What's happened with Ampadu

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

... he chopped off his dreads.
Lost his abilities.
Got relegated with us.
Ballsed up in the Euros's.
And is now back in the Chelsea reserves.

But he never really stood out in any of those positions.
For me he's not big enough or strong enough to play at the back in the Championship.

I'd be more concerned about defending against forwards with pace than the occasional brick shithouse that you rarely see these days despite some people thinking every team in the land starts with two of them up top

I'd be more concerned about defending against forwards with pace than the occasional brick shithouse that you rarely see these days despite some people thinking every team in the land starts with two of them up top
Not necessarily the forwards that concern me - it's the brick shithouse CBs scoring from set-pieces. At times last season we looked like conceding from every corner - Ampadu was partly responsible for that.

I thought he looked a decent enough player, but we didn't seem to know what we should really do with him. A bit like Osborn in that respect.

This is how mental Chelsea’s squad is..

On wiki they have a section of players entitled other players under contract
And this is the list

View attachment 118307

They have their very own purgatory

Yep that’s the “we’ll keep loaning you whilst ever we can get decent loan fees for you then release you or sell you in your late 20’s when can’t” list. Only sarr has a chance of becoming a Chelsea player out of those imo.

I don't think he quite knows what he is yet. Needs a club to give him a starting role in a set position and let him play through his errors.

I don't think that's United.

A player can look crap in one situation (although he was never as bad for us as some made out) but do really well in a different situation.
When he was with us he was a very young player in an absolutely shit & demoralised team. Unfortunately, we have some morons amongst our fans.

When he was with us he was a very young player in an absolutely shit & demoralised team. Unfortunately, we have some morons amongst our fans.
Square pegs in round holes and all that. Both him and Rammers had a spell of 3 and 2 relegations on the trot. Then one gets Arsenal to 2nd in the Premier League and the other gets Leeds no doubt promoted to the Prem. It's all about the team they're in and the proper application of recruitment. A lot of the signings that most have judged to fail for us this season will go on to be pivotal for other teams down the line.

Exactly why we should tie up a deal while his value is diminished. Those comments about his size and strength, he’s only 20. He could be perfect for Slav and how he likes his centre backs but he’s some developing to do but at his age he’s got ages to do it.
Posted without further comment.

A player can look crap in one situation (although he was never as bad for us as some made out) but do really well in a different situation.

A lot seemed to overlook the fact that he was really very young when he played for us, he's still only 23 now. And nobody would have come into that team and looked any good.

Most of the complaints about Ampadu centred on a lack of desire rather than a lack of ability. He was a loanee who was never going to turn the tide in that dreadful 20/21 season.

For Ampadu then, see Souza now, noting that the latter's lack of effort is less acceptable as he's our player.

Most of the complaints about Ampadu centred on a lack of desire rather than a lack of ability. He was a loanee who was never going to turn the tide in that dreadful 20/21 season.

For Ampadu then, see Souza now, noting that the latter's lack of effort is less acceptable as he's our player.
I'm not sure I buy the lack of effort stuff with Ampadu. It seems to me to be the easy explanation on which a lot of fans rely to explain disappointing performances--the other classic one is "he's not fit." I can see it with Souza to some extent but overall it's massively overused, for me.

EDITED to add: In any case, I also disagree with the notion that "most of the complaints centred on a lack of desire." Most people just said he's crap and left it at that.

He's been absolutely brilliant for Leeds this season, to be fair to him.
Been like watching a different player to the Ampadu that played for us.
Obviously it’s the club and not the player that’s the problem…
Let hope Souza one day makes Brazil’s squad so we can see what he’s really like.

No player can take any credit from our 2020/21 season.

He would have no doubt flourished if he'd come to us the year before, or the year after.

he wasnt bad for us but nowt special difference is hes now playing in the championship big big difference in quality to the premier league lets see how he goes on next season

Back
Top Bottom