What's happened with Ampadu

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Just tried to look it looks like he's set for going out on loan again from Chelsea, well that was the story last month.

wouldn't be the worst loan signing at this level. Covers the back and defensive midfield.

Can play LCB, CB, RCB and DCM

It looks like we're not going to be very active in the transfer market so a player like this makes sense.

I'd guess he'll be back out on loan at a premier league team. There's still loads of business to be done yet, they start later too.

wouldn't be the worst loan signing at this level. Covers the back and defensive midfield.

Can play LCB, CB, RCB and DCM

It looks like we're not going to be very active in the transfer market so a player like this makes sense.
But he never really stood out in any of those positions.
For me he's not big enough or strong enough to play at the back in the Championship.

He’ll get a cushty foreign loan to somewhere like vitesse to boost his reputation and value after last years car crash.
Exactly why we should tie up a deal while his value is diminished. Those comments about his size and strength, he’s only 20. He could be perfect for Slav and how he likes his centre backs but he’s some developing to do but at his age he’s got ages to do it.

I don’t think last year helped him at all…. Looked lost as we shunted him around in 3/4 positions.

Had a couple of solid games, couple of car crash performances. That said he didn’t scream PL ready at any stages - so I think a year at a solid championship side to bed down a position would be the best thing for him.

don’t think he’s worth the loan fee / wages he’d be on, but I wouldn’t hate him coming back to be honest

But he never really stood out in any of those positions.
For me he's not big enough or strong enough to play at the back in the Championship.

Hes definitely not big / strong enough or defensively savvy to play any of the CB positions
Would rather have Baldock at RCB if needs be than Ampadu

Exactly why we should tie up a deal while his value is diminished. Those comments about his size and strength, he’s only 20. He could be perfect for Slav and how he likes his centre backs but he’s some developing to do but at his age he’s got ages to do it.
I wouldn’t mind him but I just don’t see us being interested Chelsea would still ask a pretty high fee for him and I’m not sure he’ll have had a particularly positive experience whilst here so his interest in coming might not be as high as it could be.

I don't think he's going to end up being anything great, doesn't look a prem player to me. As others have said, not strong enough for CB and not athletic enough or good enough on the ball for midfield in the prem. destined to end up at Burnley.

He was OK at times, but not stand out. Mind you not many were for us!
Could still have a bright future but not thinking we should sign him.

Ronaldo Viera sounds interesting but his injury record is a question mark.

I don't think he's going to end up being anything great, doesn't look a prem player to me. As others have said, not strong enough for CB and not athletic enough or good enough on the ball for midfield in the prem. destined to end up at Burnley.
Premier League Burnley?

Not our problem but utility players really need to try and shake off that tag it's far from helpful for them

Wouldn't mind him back on loan but doubt he would drop a division and his loan fee wouldn't be worth the outlay.

No disrespect to the lad, but he's not what we need in this league, decent player but he was in the wrong team at the wrong time.
He has internationals and the Euros on his CV, can see him playing somewhere in the London catchment area, at what level .... who knows, who cares.

For what he cost, I wasn't overly impressed. Capable on the ball but lightweight and unwilling to put his foot in where it hurts.

Not quite sure where he'll end up - he's certainly not good enough for Chelsea or top-end Prem. Maybe a Southampton / Brighton type of club, or more likely in my view, abroad and in a league where he has more time on the ball.

For what he cost, I wasn't overly impressed. Capable on the ball but lightweight and unwilling to put his foot in where it hurts.

Not quite sure where he'll end up - he's certainly not good enough for Chelsea or top-end Prem. Maybe a Southampton / Brighton type of club, or more likely in my view, abroad and in a league where he has more time on the ball.
He was okay. Wasn't great, but wasn't that bad.. I can't lay all the blame when the squad were rife with injuries most of the season. Think a drop to the championship (maybe a team pushing promotion) would be a good idea for him. He's not quite ready for the premier League, and I can't see him ever playing for Chelsea if I'm brutally honest. Another team such as Southampton/Brighton will be another relegation battle which wouldn't help him imo.

Just thinking of an adequate comparison in terms of where he and the Chelsea fans think he is; Perhaps similar to when Cahill came on loan? Difference was GC bossed it and looked a quality CB in the making (which he was). Same as coady.
Ampadu for me was just too lightweight and a little raw. I hope he does make it but tbh he has to go some to get to that level. However, for whatever reasons the Chelsea fans really rate him. GLTTL.

Last edited:

I'd take him back on loan if it was on offer, but I think somewhere like Norwich seems a good shout.
They already have Gilmour from Chelsea, be interesting how he does there and if he is another Mount or one of those who'll be continually loaned out for the next 7 years.

Back
Top Bottom