Westfield 'catering'.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Tarqs

Reaction score
I mentioned this at half time during the match vs Millwall, but the standards have slipped even more.
I know plenty on here moan about 'us moaners' who can't get a pint during halt time, but the facilities are there for a reason, to sell refreshments pre match and at half time.

1) My mate was in ground before me, sat down.... told him to get a pint in as was on my way.... the stewards wouldn't let him back into the stand.... not sure why, or how they can enfornce this, but it meant he was stuck in his seat.
2) The idea of profit maximisation is lost on these cunts whoever it is. I got to the queue and there were 8 people in front of me, generally decent. By the time the players were coming out, was still in the queue and 3 people still in front of me. The service is fucking atrocious. I watched someone get 4 cans in... the girl behind the bar took about 5 mins to pour the cans, including waiting or the head to vanish so she could pour out the 15ml that was left in the can.

Why the fuck can't the fucktards just work out (it's very easy), how many they sell per match and fucking pre-pour these fuckers. It's a fucking joke.

I'm angry, outraged and very nearly threw my season ticket at them.

I mentioned this at half time during the match vs Millwall, but the standards have slipped even more.
I know plenty on here moan about 'us moaners' who can't get a pint during halt time, but the facilities are there for a reason, to sell refreshments pre match and at half time.

1) My mate was in ground before me, sat down.... told him to get a pint in as was on my way.... the stewards wouldn't let him back into the stand.... not sure why, or how they can enfornce this, but it meant he was stuck in his seat.
2) The idea of profit maximisation is lost on these cunts whoever it is. I got to the queue and there were 8 people in front of me, generally decent. By the time the players were coming out, was still in the queue and 3 people still in front of me. The service is fucking atrocious. I watched someone get 4 cans in... the girl behind the bar took about 5 mins to pour the cans, including waiting or the head to vanish so she could pour out the 15ml that was left in the can.

Why the fuck can't the fucktards just work out (it's very easy), how many they sell per match and fucking pre-pour these fuckers. It's a fucking joke.

I'm angry, outraged and very nearly threw my season ticket at them.
I'm confused when you say 'wouldn't let him back in the stand'. Do you mean, wouldn't let him back on to the concourse? If so, then how would anyone go for a piss?
I might be wrong, but I reckon your mate couldn't be arsed queuing up for a drink for you.

I'm confused when you say 'wouldn't let him back in the stand'. Do you mean, wouldn't let him back on to the concourse? If so, then how would anyone go for a piss?
I might be wrong, but I reckon your mate couldn't be arsed queuing up for a drink for you.
You could well be right, but seems a flaky excuse which doesn't sound believable at all.... and he was out all day on the piss so I'd be extremely surprised if he wasn't interested in getting one.

Stop using it
I can't believe that people's standards can ve so low that they cannot go without a couple of mouthfuls of a disgusting pie, or a pint of complete slop, for 90 minutes

There's a half reasonable Wetherspoons only 300 yards away, and even though it's only a Wetherspoons it's cheaper and a million percent better quality.

Fill yer boots before the game and buy nothing in the stadium, and they'll soon increase standards

Stop using it
I can't believe that people's standards can ve so low that they cannot go without a couple of mouthfuls of a disgusting pie, or a pint of complete slop, for 90 minutes

There's a half reasonable Wetherspoons only 300 yards away, and even though it's only a Wetherspoons it's cheaper and a million percent better quality.

Fill yer boots before the game and buy nothing in the stadium, and they'll soon increase standards
I have a couple of pints before the game.

I can go without a pint for 90 mins, but that's not the point. I'd like one.

Time they took the catering into their own hands instead of pimping it out to some lowest-quality shysters.

Father in law went to watch the pigs the other week and it seems like even them cunts have got their house in order on this front, several food options that aren't your regular pie/chips/dogs dick in a bun. We are massively behind a lot of clubs in this regard. I'd happily go and have a pint and something to eat in the ground, maybe get there an hour or two before, if there was a decent offering. As it stands I barely want to get in there until about ten minutes before KO.

New season, same shite then? They've had an entire off-season to sort this. Last season they had supply issues apparently (and I emailed them a few times about how shite the kop service was). Though what supply issues has to do with bar staff spending more time asking each other what the fuck they have to do has to do with anything I do not know. I know they're young kids after a few quid, but that's besides the point. If you employ someone, train them up. You're chucking kids in who have no experience whatsoever into the lions den basically. It's pathetic.

Compass don't give a fuck if they sell 1 pint or a 1000 pints. If they did, they'd improve it. Worst refreshments in the country At Bramall Lane. They SHOULD be embarrassed.

Stop using it

My sentiments entirely... boycott the b******s!

Time they took the catering into their own hands instead of pimping it out to some lowest-quality shysters.

Father in law went to watch the pigs the other week and it seems like even them cunts have got their house in order on this front, several food options that aren't your regular pie/chips/dogs dick in a bun. We are massively behind a lot of clubs in this regard. I'd happily go and have a pint and something to eat in the ground, maybe get there an hour or two before, if there was a decent offering. As it stands I barely want to get in there until about ten minutes before KO.
Go to Reading, they have really good food from a van just on the edge of the turnstiles. Much better than trying to get anything inside.

I went for a balti pie, and it's the first one I've had at BL that wasn't scorched and rock hard, but I've always liked a balti pie since oldham away and can't resist..

However, the two lads manning the kiosk decided to continue thier conversation as one of them took the pie out of the heater and walked to the counter (2 steps at best) then swiped the card, it took roughly 5 minutes to complete a 30 second transaction whilst one of them stood and watched.

As I eat the pie, which was great tbh, the queue just backed up completely as half time arrived, then the usual people joining the queue, then leaving after running out of time ensued..

The staff must be really badly paid and just not motivated, what's in it for them to sell more and work harder?

Probably nothing..

Only sat up there once and that was for the boxing but the service then was absolutely fucking horrendous. Missed an entire fight queuing to get a beer.

Yep exactly the same for us that night.

I think it was Matchroom's caterers who took over that night and unbelievably, they were even worse.

Chucking bottles into pint pots that frothed up ridiculously meaning it took several minutes for one person to serve a handful of drinks.

As for our catering, it's been abysmal for years in every way possible. I have to be desperate to buy something these days

Compass don't give a fuck if they sell 1 pint or a 1000 pints. If they did, they'd improve it. Worst refreshments in the country At Bramall Lane. They SHOULD be embarrassed.
Is that true? It seems to fly in the face of conventional retail wisdom that says the more you sell, the more money you make.

Is that true? It seems to fly in the face of conventional retail wisdom that says the more you sell, the more money you make.
Not necessarily if your costs are increased also. They’d sell more if they had motivated and competent staff, but it would cost them more. The staff would probably be more effective if they were properly trained and supervised but that would cost them more.

I’d like to meet the person at the Lane who is responsible for putting together the contract and ask them what their Key Performance Indicators are, how they’re monitored and where the benchmarks came from. They’d probably just throw a burnt pie in my face though.

Not necessarily if your costs are increased also. They’d sell more if they had motivated and competent staff, but it would cost them more. The staff would probably be more effective if they were properly trained and supervised but that would cost them more.

I’d like to meet the person at the Lane who is responsible for putting together the contract and ask them what their Key Performance Indicators are, how they’re monitored and where the benchmarks came from. They’d probably just throw a burnt pie in my face though.
Indeed, they have a captive market so no incentive for them to do anything other than keeps costs down to the bare minimum; they have a window of 2-ish hours 23 times a year, I know people are saying boycott it, but there will be more than enough people still buying pints, pies etc to make it worthwhile for Compass to operate.

Do they care .... they'll probably be sat in Directors Lounge being waited on for nowt .... shove the catering where the sun dont shine!!

Its most likely he was trying to get back to his seat with said pint, which is a no no.

Nothing will change whilst you keep queuing up and handing over your money
I’ve heard that utd paid the catering company up front for their contract, which probably explains the shocking service (and lack of changes).

Even though i generally agree that boycott is the way forward as protest, i don’t think it would change anything except lessen queues and provide further justification to the catering company

You'd think so. But considering the emails and conversations I've had with them, they don't seem too worried by the complaints. They even told me a voucher system wouldn't work (despite evidence to the contrary). They simply do not care.

I have no idea what the OP's point 1 is, but I took a look before the game, saw only cans as options for beer, and will simply stay in the pub until quarter to three going forward I guess

It wouldn't be so bad if they actually gave you the can. But of course, because we're all very irresponsible individuals, they don't trust us to not throw the overpriced stuff at either our own fans or the players, despite obviously being anle to get caught and banned and probably jailed for such stupid behaviour.

Sadly this is how it is going to be going forward.

I suggest buying a bottle of coke from the shop, emptying half of it and topping it up with your favourite spirit. It's all the rage on the back of the kop.

Reactions: Dkc
I suggest buying a bottle of coke from the shop, emptying half of it and topping it up with your favourite spirit. It's all the rage on the back of the kop.

For the first round of the League Cup last season I took four cans of IPA in and supped them at the top of the South Stand.

I have a couple of pints before the game.

I can go without a pint for 90 mins, but that's not the point. I'd like one.

I get that Tarqs, if you want it, buy it by all means.

The one thing I've learned with my constitution is don't eat or drink at football stadiums where the toilet facilities are even worse than the food

Yep exactly the same for us that night.

I think it was Matchroom's caterers who took over that night and unbelievably, they were even worse.

Chucking bottles into pint pots that frothed up ridiculously meaning it took several minutes for one person to serve a handful of drinks.

As for our catering, it's been abysmal for years in every way possible. I have to be desperate to buy something these days
If you upend the can into the bottom of the glass + withdraw it slowly , keeping it just above the rising surface in the glass , it produces minimal froth takes a couple of seconds.
When I worked as a tray-lad at the Lane in the 70s , I was on 12.5% of my gross take ... No one sold more than me , I used to tie big net bags onto my tray with loads of crisps in

Back
Top Bottom