Westfield 'catering'.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

The only one of those I indulge is San Miguel, which I think is the best choice of a bad lot usually available.
My choice of lubrication at the 'Lane is Neck Oil.

Stancill do some good lagers. If you ever find yourself down London Road of a matchday, I highly recommend the 'Sheffield Pilsner' that they have in The Albion if you haven't tried it already.

My personal choice is the cider. I can drink cider that isn't 2°c unlike lager that has to be. I can drink flat cider as well.

Besides the point though.

Stancill do some good lagers. If you ever find yourself down London Road of a matchday, I highly recommend the 'Sheffield Pilsner' that they have in The Albion if you haven't tried it already.
Thanks. I'll bear that in mind. Bit too lively for us on London rd. One 18 year old and two under 18s to contend with. They don't take turns at the bar!
I do like 'Spoon's Shipyard IPA, obviously means crap 'Spoon's atmosphete though.
Like the Brew House (is it?) On Shoreham st but the back room was closed last time we callled and main bar was rammed.

Thanks. I'll bear that in mind. Bit too lively for us on London rd. One 18 year old and two under 18s to contend with. They don't take turns at the bar!
I do like 'Spoon's Shipyard IPA, obviously means crap 'Spoon's atmosphete though.
Like the Brew House (is it?) On Shoreham st but the back room was closed last time we callled and main bar was rammed.

Yeah I don't do London Road pre-match for that reason. I'm more of a post-match drinker anyway, when it becomes a bit more civilised. Loads of open space round the back of the Albion, and everyone's pretty chilled.

Sheff Pils is great if you can find. Veltins and Camden Hells probably only other 2 lagers i'd choose.

Yes, Veltins is a very good shout, bloody hard to come by though from my experience. Do you know where to get it?

Is there a worse beer than normal Heineken? Only "maybe" i can think of is Skol, which I haven't see for ages.
Carlsberg.... Tennants, Labbatts, Skol, XXXX and McEwans.

Imagine some salt & chili chips or pulled pork sandwich with bbq sauce, a slice of decent pizza or tandoori chicken wings..

My dad got a sausage roll on Saturday and had to take it back twice as the ones he was given were overcooked to oblivion. I'm not buying the excuse and "talk to compass" line the club tell customers. SUFC should be banging their door down asking why their customers are unhappy with the services they provide.

Why should us as customers talk to compass? They aren't going to fucking listen to me and thee.

Surely all the feedback the club are getting, it should be the club that's talking to compass. They gave them the contract, if there were any sort of SLA's put in, that should be getting brought up. And if there are any SLA's then they are laughable at best.

I get the argument that there are other options outside the ground. But then that's not income for the club.

Yes, Veltins is a very good shout, bloody hard to come by though from my experience. Do you know where to get it?
Archer Road Beer Stop might have it. They have a massive range of German beers. Also, Ranmoor Castle off license.

I’d like to see some German beer on at the game. It’s the best in the World.

Archer Road Beer Stop might have it. They have a massive range of German beers. Also, Ranmoor Castle off license.

I’d like to see some German beer on at the game. It’s the best in the World.

Hands down, it'd be so much better.

They seem to be increasingly rare in regular establishments these days somehow. Even fairly common ones such as Löwenbrau.

Hands down, it'd be so much better.

They seem to be increasingly rare in regular establishments these days somehow. Even fairly common ones such as Löwenbrau.
Dead Donkey on Abbeydale has Lowenbrau. Cremorne too!

But yeah, seems a bit less. ABK seems quite popular now. Popped up in a lot of bars this last year or so.

I agree with the comments on here regarding the catering. Just a couple of points that could be looked into, What about leasing the food outlets in the concourses too local food outlets, Beres at the back of the Kop or a kebabish on John Street.
Also does anyone on here have an idea of the spend per head inside the ground on matchdays, I'm going for about £1.50

Birmingham city do it

They get the best local street food companies to do pop ups. We are surrounded by absolutely quality independent food and beverage outlets, we could make an absolute killing if there was any foresight within the club.

I find the people arguing why would you want food and drink at a match a bit of an odd argument tbh. Why would you want food and drink at the cinema, or at meadowhall or anywhere for that matter?

It's not an odd argument really though.

Meadowhall offers hundreds of outlets to buy food and drink, in clean, pleasant surroundings.

Outlets like Meadowhall, restaurants, cafes, bars and cinemas are set up to cater for people and make them happy.

Football stadiums unfortunately aren't.

Outlets like Meadowhall, restaurants, cafes, bars and cinemas are set up to cater for people and make them happy.

Football stadiums unfortunately aren't.
Doesn't mean they shouldn't try. I'm aware on the kop the room hampers any effort to do "more" by way of expansion, but that doesn't mean the menus have to be shit and food shit.

I like the idea of leasing it out a bit. One kiosk a week to a different vendor. As long as that vendor has plenty of prior warning, as do the club, obviously. I know there are more hurdles than that but the catering is an area where Sheff United lack way behind other clubs. Dare say, from my experience, they are bottom. Shit selection, shit quality, awful pricing for what it is. Not the clubs fault entirely, that's down to compass. But United have compass the contract....

The amount of little street food places in Sheffield is a good start. And I'm sure these places would love to walk into a huge crowd. It gets their name out for one, and they'd make money.

Look above, they've offered me an interview despite me admitting I've never had a job. I've handed in no CV either. That's the quality we're after - anyone who is willing. And that's why it's shit.

Anyway, my interview is next Friday.... Nothing whatsoever about ID. Nothing about what to wear, what to bring. Nothing. If that doesn't scream amateur, nothing does. They haven't even asked me my name or DOB. I'm 'Damien'. That's all they've got. They're interviewing someone called Damien. That's not even my name. Still might turn up. "Hello there what can I do for you?"
'I'm here for a face to face assessment'
"What's your name?"
'Damien'
"Damien What"?
'No not Damien What. Damien Smith'

See you on the kop next home game slavering into the crusty pies and flat ale

Screenshot_20220825_161537.jpg

Last edited:
Ah, right. Now that I'm going, they want 2 referees. I've never worked before so what do I do? Can I give some names off ere? Just tell em I can spell properly when not using dialect and I'm on time when I'm up. 👍 Shall I walk in and greet them with 'hello' and a smile. Or an 'ay up' and dead stare?

Ah, right. Now that I'm going, they want 2 referees. I've never worked before so what do I do? Can I give some names off ere? Just tell em I can spell properly when not using dialect and I'm on time when I'm up. 👍 Shall I walk in and greet them with 'hello' and a smile. Or an 'ay up' and dead stare?
Michael Oliver and Anthony Taylor

Back
Top Bottom