Westfield 'catering'.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Ah, right. Now that I'm going, they want 2 referees. I've never worked before so what do I do? Can I give some names off ere? Just tell em I can spell properly when not using dialect and I'm on time when I'm up. 👍 Shall I walk in and greet them with 'hello' and a smile. Or an 'ay up' and dead stare?

Tell em Tarqs and Chabs off S24 have never met you, but think you'd be a great fit.

I mentioned this at half time during the match vs Millwall, but the standards have slipped even more.
I know plenty on here moan about 'us moaners' who can't get a pint during halt time, but the facilities are there for a reason, to sell refreshments pre match and at half time.

1) My mate was in ground before me, sat down.... told him to get a pint in as was on my way.... the stewards wouldn't let him back into the stand.... not sure why, or how they can enfornce this, but it meant he was stuck in his seat.
2) The idea of profit maximisation is lost on these cunts whoever it is. I got to the queue and there were 8 people in front of me, generally decent. By the time the players were coming out, was still in the queue and 3 people still in front of me. The service is fucking atrocious. I watched someone get 4 cans in... the girl behind the bar took about 5 mins to pour the cans, including waiting or the head to vanish so she could pour out the 15ml that was left in the can.

Why the fuck can't the fucktards just work out (it's very easy), how many they sell per match and fucking pre-pour these fuckers. It's a fucking joke.

I'm angry, outraged and very nearly threw my season ticket at them.
I took two non-Blades to the Blackburn game. When we were trying to get a half-time pint... my mate couldn't stop himself asking why they haven't pre-poured loads of cans into cups.

TBF I then offered to pour our own cans out and the (innocent) girl didn't mind. Overall a poor system.

I missed Norwood shooting from kick off, despite ditching 1/3 of my (shitty) beer, just so I didn't miss any of the action.

Ah, right. Now that I'm going, they want 2 referees. I've never worked before so what do I do? Can I give some names off ere? Just tell em I can spell properly when not using dialect and I'm on time when I'm up. 👍 Shall I walk in and greet them with 'hello' and a smile. Or an 'ay up' and dead stare?
Just sneeze into your hands then offer one out in front of you for a handshake

Doesn't mean they shouldn't try. I'm aware on the kop the room hampers any effort to do "more" by way of expansion, but that doesn't mean the menus have to be shit and food shit.

I like the idea of leasing it out a bit. One kiosk a week to a different vendor. As long as that vendor has plenty of prior warning, as do the club, obviously. I know there are more hurdles than that but the catering is an area where Sheff United lack way behind other clubs. Dare say, from my experience, they are bottom. Shit selection, shit quality, awful pricing for what it is. Not the clubs fault entirely, that's down to compass. But United have compass the contract....

The amount of little street food places in Sheffield is a good start. And I'm sure these places would love to walk into a huge crowd. It gets their name out for one, and they'd make money.

Look above, they've offered me an interview despite me admitting I've never had a job. I've handed in no CV either. That's the quality we're after - anyone who is willing. And that's why it's shit.

Anyway, my interview is next Friday.... Nothing whatsoever about ID. Nothing about what to wear, what to bring. Nothing. If that doesn't scream amateur, nothing does. They haven't even asked me my name or DOB. I'm 'Damien'. That's all they've got. They're interviewing someone called Damien. That's not even my name. Still might turn up. "Hello there what can I do for you?"
'I'm here for a face to face assessment'
"What's your name?"
'Damien'
"Damien What"?
'No not Damien What. Damien Smith'

See you on the kop next home game slavering into the crusty pies and flat ale

View attachment 142340

Yes, local street food vendors would jump at it I'm sure.

The problem is, the outlets local to the stadium that are busy enough on match days/nights might not see the need

And outside outlets coming in for the football crowds might not be welcome

Might start a turf war

I think the local bars, restaurants and cafes would be quite happy to leave football catering as shit as it is

Yes, local street food vendors would jump at it I'm sure.

The problem is, the outlets local to the stadium that are busy enough on match days/nights might not see the need

And outside outlets coming in for the football crowds might not be welcome

Might start a turf war

I think the local bars, restaurants and cafes would be quite happy to leave football catering as shit as it is
Offer the option. What would it hurt? Obviously Man Frydays don't need it. Half of London Road don't necessarily need it. But tell ya what, potato oven could shift an extra 100 spuds at £4 a pop. I'd have a jacket potato at a game, big pot of chilli on the go, cheese, beans - simple. And a far better option than pie or sausage roll.

Four pounds and fifty pence for ONE sausage roll. Disgraceful.

Not only are the options plain, boring and same old, they're just shit. There's so much room for creativity.

As for turf war... Can't really see that. It's 3 hours on a saturday on an openly advertised pitch. I can't see the greedy Greek van getting torched because they sold some Gyros on a saturday afternoon.

Forgot to mention my experience of the half-time voucher 'system' on Tuesday 😁

Before the match I bought a voucher for two half-time pints. The voucher was a small piece of paper which had been ripped in half, with the words '2 x Amstel' written on it. Bit flimsy and easy to lose, but I'm a careful chap so I knew I'd be fine.

Went down for me drinks and went to the voucher window where I saw that a few drinks had been poured, but not that many. The bloke in front got his three, but they were freshly poured and not given to him from the ready-poured collection on the counter. Staff member looks a bit confused...

My turn. Two Amstel, please. I passed the voucher over. "Why haven't I been passed these vouchers?!" the bloke says to his colleague. "I've no idea mate, I was writing them all down...that kid there was meant to pass them to you". It became apparent that my order was scribbled on the other half of the torn paper, as was everyone's, but that my order had been lost along with a bunch of other people's and what was poured was simply the few orders which had actually been passed to him. Luckily it was relatively quiet when I went down so they poured me two fresh and I was on my way.

But that's it. That's the system. Bookie pens and scraps of paper which go missing 😂

The mind boggles. If they're going to do that, at least get some of those receipt spikes which restaurants use so they're all in one place!

Reactions: Dkc
Starving when I got in the ground Tuesday. Had to have a tray of chips. £3.80 for a few overcooked fries. Oh and Neck oil now £5.50.

Starving when I got in the ground Tuesday. Had to have a tray of chips. £3.80 for a few overcooked fries. Oh and Neck oil now £5.50.
The Neck Oil prices were never going to stay lower than pubs and bars. It's £5 to £6 in most bars I've had it in so I'd have expected the in ground price to be more like £6.50. I had an Amstel bought me in the ground a few weeks ago and it's terrible, not sure how much extra Neck Oil is but it's worth it.

Amazing how many people are desperate to be served alcohol and food they freely accept is shite.

Then there are those with no catering experience whatsoever believing they not only have the answer but effectively promise better financial results. Because of the wastage issues that independents could face there are two obvious issues. One is pricing “ow much” and the likelihood of early sell outs “this is a joke, ten to three and nowt left” as the proprietor would probably baulk at the thought of being left with unusable pulled pork or whatever. (Which from memory clearly isn’t an issue for Compass with pies)

The Neck Oil prices were never going to stay lower than pubs and bars. It's £5 to £6 in most bars I've had it in so I'd have expected the in ground price to be more like £6.50. I had an Amstel bought me in the ground a few weeks ago and it's terrible, not sure how much extra Neck Oil is but it's worth it.
Neck Oil is Ok but I prefer the Shipyard IPA that 'Spoons sells and that's only £2.69. Shall just not bother with a pint in the ground now.

Neck Oil is Ok but I prefer the Shipyard IPA that 'Spoons sells and that's only £2.69. Shall just not bother with a pint in the ground now.
Since the Earl of Arundel closed and everywhere else near where I park seems to be rammed before the match I’m happy to not queue in the ground.

Problem to me is simply the lack of concession stands. Queues are enormous.
Who wants to stand in line for 20+ minutes?

Maybe the problem is the antiquated stadium design.

New stadiums seem to have it figured out.

Captured markets means high price markups and big profits.

Since the Earl of Arundel closed and everywhere else near where I park seems to be rammed before the match I’m happy to not queue in the ground.
I get that. I won't go in places like the Cricketers and Beer Engine where its 5 deep at the bar.
Roebuck always looks busy but I have found it quick to get served. The warehouse type place on Shoreham St used to be OK for getting served when the back extension was open, sofas to sit on too, not so now.

I get that. I won't go in places like the Cricketers and Beer Engine where its 5 deep at the bar.
Roebuck always looks busy but I have found it quick to get served. The warehouse type place on Shoreham St used to be OK for getting served when the back extension was open, sofas to sit on too, not so now.
I’ve tried the Shakespeare and Sheaf View and they are horrendous for service. There’s another one near the antiques shop on Queens Rd that is normally fairly quiet.

Got my interview tomorrow at Lane. I haven't filled in any of the online portal shit they sent me so I'm not sure where that leaves me to be honest. No CV. No references. No experience.

Nailed on I've got it.

😁😁 Can I have a sub on my wages?

Me and my tribe started drinking up on West Street and Division Street and getting a taxi down as close as possible. No queueing whatsoever up there. Most of the pubs around the Lane are shocking in truth. Says summat when the Wetherspoon is probably the best bet

I think the bramall lane corner (Westfield) is the only stand at the lane where you cannot get a draft beer only cans 😫
It’s slow and you don’t even get a pint for £4-80 500ml🥺

I think the bramall lane corner (Westfield) is the only stand at the lane where you cannot get a draft beer only cans 😫
It’s slow and you don’t even get a pint for £4-80 500ml🥺
If you think getting a can is slow, you wanna see em pour a pint. Why can't they just give you the can to pour yourself? That alone would cut queue times by probably 70%.

Are they stupid on purpose? It's as if they don't want to sell more ale.

And don't give me the whole "someone could take it into the stand" rubbish. It's just as easy to take a pint pot up. And that's on the stewards anyway.

Wish I'd have gone to this interview now. Not just to lay out a few home truths to the useless mob.

I'm at Wentworth festival.
They've got Thornbridge brewery doing the tent, same as last few years.
They dish out hundreds of pints and fast.
Staff taking orders and money, staff behind them pouring pints and leaving a stock of them ready for whatever is ordered.
Decent beer, quick service.
Not hard and a willing supplier for '1 off' events.
Gerrum in.

I've stopped buying food and ale now from the concourse at the lane. I don't blame the kids that serve it either. The service is slow and terrible. It's clear the kids haven't had proper training and I feel sorry for them.

The food and beer is crap and over priced. The other week it took 3 pints from different bars to get a pint that didn't taste of pipe cleaner.

Had a sausage roll the week which was rank. The last visit was a serving of piss poor chips peas and gravy.

I'm done. Eat and drink before the match now and probably after as well ;)

I'm at Wentworth festival.
They've got Thornbridge brewery doing the tent, same as last few years.
They dish out hundreds of pints and fast.
Staff taking orders and money, staff behind them pouring pints and leaving a stock of them ready for whatever is ordered.
Decent beer, quick service.
Not hard and a willing supplier for '1 off' events.
Gerrum in.
It's not hard for anyone. At all. "Why are peoe standing in this queue for beer? Beer maybe? Quick, get pouring some beer!"

Compare this to the bimptons at the Lane. "Why are all these people queuing in the beer aisle? This is a mystery. But maybe we could just keep pouring beer as that might be why they're here?"

Or just fuckin pour em one at a time when asked because you're a dopey cunt with no forward planning about your person. Imagine had I got the job down there? I wouldn't last until kick off.

Not a problem getting served immediately close to the ground if go outside your comfort zone. There are quite a few new places that sell beer in or close to the Chinatown Development. Last time I went London Rd had Barry's, the Turkish club, the Polish club and Stak(?) Lounge.

I'm going on the BLUT on Saturday for the first time in many years. A few questions:

1) To get a pint at half time and have time to drink it, when would you need to start queuing?

2) Do they have TV screens at the bar so you can watch the game if you're waiting / supping while the game is on?

3) What beer do they have?

I'm going on the BLUT on Saturday for the first time in many years. A few questions:

1) To get a pint at half time and have time to drink it, when would you need to start queuing?

2) Do they have TV screens at the bar so you can watch the game if you're waiting / supping while the game is on?

Don't know. We are in the Westfield. We have a couple of guys in front of us who take their seats 5-10 mins after kick off, leave at about the 30 minute mark and arrive back about 10 mins into second half if that helps. (They also leave about 10 minutes before end of game as well).

Don't know. We are in the Westfield. We have a couple of guys in front of us who take their seats 5-10 mins after kick off, leave at about the 30 minute mark and arrive back about 10 mins into second half if that helps. (They also leave about 10 minutes before end of game as well).
If they actually get a pint that is still better than being on the kop

Thing with catering in general in the ground is that the club have to farm it out to catering companies.
Different for within exec suites etc as they are used outside of match days but generally we require catering about 23 times a year.

If we wanted to spend more money on it you could probably get better caterers. The club could also help itself by having more facilities on offer too.

In terms of beer, I'm always surprised that no local breweries are involved particularly.
You could have seperate drinks queues or stands within the ground whereby local breweries turn up for a small fee and they charge what they see fit.
If they use kegs no concern about having to let them settle as such and could just have a few different beers (Lager & Pale ale etc).

If the kitchen facilities were better within the stands you could also open this up to pop up catering too within the ground just like you get at festivals or outdoor events and the like.

Get a few pints in the pub before, and some after.
Forget it inside.

I never did turn up for thtlat interview but they emailed me, again, asking me to attend, again.

The email did say "let us know if you won't be coming". So I did.

'I will not be attending any interviews. But please will you train your staff up better as the service at Bramall Lane is nothing short of embarrassing "

' Sorry you feel this way. Molly'

Nothing about the feedback. Shows how much they give a shit.

Back
Top Bottom