CONFIRMED Slaviša Jokanović

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Slav does have a slightly startled look too - did Chris Wilder just walk in?

I see tight bastards Skybet aren’t paying out on SJ becoming manager yet.

Just read terms, He has to be manager first game of next season wankers

Does that mean we can still bet on him becoming our manager? XD

Hope he can manage a chat with CW this summer

I'm away in the Yorkshire dales at the moment so only just seen this news. Imo this is the best appointment that the Blade's could make of the 'known candidates'. So it's looking good for your lot in the up coming season. PS I've found a local shop that does Budvar so if any of this doesn't make sense, fuck thi😉

I'm away in the Yorkshire dales at the moment so only just seen this news. Imo this is the best appointment that the Blade's could make of the 'known candidates'. So it's looking good for your lot in the up coming season. PS I've found a local shop that does Budvar so if any of this doesn't make sense, fuck thi😉
Sorry, I really don't know why I put that bit at the end. Think to much sun and beer had gone to my head yesterday. Still a top appointment though.

Congrats to the Blades on great appointment. Most FFC supporters would love to have had him back in charge instead of our current touchline mannequin. It took Joka half a season to get the team playing the way he wanted, but after that we enjoyed some of the best football seen at the Cottage going back to Tigana´s days. High energy, high press, fast attacking style. Lots of possession, but always looking to attack. Don´t pay too much attention to the talk of his transfer flops at FFC, as we had (and unfortunately still have) the Chairman´s boy blunder in charge as DoF - when he isn´t too busy playing with his AEW wrestling circus! Will follow your progress under Joka with great interest.

Know what ? I'm getting a little bit excited after all the negativity of the last few weeks/months.
Sure we've been here a plenty before, so should not count our chickens.
However, the Prince and his scruffy look for some reason looks like he means business to me
Not quite ready to march with Yoko's army just yet, but I'm cleaning my trainers, time will tell .....UTB

Congrats to the Blades on great appointment. Most FFC supporters would love to have had him back in charge instead of our current touchline mannequin. It took Joka half a season to get the team playing the way he wanted, but after that we enjoyed some of the best football seen at the Cottage going back to Tigana´s days. High energy, high press, fast attacking style. Lots of possession, but always looking to attack. Don´t pay too much attention to the talk of his transfer flops at FFC, as we had (and unfortunately still have) the Chairman´s boy blunder in charge as DoF - when he isn´t too busy playing with his AEW wrestling circus! Will follow your progress under Joka with great interest.

I am curious, were you considering getting him back in as manager to replace Parker? or would he not comeback due to your current DoF anyway?

I am curious, were you considering getting him back in as manager to replace Parker? or would he not comeback due to your current DoF anyway?
Highly doubtful Joka would come back with the Chairman´s son still DoF. That aside, I and every FFC supporter I know would have him back to replace Parker as coach in a second. From a coaching/tactical, player development, leadership and entertainment perspective, Joka wins every possible comparison between the two. If you are looking for bland, meaningless media sound bites, tired cliche´s and touchline posing, then Scotty is your man. Joka was badly let down when Tony Khan decided to play Football Manager 2018 and blow 100m of daddy´s money on mostly Eurotrash and a player in Alfie Mawson who made Anderton look like an ironman! With this year´s side Joka keeps FFC in the PL comfortably. He has a real honest edge to him and he won´t give a sh*t about media perception or Sky love in bo**ocks.

The fulham side he had was imo one of the best in the league on paper. Possibly should have achieved automatic?

Wolves were galacticos at that level, certainly on paper. Also you can never count out whiley Warnock in a promotion race.

I think we're all hoping he will be a CW2.0 with whistles and bells.

Don't be a stranger to the forum.

We'll always welcome input from you especially on this subject.

Does anyone else think that Slav looks like Algy Pug from Rupert the Bear, or is it just me being rude?

pugslav.jpg

Algy Pug out of Rupert the Bear

pug.jpg

Sheffield United manager, Slavisa Jokanovic

I am so excited to see us play his style of football.

Even at our best under Wilder there was too much fucking about for the 'perfect' chance.

Jokanovic is hell for leather heavy metal goyals goyals and more goyals.
High fast pressing, slick possession football and plenty of pace.
It's difficult to understand what exactly went on this last season with the players / manager. I used to watch them pass it about, and loved it. I got the feeling that Wilder instructed the players not to speculate on crosses or long corners, if there was no outlay. Some of the crowd love a shot that blazes wide (no goal - goal-kick opponents kick ball forward and have a goal opportunity) but hate a pass, pass, pass (no goal, but we keep possession). So I was totally onboard with Wilder's tactics - don't cross if there's nobody there.
Remember in football, a penalty that is blasted but saved, is always forgiven more than a slow chip penalty that is saved, fans can understand a blasted penalty that hits the bar, but get angry if a soft penalty is scooped up by the 'keeper - same as short corners and quick free kicks.
But I got the feeling, as time went on during the season, that Wilder became more obsessed with the 'perfect chance' and would give beans to players who 'lost the ball' - which actually could just be a pass that was well meant but went astray.
As the season developed and Wilder (possibly) became more critical of the players who failed to follow his instructions, the players themselves became more introvert and less likely to 'go against their instructions' for fear of Wilder's wrath. It was obvious to anyone looking at them, they were drilled to do a job and they did it to the letter. Why get balled out in training for attempting something different, that fails, when you can just do what Chris tells you, even if that fails?
It was clear the players were playing with trepidation - a short pass to a team mate instead of a long speculative ball, ended up being a short pass to the opposition. Maybe they just decided it was easier to follow Wilder's instructions and lose than go against him and lose. The whole of last season was dire, uninspiring without any excitement or joy.
I'm optimistic that a new manager - with his own tough stance no doubt - is going to let the players rip and at least let them do the thing they are skilled at doing - which is playing football. He will drill them and show them how he wants the team to play - but he will also, hopefully, allow them to do what they do best.
I hope all the players are sat at home now, with a fire in their belly, and looking at their kids and partners with a sense of something new and different, and they go back next season, rejoiced, refreshed and ready for the fight.
I can't wait to get back to the Lane and cheer them on.
I wanted the Prince to give Wilder a chance to get us back up. That was my main wish in January - keep Wilder and give him the chance. However, now the dust has settled and my head is clear, and as time goes by - I'm really warming to the idea of this new boss.
Other things might also come into play. Some Serbs might follow us, because of Slavisa, other teams he managed will look at our results, people in Mali might follow us if we bring Coulibaly on board etc. etc. If we are just employing Yorkshire managers and British players, it's not exactly the blue print for getting the Blades known around the world - which is what the Prince wants

It's difficult to understand what exactly went on this last season with the players / manager. I used to watch them pass it about, and loved it. I got the feeling that Wilder instructed the players not to speculate on crosses or long corners, if there was no outlay. Some of the crowd love a shot that blazes wide (no goal - goal-kick opponents kick ball forward and have a goal opportunity) but hate a pass, pass, pass (no goal, but we keep possession). So I was totally onboard with Wilder's tactics - don't cross if there's nobody there.
Remember in football, a penalty that is blasted but saved, is always forgiven more than a slow chip penalty that is saved, fans can understand a blasted penalty that hits the bar, but get angry if a soft penalty is scooped up by the 'keeper - same as short corners and quick free kicks.
But I got the feeling, as time went on during the season, that Wilder became more obsessed with the 'perfect chance' and would give beans to players who 'lost the ball' - which actually could just be a pass that was well meant but went astray.
As the season developed and Wilder (possibly) became more critical of the players who failed to follow his instructions, the players themselves became more introvert and less likely to 'go against their instructions' for fear of Wilder's wrath. It was obvious to anyone looking at them, they were drilled to do a job and they did it to the letter. Why get balled out in training for attempting something different, that fails, when you can just do what Chris tells you, even if that fails?
It was clear the players were playing with trepidation - a short pass to a team mate instead of a long speculative ball, ended up being a short pass to the opposition. Maybe they just decided it was easier to follow Wilder's instructions and lose than go against him and lose. The whole of last season was dire, uninspiring without any excitement or joy.
I'm optimistic that a new manager - with his own tough stance no doubt - is going to let the players rip and at least let them do the thing they are skilled at doing - which is playing football. He will drill them and show them how he wants the team to play - but he will also, hopefully, allow them to do what they do best.
I hope all the players are sat at home now, with a fire in their belly, and looking at their kids and partners with a sense of something new and different, and they go back next season, rejoiced, refreshed and ready for the fight.
I can't wait to get back to the Lane and cheer them on.
I wanted the Prince to give Wilder a chance to get us back up. That was my main wish in January - keep Wilder and give him the chance. However, now the dust has settled and my head is clear, and as time goes by - I'm really warming to the idea of this new boss.
Other things might also come into play. Some Serbs might follow us, because of Slavisa, other teams he managed will look at our results, people in Mali might follow us if we bring Coulibaly on board etc. etc. If we are just employing Yorkshire managers and British players, it's not exactly the blue print for getting the Blades known around the world - which is what the Prince wants
"don`t cross if there`s nobody there". That was the main problem with the CW system in the Prem. Too often there were not enough players there, so we messed about with it on wings without creating chances.

It's gorgeous round there especially with the weather as it was. We were in Glasshouses near Pateley Bridge this weekend for a day visiting friends not seen since October. Did you go to Malham at all?
No did not go to Malham while we was up that way this time, but went around 3 years ago. We was there for 3 nights and just explored the local area on foot which I must admit some of the hills became rather hard work in the sun but definitely worth the effort.

Back
Top Bottom