What's happened with Ampadu

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

He was ok-ish at everything without being good at 1 or 2 specific things. Every now and then his passing looked good but then he'd give away simple possession.

Last edited:
Leeds captain and some fans didn’t rate him!

He was pretty poor for us, but a lot of players would look poor in that side and in that situation.

That works both ways though, it's easy to look good in a lower division for a team that's winning every week.

My opinion on him is only for us as I don't watch Leeds, so if he becomes a PL regular I'll hold my hands up.

Always seemed too lightweight and never had a settled position.

Division lower and winning most games, alot of players are going to look decent.

He’s also a lot older more experienced and improved his game…

Finally found his level and position then.

Didn't realise they were so many Leeds watchers on here either.
That’s also a point not to miss.

He’s doing great for Leeds…in the second tier.

Whilst encouraging, it doesn’t reverse that he wasn’t good enough in the top tier for us and he might not be for Leeds.

Ampadu was mediocre at best and wretched at worst for us. The number of goals conceding as a result of him not doing is job was far too high.

He was also a classic "jack of all trades, master of none" player. See also Johnny Ertl.

He's having a great year this year by all accounts, at a lower level. I'd say good luck to him but he plays for Leeds.

He is a poster boy for how stats do not tell the whole story. Someone (I think Whoscored) had a piece out after we were relegated talking about how good his numbers were. It was obvious they had never seen him actually play. I suspect data does not record someone chickening out of tackling Eze.

Ampadu was mediocre at best and wretched at worst for us. The number of goals conceding as a result of him not doing is job was far too high.

He was also a classic "jack of all trades, master of none" player. See also Johnny Ertl.

He's having a great year this year by all accounts, at a lower level. I'd say good luck to him but he plays for Leeds.

He is a poster boy for how stats do not tell the whole story. Someone (I think Whoscored) had a piece out after we were relegated talking about how good his numbers were. It was obvious they had never seen him actually play. I suspect data does not record someone chickening out of tackling Eze.
He started off at Leeds playing in CDM and getting rave reviews. But he's now moved back to centre half. If they play him at centre half in the Prem next season, they will be straight back down and be on the end of scorelines similar to ours this season.

He's always looked a bomb scare and a walking red card when he's been in the top flight in any country.

The fact he's having a decent season is more to him playing in the championship for a team that dominate most games.

End of.

He was bobbins for us, but it's daft to write off the rest of his career as a player because of that, he was a young player and in a shambles of a team.

Indeed, which is why I find it bizarre that we see so many posts about the likes of Traore, Slimane etc, I guess some people are negative for the sake of being negative

Watching Wales tonight, instead of England.

Ampadu looks a very tidy player.
At 23 and already 50+ international caps. He’ll be some player I’m sure

He looked amazing. Watched him few times for Leeds.

Obviously half our fan base didn’t rate him.

Back
Top Bottom