Match Thread West Ham United v. Sheffield United - 15th February 2021

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

WHU
WHU
WHU

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1613301077006.png v. 1613301086300.png
EPL Week 24 - Monday 15th February 2021 -

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/sheffield-united-vs-west-bromwich-albion.530/

Officials:

Referee:
Simon Hooper
Assistant Referee: Derek Eaton
Assistant Referee: Timothy Wood
Fourth Official: Graham Scott
Video Assistant Referee: Michael Oliver
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Simon Bennett

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺
Live TV Coverage
:

Screenshot 2021-02-14 at 11.12.38.png

Spineless, characterless, gutless, talentless. Pointless.
You've got some explaining to do, Chris. That was unacceptable at any level, regardless of our season. Defend that display and I'll lose a lot of respect for you.
Lundstram and Stevens have no future at this club. No loss if both go.

Was feeling quite optimistic with recent form that we may actually fight until the end to stay up. Shattered that with tonight’s performance.

This season is what happens when illness, injury and absence hits a squad that hasn’t invested in a quality second string that relies on 11 players playing at 100% every game. Money spent on potential rather than proven.
An amateurish way to approach staying up.

What sort of defending was that? Stood off him and said here have a free go mate

FFS

Agree....Lundstram was jockeying him.....then slowed into a jog and let him run into a more central position.
That moment showed that Lundstram thought....last minute...losing 0-2...so what's the point?....I'll safe some energy.

Paying peanuts you only get monkeys. No quality signing to improve the side is criminal. Money (seemingly) wasted on a striker that looks like he's never played the game before.
Considering overlapping CB's are our dna & we've had 3 yrs to find or train up a replacement in the event of injury , playing half a season with square pegs is beyond belief.
The Prince in my opinion was correct not to trust CW in the Jan window. I think CW should be the man to bring us back up but he has to acknowledge the waste of £100million in transfers. Also, if we are to be paupers again next season (which is likely) it's no good having targets that will choose other clubs willing to pay better wages. Identify realistic players not wasting weeks chasing players with no intention of coming to us.

Been an awful depressing season.
Yep, totally agree. I understand why the Prince didn't bring anyone in but I would have like Lingard. No money though.

We need a clear out next season, then bring in some athleticism, pace and quality.

We don't have another midfielder. Everything about our season has been a disaster from recruitment, to injuries, shit goals, loss of form, no crowds etc.
I'd take just not finishing bottom if offered.
I’d take finish bottom if we could end it all tonight, last one to leave turn the lights out!

Last edited:
'loads of effort but really lacking that final ball or the bit of quility to put the ball in the net'
you would be forgiven for thinking thats a view of the game today, but its not, its next weeks. copy and paste till the end of the season

That’s a real bugbear of mine. Fucking professional footballers who do fuck all but kick a football but can still only use one foot.....

Would you employ a one armed typist?
Always been an issue for me as well. At least use your time in training to fckin learn how to kick with your other foot

I find it astonishing how every performance is so similar, pass it around a bit, constantly pass up opportunities to create something, then gift the opposition a goal out of absolutely nothing and repeat.

No wonder we’re losing every week. It’s so fucking predictable. All teams have to do against us is bide their time because no matter how much we look like we’re in a game, we’ll do something stupid because we’re weak as piss all over the pitch.

Whether it’s the midfield, the defence or the goalkeeper, there’s a mistake coming somewhere and you can see it coming a mile off.

That’s a real bugbear of mine. Fucking professional footballers who do fuck all but kick a football but can still only use one foot.....

Would you employ a one armed typist?
Gotta watch dda Mr, discrimination and all that... ;)

I’d play him RCM allowing Baldock to come back as RWB. I consider the bar to be so low with Norwood and Lundstram, the gamble is worth the risk for me.

But then who would you play in the middle of the 3 instead of Norwood. Playing Bogle out of position in RCM doesn’t solve the Norwood problem

If anybody thinks that lot will come straight back up then I pity you. Disgraceful performance. Half that team couldn't give a toss about our supporters or our football club.
Not a disgraceful performance at all. Played well but we are toothless, nothing wrong with Lunny's performance he was shattered at the end.

Rammers Egan Amps Bash Lunny Osborn Goldy - well played you DID NOT disgrace at all- some folk need to get a huge gulp of reality pie- I was proud of the way you gave it a go.

Bad luck..

Abject. Pathetic. The very least, the bare minimum that is required is effort. Not a bit of effort, all the effort that can be physically mustered. That last goal was an embarrassment. It can't be defended.

Who played OK today? Ramas? Didzy? Ampadu? Bogle?

Not disagreeing, but it sums it up when our MotM candidates include a keeper who conceded three goals, a striker who missed four good chances and a defender who completely lost his man for a goal.

Not a disgraceful performance at all. Played well but we are toothless, nothing wrong with Lunny's performance he was shattered at the end.

Rammers Egan Amps Bash Lunny Osborn Goldy - well played you DID NOT disgrace at all- some folk need to get a huge gulp of reality pie- I was proud of the way you gave it a go.

Bad luck..

When do we get our medal for taking part?

That’s, what counts right?

Paying peanuts you only get monkeys. No quality signing to improve the side is criminal. Money (seemingly) wasted on a striker that looks like he's never played the game before.
Considering overlapping CB's are our dna & we've had 3 yrs to find or train up a replacement in the event of injury , playing half a season with square pegs is beyond belief.
The Prince in my opinion was correct not to trust CW in the Jan window. I think CW should be the man to bring us back up but he has to acknowledge the waste of £100million in transfers. Also, if we are to be paupers again next season (which is likely) it's no good having targets that will choose other clubs willing to pay better wages. Identify realistic players not wasting weeks chasing players with no intention of coming to us.

Been an awful depressing season.

Find it bad we didn't even use all our PL loan slots

If anybody thinks that lot will come straight back up then I pity you. Disgraceful performance. Half that team couldn't give a toss about our supporters or our football club.

Last season we struggled to score goals but our success was built on having one of the best defences in European football.

We played the same 5 defenders week in....week out.
I remember when O'Connell missed 3 matches in the Championship and we struggled.....he's been a bigger miss this season than everyone thinks.

Hmmmm, maybe, but this jury is still out on that charge
However, Norwood, Lundstram, Stevens.... Goodbye
We know Wilder is unsackable but he's doing a fucking reyt job of not getting much blame for this absolute embarrassment of a season.

Who does the buck stop with?? Lundstram? Norwood? McBurnie? Wild... Nah

Back
Top Bottom