Player Suggestion Kevin McDonald

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Talks have been held regarding a possible move in the Summer, but if Fulham come down that might well change.

He'd be replacing one of our midfielders, and it's not Fleck.

Well it will change as Fulham will be relegated and you are obviously referring to Norwood...

Norwoods value has shot up.

£2m was an absolute steal. We could treble that in the summer.

If it's Norwood then I presume he will be off to another northern club? He was quite clear in saying that he wanted to settle his family back up here.
So which clubs would be willing to stump up this supposed mega fee?

Prem - Burnley or Everton perhaps?

Champ - Forest, Blackburn or Stoke maybe?

I think he will be staying personally.

Coutts. Sadly.

Very little coming out about contract extension, which I believe is up this summer, and with little chance of an appearance based trigger a la Billy.

:(

UTB

Norwoods value has shot up.

£2m was an absolute steal. We could treble that in the summer.

£2million was indeed a steal, but treble value? No chance.

He'll have a great game, a decent game and then a shocker. Blows far too hot and cold to have trebled in value. Not slagging him off as he's been great for us; just stating facts.

Obviously Coutts.

Which would be no surprise, with Norwood's contractual obligation to play every minute.

Unless he's miles off the pace, I'd fully understand Coutts being unhappy and wanting to leave.

If it's Norwood then I presume he will be off to another northern club? He was quite clear in saying that he wanted to settle his family back up here.
So which clubs would be willing to stump up this supposed mega fee?

Prem - Burnley or Everton perhaps?

Champ - Forest, Blackburn or Stoke maybe?

I think he will be staying personally.

Burnley coming down with Parachute money?

We all said we wanted to improve the squad depth, well it's happened this window and there are plans in place for it to happen in the summer too.

And unless Coutts can start showing something very soon he'll be the one making way. Norwood only signed in January! I thought that was obvious.

Don’t get deadline day panic in FL anymore everyone justmakes loan signings and think the window for loans is open for another few weeks isn’t it? Could still sign him this season if we wanted to couldn’t we?

I’d like to think we are looking at younger options though. Gonna be like Dads army

That's what I thought. As much as I like McDonald he's 30, we don't have much in the way of youth coming through

Nothing against the Dads they serve us well but some youth wouldn’t go amiss

Coutts not getting much game time could also be down to not coming back from injury as quickly as hoped.

Not just because of Norwood.

So many variables at this stage to be certain on what's going to happen this Summer. In terms of both Fulham's future and our own. I assume KMac won't be that high on our target list if we go up.

I would also prefer more youth, but the more realistic our prospects of promotion in the next couple of seasons, the more I can get on board with more experienced players arriving.

Don’t get deadline day panic in FL anymore everyone justmakes loan signings and think the window for loans is open for another few weeks isn’t it? Could still sign him this season if we wanted to couldn’t we?

I’d like to think we are looking at younger options though. Gonna be like Dads army

I could well be wrong but I’m pretty sure the window is now shut for all transfers until the summer.

Not trying to be awkward, but surely clubs don’t discuss transfers that are six months away minimum when neither of them know which division they’ll be in.
Don't be daft, they openly tell a select group of fans, ask them to share it on twitter and this forum but would prefer it if no names or sources were mentioned.

Oh dear - this thread is quickly deteriorating into people understanding it as Norwood will be leaving, which as far as I can see, is untrue and not the intended message.

I would be very surprised if Norwood isn't enjoying his football at the moment and unless he or his agent suddenly decide to just chase $$$ why on earth would he look to go elsewhere?

Oh dear - this thread is quickly deteriorating into people understanding it as Norwood will be leaving, which as far as I can see, is untrue.

I would be very surprised if Norwood isn't enjoying his football at the moment and unless he or his agent suddenly decide to just chase $$$ why on earth would he look to go elsewhere?
I don't know why people got that idea, he only signed in January! I've clarified that above.

FYI the player is Coutts. And if he moves on we have registered an interest in Kevin McDonald. No more, no less.

Coutts not getting much game time could also be down to not coming back from injury as quickly as hoped.

Not just because of Norwood.

Think you may have (partially) hit upon the reason why Coutts hasn't appeared as often as some of us would have liked.

I doubt Wilder would choose to impede his return, but given the current makeup of the team he may have decided that he sticks with what has proven to work. As Wilder has said before, he's not sentimental, thus Coutts having to be patient until he gets the chance to show he's still a contender for a key position in this team.

My own take (and please, before anyone accuses me of knowing more than the 'deity' ;) that is our manager) I still think that given the chance Coutts has a role to play in the same team as Norwood. Where and in what position is the question, and I think a possible answer is a position just in front of the defence where Coutts' collects the ball and then decides where and to who he considers the best option to receive the ball. In no way would this damage Norwood's ability to use the ball, it's just that he'd be asked to play in a more forward role. It might take time to see Coutts return to his best form, but considering the type of injury he received from the oppo's thug, well given what levels we know Coutts can rise to, I think he's worth persevering with, at least until it's clear whether we have the Coutts of old, or whether he's no longer able to be the maestro he once was.

I think that, apart from us being shit and skint, McDonald enjoyed his time here. So I wouldn't be surprised if he came back.

This makes more sense than him coming in to replace Fleck in the last window. It would be sad to see Coutts go if he was the replacement.

I just don’t think they do.
Regardless what you think... they do. Forward planning is very much a thing in football.

Also from what I hear the rumours about Deano's extension are very possible too. No chance of a permanent deal but another loan regardless of division are very realistic.

Back
Top Bottom