McBurnie Drink Driving bust

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

ha ha ha this is the biggest load of bollocks i've read today, and there's shitloads on this thread alone.

You havent got a clue how the staff at United go about identifying, analysing and deciding upon the players they sign, let alone the amount of time that goes into it, not a clue. I tried not to bite to a previous post you said about the scouting but you got me to, so fair play. But you're talking shite

Ahhhh so you're an insider then? Should have known given your sensitivity to criticism of away ticket giveaways....

While you're here then, why not shed some light on how far we cast the net before deciding to spend £20m on McBurnie?

It would have to be insured driver DNA specific, otherwise a passenger or anyone else could be used to get round it.

Correct, but then obviously if you get pulled over and fail the copper's breathalyser, then they could give out harsher penalties for failing when driving a car with a breathalyser immobiliser.

While you're here then, why not shed some light on how far we cast the net before deciding to spend £20m on McBurnie?

The burden of proof isn't on him to shed light on anything.

You're asserting that we don't look beyond these shores as you've tediously claimed before, so you tell us how you know so much about our 'limited' scouting and recruitment network.

And please let it be something better than 'Well, we haven't signed anyone from abroad'.

Some people have been far too quick to write him off as a footballer. My view is he still has the ability to come good for us—we better fucking hope he does because any idea of us replacing him in January is fantasy.

But he needs to sort himself out and stop scoring these own goals. He needs to tell his mates in Swansea that he plays for us now and can’t be following them around. He needs to tell his mates in Leeds that he’s an elite athlete and can’t be acting a dickhead on nights out.

The easy thing to do is to squander his chance at the top level, stick to a small time mentality with the same group of mates, and drop back down a level where he knows he can perform. The harder thing to do is grow up a bit and meet the challenge.

I couldn’t care less whether he was slightly over or 100 x over. It’s equally bad. I know not everyone will agree with that. But I’ll tell you why I say that:

If you’re going to get behind the wheel of a machine that is capable of erasing life then you need to be bloody well certain that you are not in the slightest bit under the influence of alcohol.

It’s not a case of “oh unlucky - just slightly over” - It’s about endangering life due to disregard for the law.

This is a bloke in a situation where he’d had a drink. We don’t know how much. I think that’s irrelevant. He should have made other plans in terms of transport. Simple as. No excuses. He can bloody well afford it

Then I turn to the football side of things and think...He’s been poor so far and the main impression he’s made is that he’s a moaning gobshite, unintelligent, fashion-conscious, narcissistic, idiot.

I therefore predict that he’ll come good eventually and become a “legend”.

But in the meantime I think he’s the biggest waste of money and space we’ve signed since Chris Guthrie.

OTT?

Not as OTT as McBurnie’s breathalyser reading obviously!:rolleyes:

Just because you're over the limit legally doesn't mean you're under the influence of alcohol. Each person is different in how they handle alcohol and how much it will take for it to have an effect. Someone could have 5 pints and be completely fine to get behind the wheel whereas another person might not even be able to handle 1/2 pint.

The limit has been dropped over time. Won't be long until any alcohol is deemed of banning you from driving. Yet other infringements go unpunished.

Just another way to get the boxes ticked for the police.

You’re saying that if Sharp got done for drink driving there wouldn’t be a thread on here about it?

There would have been a thread of course.

But there would have been more empathetic tones to it. Still critical, but more empathetic.

The football contribution/popularity of the player does impact the reaction to something on here.

Just because you're over the limit legally doesn't mean you're under the influence of alcohol. Each person is different in how they handle alcohol and how much it will take for it to have an effect. Someone could have 5 pints and be completely fine to get behind the wheel whereas another person might not even be able to handle 1/2 pint.

The limit has been dropped over time. Won't be long until any alcohol is deemed of banning you from driving. Yet other infringements go unpunished.

Just another way to get the boxes ticked for the police.
Jesus Christ.

What chances has he had to finish then?

As far as I can see he's had 3 chances, all of which have ended up in the back of the net.
I keep seeing this and cant help thinking that all good centre forwards should be able to create their own chances. It's not all about serving them up on a platter for him. No one wants to see him fail surely, but he's looked limited so far in all aspects of his game. I keep seeing that he wins some great defensive headers. That's not enough and this ridiculous incident isn't going to help his cause.

So, I see this as being pretty much the hot topic of the day today so let's get some perspective and some facts.
Could probably belong in general chat but I feel it's relative to United with today's news.

Everyone's whiter than white when it comes to drink driving it seems, right?
You've never got in a car after a session and drove home (cunts trick admittedly) so you've never been over the limit, right? Wrong.
Look at this chart and tell me if you follow that the morning, or in some cases the afternoon after you've had a drink?

View attachment 62926

If you've had a few in the house on a random Tuesday night and drove the morning after to work, you've probably been over the limit.
If you've had a skinful with the lads after the footy on a saturday then took the kids to Sunday league the day after, you've probably been over the limit.
If you've been out on Christmas Eve and drove to your parents Christmas Day morning you've probably been over the limit.
You catch my drift...

I'm not sticking up for McBurnie here, I've made my feelings clear on that thread already. Just reigning a few of you in.

After that, can you honestly say you've never driven a car over the drink driving limit? As much as I'd like to, I can't.

But this is all completely irrelevant because McBurnie didn't get caught out the morning after. He was stopped in the early hours, by the sound of it probably driving home from wherever he'd been drinking. The stupid cunt.

I keep seeing this and cant help thinking that all good centre forwards should be able to create their own chances.
Nonsense. Messi and Mbappe apart. All strikers thrive on service. Even Jesus, Aguero, Kane, Vardy et al have to have chances created for them, that's without thinking.

But this is all completely irrelevant because McBurnie didn't get caught out the morning after. He was stopped in the early hours, by the sound of it probably driving home from wherever he'd been drinking. The stupid cunt.
How is it? That's not what I'm saying at all?

But at 23yo, Vardy was playing for Stocksbridge earning a major transfer to Halifax.

I think the point is that at 23 and doing not much, you can still turn it around to become a top level striker. The difference here is that McBurnie is playing in the PL 4years earlier than Vardy managed to. So why not?

Fair enough, but without his pace Vardy would probably not be in the Premier League, maybe not even a pro?

McBurnie does not have that pace, so he needs to work at his game, be in peak physical shape, live his life accordingly and be wholly dedicated to improvement. He should pinch himself every morning, to believe where he is.

I’m afraid, unless he sorts himself out and gets his priorities in order, I wouldn’t be surprised to see him doing a Vardy, but in reverse. 😵

How is it? That's not what I'm saying at all?

You're going on about how we've all driven over the limit the next day as if it means we've all done what McBurnies done. Like how apparently we've all had a go on a drunk lass after the Ched saga so we're all rapists.

What McBurnie did has literally no relevance to what you posted, He got caught drink driving in the early hours when he could afford to get a helicopter home never mind a taxi.

Nonsense. Messi and Mbappe apart. All strikers thrive on service. Even Jesus, Aguero, Kane, Vardy et al have to have chances created for them, that's without thinking.
Nonsense? So it's too much to expect a centre forward to be able to create chances for themselves? For 20 million? Really?

The burden of proof isn't on him to shed light on anything.

You're asserting that we don't look beyond these shores as you've tediously claimed before, so you tell us how you know so much about our 'limited' scouting and recruitment network.

And please let it be something better than 'Well, we haven't signed anyone from abroad'.

The 'prove it' response is generally the number 1 way to shut down discussion on a forum.

But when someone pops up suggesting they have inside knowledge then it's not quite as empty a response.

I'd say not signing anyone from abroad is a very strong indicator. Especially when the alternative is £20m on someone like McBurnie.

You're going on about how we've all driven over the limit the next day as if it means we've all done what McBurnies done. Like how apparently we've all had a go on a drunk lass after the Ched saga so we're all rapists.

What McBurnie did has literally no relevance to what you posted, He got caught drink driving in the early hours when he could afford to get a helicopter home never mind a taxi.
Again that isn't what I said, what I've done is make people look at themselves and how they may have broken the law before hammering drink drivers for doing the same. Do you have trouble reading?

Nonsense? So it's too much to expect a centre forward to be able to create chances for themselves? For 20 million? Really?
Name me some strikers that create their own chances, when totally isolated for most of the game.
Infact, scrap that, name me strikers that create their own chances, isolated or not. £20mil, £5mil, £50mil - choice is yours.

One way is ~238,855 miles. Average taxi price £1.60 per mile = £382,168, or £764,336 round trip.

A taxi to the moon and back is ridiculously/sickeningly affordable for him :oops:
Not quite sure we can use City's meter for space travel...

[
The 'prove it' response is generally the number 1 way to shut down discussion on a forum.

But when someone pops up suggesting they have inside knowledge then it's not quite as empty a response.

I'd say not signing anyone from abroad is a very strong indicator. Especially when the alternative is £20m on someone like McBurnie.

Absolute nonsense. Despite the only people being privy to the knowledge of who we're looking at being Chris and his team, you're adamant that we're only looking in the UK and Ireland purely based on the fact that we haven't signed anyone from elsewhere (barring the Dutch 'keeper). It's extremely flimsy.

Verrips is a point as well. Whilst he might only be a bit-part player, does his signing not suggest that we're doing exactly what you believe we aren't? Did we blindly take a punt, or did we have staff doing their homework on the lad?

I don't understand how the other poster pointing out that you don't have a clue about this suggests that they do, or that they have some insider knowledge of how we target players. The truth is that none of us do, barring maybe our seasonal friend Mr. Cadette.

Wow. Throw him under the bus guys.

Did anybody read the article? It says caught on "Friday morning" - before we just write him off, maybe this was after he'd been to bed, slept it off etc and was still a tad over like we all are and have done.

If this is the early hours and he's driving home from the bars then yeah, what a cock
Agree that there is a difference between sinking 10 pints and getting straight behind the wheel, and getting caught a tad over the morning after the night before.

That said over the limit is over the limit.

Perhaps you might think differently if he had injured (or worse) somebody.

I do not give a toss if he is on 40k a week or 40 quid...this is out of order.

Absolute nonsense. Despite the only people being privy to the knowledge of who we're looking at being Chris and his team, you're adamant that we're only looking in the UK and Ireland purely based on the fact that we haven't signed anyone from elsewhere (barring the Dutch 'keeper). It's extremely flimsy.

Verrips is a point as well. Whilst he might only be a bit-part player, does his signing not suggest that we're doing exactly what you believe we aren't? Did we blindly take a punt, or did we have staff doing their homework on the lad?

I don't understand how the other poster pointing out that you don't have a clue about this suggests that they do, or that they have some insider knowledge of how we target players. The truth is that none of us do, barring maybe our seasonal friend Mr. Cadette.
We were looking at a couple of strikers in Holland and Belgium but nothing ever got particularly close, and we never bid for Sander Berge as was reported - we merely scouted him and his agent got wind of it and decided to issue a 'come and get me' plea using us as a measuring stick of the size of club he would apparently not be interested in.

Back
Top Bottom