Westfield 'catering'.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I mentioned this at half time during the match vs Millwall, but the standards have slipped even more.
I know plenty on here moan about 'us moaners' who can't get a pint during halt time, but the facilities are there for a reason, to sell refreshments pre match and at half time.

1) My mate was in ground before me, sat down.... told him to get a pint in as was on my way.... the stewards wouldn't let him back into the stand.... not sure why, or how they can enfornce this, but it meant he was stuck in his seat.
2) The idea of profit maximisation is lost on these cunts whoever it is. I got to the queue and there were 8 people in front of me, generally decent. By the time the players were coming out, was still in the queue and 3 people still in front of me. The service is fucking atrocious. I watched someone get 4 cans in... the girl behind the bar took about 5 mins to pour the cans, including waiting or the head to vanish so she could pour out the 15ml that was left in the can.

Why the fuck can't the fucktards just work out (it's very easy), how many they sell per match and fucking pre-pour these fuckers. It's a fucking joke.

I'm angry, outraged and very nearly threw my season ticket at them.
Mentioned this before

Wanted pie , chips , peas and gravy meal deal (I'm on a diet as i`d also usually have a bread cake as well) - got Pie in a small square box , chips in big oblong box and peas and gravy in a puddle in another small box - this is true .

I looked on in amazement as this treasure chest of delicacies was laid before me, before being charged £8 instead of the £6.50 meal deal. The young front of house executive and her colleagues couldn't see what the problem was so i put the pie in the little box into the oblong chip box and artistically decanted the peas and gravy from the other small box over the pie in the little box in the big box.

I paid £8 as i`m minted and that wasn't really the issue - for entertainment value it was a 10/10 as it was for on lookers at either side but not for the poor sods queuing behind me who saw what was going on and settled for a Kit Kat.

I’ve heard that utd paid the catering company up front for their contract, which probably explains the shocking service (and lack of changes).

Even though i generally agree that boycott is the way forward as protest, i don’t think it would change anything except lessen queues and provide further justification to the catering company
I doubt UTD paid them anything, normally they would have to tender for the business, highest bidder normally wins

New season, same shite then? They've had an entire off-season to sort this. Last season they had supply issues apparently (and I emailed them a few times about how shite the kop service was). Though what supply issues has to do with bar staff spending more time asking each other what the fuck they have to do has to do with anything I do not know. I know they're young kids after a few quid, but that's besides the point. If you employ someone, train them up. You're chucking kids in who have no experience whatsoever into the lions den basically. It's pathetic.

Compass don't give a fuck if they sell 1 pint or a 1000 pints. If they did, they'd improve it. Worst refreshments in the country At Bramall Lane. They SHOULD be embarrassed.
But they won’t be

I always enjoyed a beer in the ground with me dad, pre and/or during. Part of the Lane day out and catch-up for us. On the kop: practically impossible. Westfield: slightly more possible but impressively, even shitter beer.

Came to the conclusion beginning of last season to write it off. And have. Im convinced there is no desire by the club or caterers to make the service and product anything more than sub-par. I'm no concourse connoisseur, but I'd struggle to think of one worst than ours.

I've got over it despite the whingy post.

Mentioned this before

Wanted pie , chips , peas and gravy meal deal (I'm on a diet as i`d also usually have a bread cake as well) - got Pie in a small square box , chips in big oblong box and peas and gravy in a puddle in another small box - this is true .

I looked on in amazement as this treasure chest of delicacies was laid before me, before being charged £8 instead of the £6.50 meal deal. The young front of house executive and her colleagues couldn't see what the problem was so i put the pie in the little box into the oblong chip box and artistically decanted the peas and gravy from the other small box over the pie in the little box in the big box.

I paid £8 as i`m minted and that wasn't really the issue - for entertainment value it was a 10/10 as it was for on lookers at either side but not for the poor sods queuing behind me who saw what was going on and settled for a Kit Kat.
Seems to get progressively worse, season after season.

Spoken to many Compass GM's over the years and given many suggestions to improve (from a realistic viewpoint with info on pouring rights, proximity of Bramall Lane to better offerings, limited facilities they can use etc), not sure who the current is and kinda got fed up of repeating the same things over and over anyway.

Is it still a kid taking your order who then has to ask an over 18 to pull the beer while another kid works the till or card reader. Three to serve a pint little wonder they often got it wrong. Saw it all last season cider instead of lager or lager instead of cider, I even saw one guy stop the lass after she had half filled the glass with cider telling her he asked for lager she then topped it up with lager, bloke says I don't want a snakebite all he got was a blank look.

I can't remember the last time I bought a drink, or food, at a match. It's a sad state of affairs but generally the service is beyond wank wherever you go and I could never be arsed to queue up for beer at the best of times.

I do my drinking before I get there and after I leave. Negotiating the half time piss is enough to test my patience levels, never mind the catering.

That being said I completely understand the OPs frustrations. The service to supporters simply isn't satisfactory.

I suspect the club possibly aren't that bothered about this. They seem to outsource it year after year to suppliers who offer a basic/shit service (maybe due to a basic/shit incentive?) and it's not something they then have to bother about?

Can't help wondering that, even if it was a brilliant service and product, whether it would be worth their while? I imagine the majority fuel up and tank up before getting to the ground anyway. So much choice on London Road!

Last edited:
Spoken to many Compass GM's over the years and given many suggestions to improve (from a realistic viewpoint with info on pouring rights, proximity of Bramall Lane to better offerings, limited facilities they can use etc), not sure who the current is and kinda got fed up of repeating the same things over and over anyway.
How long is left on the 10 year contract?

I suspect the club possibly aren't that bothered about this. They seem to outsource it year after year to suppliers who offer a basic/shit service (maybe due to a basic/shit incentive?) and it's not something they then have to bother about?

Can't help wondering that, even if it was a brilliant service and product, whether it would be worth their while? I imagine the majority fuel up and tank up before getting to the ground anyway. So much choice on London Road!
There is loads of choice outside the ground. I also tend to get fuelled up in one of those many public houses. But it's not entirely the point. If I want to dodge the ridiculous queues at the turnstiles I'll go in at 235/240 for example. 20 minutes, have a beer. The club offer a service but it is absolute shit. If it was a pub or bar, it'd be empty.

And you're right, the club aren't bothered at all. We've mentioned it before but all complaints are aimed at somebody else. All orders. Issues. Supplies. All someone else's issue. To be honest it's probably better for United. And it's not United fault its shit.

But compass paid United for the contract. United got their money and handed them the keys. After that compass just wanna make a few quid
If they wanted to do it properly you'd see improvements.

Still relatively easy to get a pot on the BL upper either pre kick off or 5 mins before half time. Choice is awful though. Tin of Fosters, bottle of Heineken, tin of Smooth or Strongbow (although you can buy pre mixed spirits as well).

As an aside nowhere round the Lane makes it particularly easy for you to grab a pint. They all seem to have done away with hugely popular can and bottle bars pre match.

I hate to say this, but If your in the lounge downstairs (platinum suite) you get free bottles of Heineken 😀 oh and free pick n mix this year

If you all dropped a bit of molly pre-match instead, then there wouldn't be as many queues.

Furthermore, you'd reach a state of spiritual transcendence, and the realisation that we are all part of one single unified consciousness emanating from the one true God, whose name is Love.

You don't get that with a pint of Heineken...

Is it still a kid taking your order who then has to ask an over 18 to pull the beer while another kid works the till or card reader. Three to serve a pint little wonder they often got it wrong. Saw it all last season cider instead of lager or lager instead of cider, I even saw one guy stop the lass after she had half filled the glass with cider telling her he asked for lager she then topped it up with lager, bloke says I don't want a snakebite all he got was a blank look.

Snakes in the kiosk would be such a cool film.

Stadium food and drink is generally crap everywhere. I don’t think I’ve been to any event or sporting ground where it’s been any different.

Brighton is decent too, and they stay open after the game.

I like that, rather than the more common "you've seen united, now fuck off home" approach from most clubs.

Just applied for a job at compass. Well, I say compass, the site says constellation. So even compass are subbing it out. Wonder if I get the role of 'beer pourer'? Tell ya what, for the £10 an hour wage I'd be helping myself to the ale. One for you, a sip of this one for me.

Upload your CV - nah.
Add cover letter - 'I don't have a CV because I don't have any jobs before.'

Let's see if they get in touch (I've put correct email but wrong number as I dont want them ringing me).

Back
Top Bottom