CONFIRMED Slaviša Jokanović

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Biggs saying that he knows for a fact Wilder thought Jokanovic was best man for the job..

Vaguely remember Biggs saying that Wilder recommended Appleton to the board upon his departure...🙈
It was Cooper that Wilder apparently recommended to the board, can't be bothered to look that up, but it definitely was Cooper from Swansea that Wilder had recommended according to whichever paper it was, I think one of the local ones.

For what it's worth, I don't recall Alan Biggs saying that Wilder had recommended Cooper, I would have thought Wilder would be far more inclined to recommend Slav to be honest, he seems more of a Wilder type than Cooper would be, although I don't know much about Cooper, other than that he inherited a decent Swansea team with a striker on £60,000 or so!

Assuming it is true to Wilder and Jokanovic spoke, presumably it was Jokanovic who sounded out Wilder and if that's true then fair play to Jokanovic because some may say that he could have been put off by the chat, but yet I think that Wilder will have an insight that Slav wouldn't get from anyone else. Also, maybe Wilder didn't want to put him off, we can only speculate on this, but the fact he's here would indicate that Wilder wasn't negative or he obviously may not have joined. So potentially fair play to Wilder also.

When does his backroom team join?

Two things that concern me about Slav that ive read and I'm happy to be corrected on.

1. I believe James Shield reported that Heckingbottom put together the training plan for pre season and Slav is happy with it, why wasn't it Slav that did this?

2. Steve Bettis said that Slav is happy for the club to sign players without his input however they have said they'd want his input.

Maybe this is the normal way now for head coaches and I'm just used to the wilder way of being in control of everything.
I find it incredible that people are still taking James Shield’s words at face value.

I find it incredible that people are still taking James Shield’s words at face value.
I'm not at all, I'm just saying concerning things that i’d read and wanted to be corrected on that a number of people have explained to me. I don't know the ins & outs of being a football manager so I was asking the forum for their take on the articles that's been written.

Why? do you not think it is credible that a local club would brief a local journalist. JS's problem is having to fill 2 pages of copy very day with little nuggets of information, much of which is the the public realm anyhow these days.

Why? do you not think it is credible that a local club would brief a local journalist. JS's problem is having to fill 2 pages of copy very day with little nuggets of information, much of which is the the public realm anyhow these days.
Well, seeing as local journalists were whinging about not being briefed by the club and they’ve continually either got stuff wrong, or just regurgitated what people on here have posted, then not really.

I take anything Sheilds, Biggs etc. write about the club with a massive pinch of salt.

What's wrong with James Shields? He's always come across as alright to me..

Nothing wrong with James, sometimes feels he has to fill a certain amount of column inches everyday with very little new info.

It was Cooper that Wilder apparently recommended to the board, can't be bothered to look that up, but it definitely was Cooper from Swansea that Wilder had recommended according to whichever paper it was, I think one of the local ones.

For what it's worth, I don't recall Alan Biggs saying that Wilder had recommended Cooper, I would have thought Wilder would be far more inclined to recommend Slav to be honest, he seems more of a Wilder type than Cooper would be, although I don't know much about Cooper, other than that he inherited a decent Swansea team with a striker on £60,000 or so!

Assuming it is true to Wilder and Jokanovic spoke, presumably it was Jokanovic who sounded out Wilder and if that's true then fair play to Jokanovic because some may say that he could have been put off by the chat, but yet I think that Wilder will have an insight that Slav wouldn't get from anyone else. Also, maybe Wilder didn't want to put him off, we can only speculate on this, but the fact he's here would indicate that Wilder wasn't negative or he obviously may not have joined. So potentially fair play to Wilder also.

Yeah I remember it being Cooper that Wilder recommended, which is a decent shout too.
The Wilder departure is seen by many as something that was very bitter but I'm not so sure it is. Wilder got along well with Bettis, but over the past 18months he's not liked the way that things were changing for him and I think when results dipped his voice became less heard by the board and the Prince.

But he's still a blade, and it's good to know that Slav spoke to Wilder and this all worked out to Slav still signing.
1. Slav wasn't the Manager and Heckingbottom based on his performance as Caretaker Manager probably earned the trust of SJ to make the pre season arrangements.

2. I doubt very much the club will be signing players without consulting SJ. Imagine if in January we have 1 fit defender and Bettis brings the Belgian leagues top scorer with him down to Shirecliffe to make introductions? I doubt it'll happen.

Yes, Slav isn't going to be as hands on with transfers as Wilder insisted upon but that is a good thing after some of the dross CW has burdened us with. The signing of Coulibaly is proof enough to me that PA's people have a good eye.

How can SJ calloborating with JVW to recruit players be any worse then any of the transfer business we did since 2019?
I think it will be interesting to see how transfers now evolve. Still don't think we've got alot of dross actually certain not at this level but lets not get into that.
Also Coulibaly hasn't yet played for us so I'm not yet classing this as proof PA has a good eye. The targets he apparently suggested to Wilder are good players too but would we ever really have been in with a chance of signing them?

Yeah I remember it being Cooper that Wilder recommended, which is a decent shout too.
The Wilder departure is seen by many as something that was very bitter but I'm not so sure it is. Wilder got along well with Bettis, but over the past 18months he's not liked the way that things were changing for him and I think when results dipped his voice became less heard by the board and the Prince.

But he's still a blade, and it's good to know that Slav spoke to Wilder and this all worked out to Slav still signing.

I think it will be interesting to see how transfers now evolve. Still don't think we've got alot of dross actually certain not at this level but lets not get into that.
Also Coulibaly hasn't yet played for us so I'm not yet classing this as proof PA has a good eye. The targets he apparently suggested to Wilder are good players too but would we ever really have been in with a chance of signing them?
Cooper's release fee is reportedly £4.5m: before he walked through the door he would have cost the same as 18 months of Jokanovic's reported salary, which I'd presume includes a hefty promotion bonus.

No I don’t think it is credible, especially after James threw his toys out the pram pointed fingers at colleagues who were on the inside and reporting as being some sort of shill.

What's wrong with James Shields? He's always come across as alright to me..
I've never said there's anything wrong with him - he seems a nice guy. I'm talking about the output of his work. Two different things.

Back
Top Bottom