Thank You Paul

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Hard to truly judge the step up considering the players at his disposal.

Thank you Hecky.
That’s fair, and I can’t see anyone really doing much better - I just think the manner of the defeats now is so unacceptable that it has to be time for him to go, before it gets really ugly.

Edit - it already has got very ugly 🤣

I think he should be thanking us....he got the job by default, inherited a team that was one of the strongest, if not the strongest in a poor Championship and fluked promotion....he will get a decent Championship job on the back of it when his true level is probably League1 at best, in fact, he is probably best placed as an Academy manager bringing young players through. I would still like to see him work with our U23's but can't see that happening.

Lets be honest here, Hecky, as much as I like him as a bloke, is a career failure, as is McCall as his No2. Hecky did the same at Barnsley, inherited a side that I could have got promoted, then jumped ship to Leeds where he bombed and was sacked after just 16 games. Then he was out of work for 8 months before rocking up at the sunday league level Scottish Prem where he lasted just 32 games before getting the tin-tak.

Why on earth we gave him a 5 year contract, (or whatever it was) thinking he would all of a sudden morph into a capable Manager is beyond me, apart from the obvious cheap option of course!

Whoever takes over will be an instant improvement, even if that person is Wilder, which I don't want at all.....

So it's a good luck Paul, but good riddance from me....

In hindsight, class these 20/20 glasses btw, Hecky did enough to get us up, we could have done it more flamboyantly, of course, but ultimately he understood the assignment and was a safe pair of hands given the circumstances so he has to be given credit for that.

I do think there were signs last year though that we were going to struggle in the Prem, particularly without the spending power of our rivals. He was set up to fail from the beginning and although we hung in there in the first few games, we’ve barely laid a glove on teams which is the reason the sack has called.

I think he should be thanking us....he got the job by default, inherited a team that was one of the strongest, if not the strongest in a poor Championship and fluked promotion....he will get a decent Championship job on the back of it when his true level is probably League1 at best, in fact, he is probably best placed as an Academy manager bringing young players through. I would still like to see him work with our U23's but can't see that happening.

Lets be honest here, Hecky, as much as I like him as a bloke, is a career failure, as is McCall as his No2. Hecky did the same at Barnsley, inherited a side that I could have got promoted, then jumped ship to Leeds where he bombed and was sacked after just 16 games. Then he was out of work for 8 months before rocking up at the sunday league level Scottish Prem where he lasted just 32 games before getting the tin-tak.

Why on earth we gave him a 5 year contract, (or whatever it was) thinking he would all of a sudden morph into a capable Manager is beyond me, apart from the obvious cheap option of course!

Whoever takes over will be an instant improvement, even if that person is Wilder, which I don't want at all.....

So it's a good luck Paul, but good riddance from me....
That’s brutal but absolutely spot on hes come out of it with a few quid

That’s brutal but absolutely spot on hes come out of it with a few quid

Got to take the emotion out of things. His stats look good, he's still got a 50% win percentage with us, despite the horror show this season but if he's being honest with himself he must have been thinking "how the fuck am I still fluking this gig" as he sat having his daily morning shit.....

That’s fair, and I can’t see anyone really doing much better - I just think the manner of the defeats now is so unacceptable that it has to be time for him to go, before it gets really ugly.

Edit - it already has got very ugly 🤣
It's the lacklustre performances, reluctance to make tactical and player changes,

He has been dealt a terrible hand. Maybe next season we have a budget because of it who knows but frankly he has to come in during lockdown relegation and did a good job all things considered yet nobody wanted him full time. Came in when the popular choice flopped and was done in by penalties.

2nd season for us up with all sorts of financial issues overhead and a injury crisis and world cup in the middle of it all!

This year I think we have had 5 absolutely awful games and it's got him sacked. The other 9 games not good enough to distract from that.

Good luck to him.

If Wilder is til the end of the season I don't mind that (although I wd have Warnick over him)

We can them spend the rest of the season to scour the market for our next manager. If Wilder keeps us up or engineers a significant turnaround then his name would be in the hat too.

On past evidence of our clueless owner it will be a 5 year deal!

Think Wilder is a mistake - Unless his time away from the club has given him some much need perspective and he can now see the wood for the trees..... However, that first season in the PL, we had the league by the scruff of the neck. If he can harness, even half of that fight, we'll at least go down fighting.

Biggest issue for me and this goes for whoever comes in (or if PH stays), we need an identity. A style of play that can be effective in both boxes. Don't expect us to stay up but 100% need to see a plan. Something to build upon and around.

I've no idea why we gave him a 5-year deal. Unless there's something within his contract that gives us the right to get rid of him at anytime for a nominal amount then we'll have to pay him 3 years to get rid of him. I'm sure he'd have accepted a 3 year deal. Its hardly like he was a sought-after manager that we needed to tie down.

I'd thank him for getting us promoted and saving us from financial oblivion, but I won't thank him for match days and the turd fests that he served up week in, week out. At least we might start seeing less injuries as the fitness coach who followed him around throughout his career might go too. And he can take Mark Hudson with him as well.

Even last season he had no plan B, we played a handful of games last season where we looked good for 90 minutes, he had one approach to games and one only and his substitutions were often mistimed, baffling and ineffective. I'll never forgive him for the embarassment he has caused this club. Like Blackwell, he is the manager who put me off going to watch matches, watching them on television, or even listening to them on the radio. Win, lose or draw the football was sub standard and not enjoyable and I no longer looked forward to match days.

A half thanks and good riddance.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom