) and Fulhams (2017 and 2018) championship teams playing around 80 games for each over 2 seasons and people think hes not good enough for us?

Admittedly he wouldn't immediately replace either Fleck or Norwood but he'd he's great reserve and once in the team difficult to shift. There's been no sign that Couttsy is anywhere near back to his best and Lundstram just isn't up to it.

Back
Top Bottom