Westfield 'catering'.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Get a few pints in the pub before, and some after.
Forget it inside.
Refuse to do that. The reason I'm going on the BLUT and not the kop is because people have been saying it's easier to get a half time pint. Now I've bought my ticket I'm being told it's just as bad as the kop.

The alternative is bringing a couple of cans in.

Refuse to do that. The reason I'm going on the BLUT and not the kop is because people have been saying it's easier to get a half time pint. Now I've bought my ticket I'm being told it's just as bad as the kop.

I think that's allowed, so long as it's less than 8 cans and lower than 6%.

Went to Wembley last night. They had a craft beer stall selling a session IPA and a Hazy IPA. Just under £7 a pint, which is OK for London and less than I expected. The stall had a bar, with a counter in front. Couple of staff behind the bar just pulling pints and putting them on the bar. You ask for what you want, the person behind the counters takes the payment, turns round, gets the pre-poured beer from the bar and gives it to you. Next please. Very simple, worked very well.

Went to Wembley last night. They had a craft beer stall selling a session IPA and a Hazy IPA. Just under £7 a pint, which is OK for London and less than I expected. The stall had a bar, with a counter in front. Couple of staff behind the bar just pulling pints and putting them on the bar. You ask for what you want, the person behind the counters takes the payment, turns round, gets the pre-poured beer from the bar and gives it to you. Next please. Very simple, worked very well.

Nearly £7 for a beer - glad I stopped drinking!

The answer is very simple my friend get in ground half hour before down 2 pints go down at half time as soon as you get served down again and get back up

All in favour myself
Against no one

UTB yes then get blindo afterwards oh yes

Comment concluded sincere thanks for reading this post.

No pints in BLUT, only 440ml cans. IIRC it's Fosters (or some other piss), John Smiths or Strongbow. About the same price as a pint in other parts of the ground £4.50 odd). Service is no quicker as they have to pour it out, so you'd probs need to go around the 35-38 min mark for a HT drink.

Bogs are quicker and easier to get to however.

Reactions: Dkc

Seen people getting stopped with tinnies ont way in recently, so I wouldn’t bank on this being a banker mate.

Never drink inside the ground. Just get some decent beer before the match and after. I actually go to the match to watch the football with no worry about how long the beer queue is, never mind the fact that they never have decent beer available anyway.

Never drink inside the ground. Just get some decent beer before the match and after. I actually go to the match to watch the football with no worry about how long the beer queue is, never mind the fact that they never have decent beer available anyway.
Some bits true watching the football but my friend please observe my point drinking in ground is a tradition even though it’s overpriced piss I still gladly drink 4 or so in there

Let's face it....its the law that makes an ass of the whole situation. Forcing closure of refreshment facilities during the game does no one any good. In the USA you can grab a beer in your seat.. No problems... And this from a country that has a mass shooting every day. Its draconian.. Its wrong.. Ho hum.

Let's face it....its the law that makes an ass of the whole situation. Forcing closure of refreshment facilities during the game does no one any good. In the USA you can grab a beer in your seat.. No problems... And this from a country that has a mass shooting every day. Its draconian.. Its wrong.. Ho hum.
I genuinely feel you have a solid point to be honest.

At a gig, you walk out and you grab a beer. Why does it have to be different in what is arguably a safer set up and environment.

Why encourage overcrowding in 15 minutes? Especially when there is no real queueing system and it’s pretty much dog eat dog?…. Thankfully there is usually a strong whiff of second hand weed smoke in the air at the back of the kop, otherwise some would go back feeling completely level 😂😂

In todays world pal they should have about 100 pints ready for half time they’d soon go id have 2 myself for one

In todays world pal they should have about 100 pints ready for half time they’d soon go id have 2 myself for one
That's an easy solution. The catering staff have no idea what solutions are. They just bumble along like the idiots they are. And there's no intention of training staff up either.

Went on the BLUT yesterday. Left my seat just before half time and got served at 15.56. So I had four minutes to sup my pint (or more accurately 440 ml can of Heineken in a paper cup).

Painfully slow. And when I got to the front and tried to hand them my fiver I was told it was a 'cash free bar'. Didn't want to use my card as I'd already taken the cash out to cover my stay in the UK but used it when faced with the prospect of being denied a pint. The young lads behind the bar must pour the can into a paper cup in front of you - you aren't allowed to take the can away.

It was a shambles but better than the kop. View was great. Crowd very quiet where I was though.

Went on the BLUT yesterday. Left my seat just before half time and got served at 15.56. So I had four minutes to sup my pint (or more accurately 440 ml can of Heineken in a paper cup).

Painfully slow. And when I got to the front and tried to hand them my fiver I was told it was a 'cash free bar'. Didn't want to use my card as I'd already taken the cash out to cover my stay in the UK but used it when faced with the prospect of being denied a pint. The young lads behind the bar must pour the can into a paper cup in front of you - you aren't allowed to take the can away.

It was a shambles but better than the kop. View was great. Crowd very quiet where I was though.
Not in the singing section then?

That's an easy solution. The catering staff have no idea what solutions are. They just bumble along like the idiots they are. And there's no intention of training staff up either.
Wow there’s a huge sweeping statement if ever there was one.
It’s the company that decided upon the pay for a beer pour a beer policy, it’s also them that train the staff, it’s also them that hire them, never the staff’s fault in these situations, stop using the crap service and guess what the crap service will go 🤷🏻‍♂️

It’s the company that decided upon the pay for a beer pour a beer policy, it’s also them that train the staff, it’s also them that hire them, never the staff’s fault in these situations, stop using the crap service and guess what the crap service will go 🤷🏻‍♂️
The thing is at the Lane there is zero chance that everyone will stop using the service - so they can take the piss

I went on BLUT yesterday too. As you say, superb view. I really should go up there more often.

As for the catering, I got in the ground early as I was with my nephew and we were just waiting around outside with nothing else to do. Got a beer and obviously got served immediately as there was no queue, I did find there method of pouring the can bizarre though. The lad literally just tipped the can upside down and plonked it in the cup.

So you're telling me that these beer pouring individuals follow their training to the letter and don't have any common sense themselves? You see a queue of people 100 deep in an aisle that is solely for beer and you're telling me they have to take payment first before pouring it when all those 100 people want an ale, as per the queue they're stood in? They always seem shocked when someone asks for an ale.

And if we're not gonna lay blame on the staff, let's slag off compass for being so shit they literally lose money every week by not telling their staff how to pour beer quicker. And by that, I mean before someone asks for it. It isn't hard at all.

I did find there method of pouring the can bizarre though. The lad literally just tipped the can upside down and plonked it in the cup.
Well, that's how they're trained to do it.

Beginning to regret not turning up for the interview now. "This is how we pour a beer"
'No it fuckin int'
"I beg ya pardon?"
'Tip the cup at least 45 degrees and let the ale pour down the cup edge. Have you never seen a pint poured? Retard.'
"You're hired"

HOW MUCH !!

Bleeding catering pour the beer into a paper cup and gave it to.I told the person can I have a flake in it all fucking frothThats the last time I will buy anything again.

Pie and peas please

How do you want them served ?

How do you think ?

Don’t know - some people want them separately

Ok - I’ll have them separately

In boxes ?

No - pie in box - peas on a red serviette

Look of confusion

Manager appears and puts young lad right

Long oblong box
Red serviette on bottom
Pie placed upside down on said serviette
Peas served on top of pie (still
In foil) and now soaking up whatever chemicals are in said serviette , which is turning to mush

Front of house customer service executive looks proud and fulfilled as he hands over his output whilst front of house finance executive checks if my order falls within plethora of meal deal combinations only to find it doesn’t so prices up accordingly and takes payment from my blockbuster card whilst front of house customer service executive points towards the condiment station when I asked for a fork / hendos

Lovely pie though - bit pappy I thought but a nice spin which could catch on

UTC

(Caterers)

Introduced by Thatcher's government, says it all really.

Pie and peas please

How do you want them served ?

How do you think ?

Don’t know - some people want them separately

Ok - I’ll have them separately

In boxes ?

No - pie in box - peas on a red serviette

Look of confusion

Manager appears and puts young lad right

Long oblong box
Red serviette on bottom
Pie placed upside down on said serviette
Peas served on top of pie (still
In foil) and now soaking up whatever chemicals are in said serviette , which is turning to mush

Front of house customer service executive looks proud and fulfilled as he hands over his output whilst front of house finance executive checks if my order falls within plethora of meal deal combinations only to find it doesn’t so prices up accordingly and takes payment from my blockbuster card whilst front of house customer service executive points towards the condiment station when I asked for a fork / hendos

Lovely pie though - bit pappy I thought but a nice spin which could catch on

UTC

(Caterers)

Actually, I like an upside down pie as I like to save the crust for last. Same with muffins, start at the bottom and save the top bit for last. giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom