CONFIRMED Slaviša Jokanović

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

The most important question: who was our last bearded manager?

I am so excited to see us play his style of football.

Even at our best under Wilder there was too much fucking about for the 'perfect' chance.

Jokanovic is hell for leather heavy metal goyals goyals and more goyals.
High fast pressing, slick possession football and plenty of pace.

Sounds like we're going to be the Championships version of Liverpool then !! 😉

Jimmy would have looked a lot better with a bag over his head. Nevermind a beard.

Being honest he must have hit every branch of the ugly tree when the stork let go of him when he was born.
at the same time wensdy had Len Ashurst as manager .another ugly cunt

I think Teddy Davison was still the manager in 1947 when I saw my first game- beat Blackburn Rovers 4-1. Did Reg Freeman (Ex Rotherham manager- No beard) follow him Silent?

There's a good article in the Athletic today on the first few days. Nothing groundbreaking, but one or two interesting nuggets of info (eg he hasn't spoken to CW, but says he's sure he'll bump into him, as 'it's Chris's city').

The article tries to pull that there's a sense of confidence and belief about the place because of the appointment that wouldn't have been present if we'd hired Blessin instead, and how we'll avoid doing a Huddersfield.

While there's obvious excitement at the start of the season, and hopefully we should be one of the better teams, I think there's some nervousness as well. It's our first new manager since 2016. There's a little whiff of Adkins, in that SJ looks a good appointment on paper, and has previous promotions on the CV. There's more rumours about outgoings than incomings, and probably our best player may not kick a ball in anger professionally again.

Add in the unknown mental state of the players. If we go 1-0 down against Brum is it game over (as was the case every PL game when we conceded first)?

Overall, I look forward to August, and the first pre seasons before then, and heaven knows we're all desperate to get to a full Bramall Lane again. But I wouldn't say I'm brimming with optimism as things stand.

There's a good article in the Athletic today on the first few days. Nothing groundbreaking, but one or two interesting nuggets of info (eg he hasn't spoken to CW, but says he's sure he'll bump into him, as 'it's Chris's city').

The article tries to pull that there's a sense of confidence and belief about the place because of the appointment that wouldn't have been present if we'd hired Blessin instead, and how we'll avoid doing a Huddersfield.

While there's obvious excitement at the start of the season, and hopefully we should be one of the better teams, I think there's some nervousness as well. It's our first new manager since 2016. There's a little whiff of Adkins, in that SJ looks a good appointment on paper, and has previous promotions on the CV. There's more rumours about outgoings than incomings, and probably our best player may not kick a ball in anger professionally again.

Add in the unknown mental state of the players. If we go 1-0 down against Brum is it game over (as was the case every PL game when we conceded first)?

Overall, I look forward to August, and the first pre seasons before then, and heaven knows we're all desperate to get to a full Bramall Lane again. But I wouldn't say I'm brimming with optimism as things stand.

Difference this time if we go one down is our support and backing will be back !

Fingers crossed for a strong start to the season.

Somebody's telling porkies....

Screenshot_20210705_121322.jpg

Screenshot_20210705_121436.jpg

Unless Biggsy is talking about a conversation that took place when we played Fulham.

Without starting a new thread, I wonder if he plans on changing the playing staff all that much? The ones who came down certainly are more capable than what they showed at times and a lot of that must have been the lack of self belief after so many defeats.

A clean slate can change all that.

I agree with his initial comment that it's evolution not revolution. WBA lost a fair few loanees and will need decent player churn. Fulham also will need to welcome back loanees and ask them to go again after being jettisoned in favour of temporary recruits.

United have the numbers, so to me it's a combination of one out, one in plus minor tweaks.

He's got 4 senior keepers.

2 seniors for each full back role if not more.

He's got a lot of strikers. Far better array than got us up in the first place.

Central defence feels light but if you look at Basham, Egan, RND as a possible first choice this seems ok, and that is assuming he sticks with three. Even if Bryan leaves he's got Robinson then who had a strong end to the season and then you're looking at young lads and O'Connell as a bonus.

Midfield again feels light but you can still put 6 names down for 3 slots with Fleck, Osborn, Norwood, Freeman, Berge and Slater, for now before you come to your Brunts and N'Diayes though the latter probably regards himself as a forward and still hasn't signed.

At least he's not scrambling for players. He can be choosey.

Not a bad place to be. He's not building from scratch like our neighbours.

Reason to be optimistic.

Last edited:
I'm in agreement with most of your post and this is a bit facetious but we conceded first in the home games against Fulham (1-1) and West Brom (2-1) last season and in the 19/20 season we came from behind to beat Bournemouth at home, draw away at Bournemouth, Chelsea (from 2-0 down), West Ham, Spurs, Arsenal and Burnley; and at home against Watford.

I'm in agreement with most of your post and this is a bit facetious but we conceded first in the home games against Fulham (1-1) and West Brom (2-1) last season and in the 19/20 season we came from behind to beat Bournemouth at home, draw away at Bournemouth, Chelsea (from 2-0 down), West Ham, Spurs, Arsenal and Burnley; and at home against Watford.

Sorry, I was meaning the second season. Forgot about the Fulham and Baggies games.

First season obviously chalk and cheese (although interesting we did it 5 times away from home and only once at home. I guess the Man Utd game we came back from a losing position despite not scoring first).

I've got a couple of Photo's One is of the 1895/96 team and the other is of the FA cup winners 1925 and the only suited chap with the players on both is a guy named George Waller, who was the trainer...
Apparently in the early days the team captain and the trainer decided the tactics and it was he and Ernest Needham who brought about The Golden years .
2nd in the first Div. 1897
,Champions 1898,and beat Celtic to become Champions of Britain .
Won FA cup 1899 and 1902 ..

Back
Top Bottom