Match Thread West Ham United v. Sheffield United - 15th February 2021

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

WHU
WHU
WHU

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1613301077006.png v. 1613301086300.png
EPL Week 24 - Monday 15th February 2021 -

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/sheffield-united-vs-west-bromwich-albion.530/

Officials:

Referee:
Simon Hooper
Assistant Referee: Derek Eaton
Assistant Referee: Timothy Wood
Fourth Official: Graham Scott
Video Assistant Referee: Michael Oliver
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Simon Bennett

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺
Live TV Coverage
:

Screenshot 2021-02-14 at 11.12.38.png

She talks absolute shite for 90 mins, more than any other pundit i have heard male or female, and if you think a sheffield accent isnt miles better than that awful brummie twang you need your head sorting
Give me an Essex accent every day of the week.

Ok. You should see if BT are looking for some guy off the internet to do some quality commentary in an accent you like.
Its the tone of her voice........sounds like a school kid & can't hold my attention to it for sustained periods

'loads of effort but really lacking that final ball or the bit of quility to put the ball in the net'
you would be forgiven for thinking thats a view of the game today, but its not, its next weeks. copy and paste till the end of the season
Is that you Simon?

We know Wilder is unsackable but he's doing a fucking reyt job of not getting much blame for this absolute embarrassment of a season.

Who does the buck stop with?? Lundstram? Norwood? McBurnie? Wild... Nah
I was all for getting rid of Wilder a few weeks ago and I've stopped listening to his pre and post match interviews because they just wind me up, but as for sacking him at the end of the season or even now, I'm not sure. However I don't think I'd be sad if he was to go!

Says something when Diddsy is our best striker & can't score with straight forward headers. He's average but better than the rest.
Didzy isn't average in any kind of way.

He's actually well below average....almost poor..when it comes to finishing....he's also slow and not good in the air either...thats why he was a free transfer.
However regards first touch.....awareness....passing....he's top quality and definite premier league standard.

I find it astonishing how every performance is so similar, pass it around a bit, constantly pass up opportunities to create something, then gift the opposition a goal out of absolutely nothing and repeat.

No wonder we’re losing every week. It’s so fucking predictable. All teams have to do against us is bide their time because no matter how much we look like we’re in a game, we’ll do something stupid because we’re weak as piss all over the pitch.

Whether it’s the midfield, the defence or the goalkeeper, there’s a mistake coming somewhere and you can see it coming a mile off.
So whose fault is that?

It was blatantly obvious from the first 10 minutes that we needed some pace up top. So why bring mcburnie on? Especially when he’s barely even in the box to get on the end of crosses. He drops deep for it thinking he’s fucking Glen Hoddle. Play in the middle, between the sticks you scrawny cunt. Billy plays but we create zero chances for him. We needed Burke on today once it was obvious that West Ham were going to sit back and then spank us on the counter. We needed to be able to hit them quickly but oh no, let’s have the two oldest and slowest men in the field up top with 3 men to beat when they have the ball.

Can Norwood not beat the first man on corners? Think he only got one into the box today

Find it bad we didn't even use all our PL loan slots
Prince was right though. Last January we bought in the 2 'highly' rated foreign lads but never played them. Previous january's haven't been that much better barring Berge . As I said I want Wilder to get a chance next season but he's got acknowledge the awful waste of money on some signings. We also have to start having a big city mentality when it comes to wages. We are Sheffield, a huge city with huge potential.

Didzy isn't average in any kind of way.

He's actually well below average....almost poor..when it comes to finishing....he's also slow and not good in the air either...thats why he was a free transfer.
However regards first touch.....awareness....passing....he's top quality and definite premier league standard.
Lol.. I thought you were going to slag me off at first 🤣🤣

I was all for getting rid of Wilder a few weeks ago and I've stopped listening to his pre and post match interviews because they just wind me up, but as for sacking him at the end of the season or even now, I'm not sure. However I don't think I'd be sad if he was to go!

The bar for keeping his job is very low.

Last season we struggled to score goals but our success was built on having one of the best defences in European football.

We played the same 5 defenders week in....week out.
I remember when O'Connell missed 3 matches in the Championship and we struggled.....he's been a bigger miss this season than everyone thinks.
Massive ... so why have we no ready replacement either within the club or identified? We've been playing this way for 3 years, it's a terrible oversight

So whose fault is that?
It’s a bit of everything.

Injuries haven’t helped. Partly it’s down to our recruitment which just hasn’t been good enough to stay up, that’s clear. We can talk about who else we could have signed and budgets and all that shite but the bottom line is, our signings haven’t been good enough for this season. Even wilder deep down must know that because we’re still playing largely the same side that came up from the championship.

On the other side of that, the management team cannot legislate for some of the fucking stupid things some of our players do on the pitch. Tonight was a perfect example, all three goals were avoidable from start to finish. It happens time after time.

Genuinely cannot believe we were still in with a shout of staying up for this long.

It was bad, but it doesn’t even make the worst five performances this season.
In my eyes it did, no ideas, was flat, id struggle to pick a player with a rating over 4 other than Bogle, feels like a months back when we couldnt buy a win.

Well, that went wrong.

Shocking errors first half gave them one pen and almost another. Fairly even but we looked toothless in their box while they kept looking dangerous. Another badly defended set piece (Ampadu) and then just stood and watched Fredricks for the third. West Ham had attacks which were quick and dangerous but generally looked quite ponderous. Bit worried then that we get hammered by a team kind of strolling through. These players just aren't Premier League players.

Ramsdale - 7 - Couldn't have done anything with any of the goals. Made a few standard saves, including one pushed out into a danger area. Made himself big to deny Coufal with a very good save near the end.
Stevens - 4 - Dire first half. fouled Dawson in the box qand gave the ball away dangerously a number of times. looked like an accident waiting to happen. Picked up a bit second half and actually put a couple of decent crosses in.
Ampadu - 5.5 - Stood watching for their second and a bit sloppy at times
Egan - 6 - Losing Egan is a huge blow at this stage. Not the greatest game and bizarrely struggled a bit in the air. Looked a bit slow off the mark at the back as well
Basham -5 -no idea what that rugby tackle was. Lucky there's no double jeopardy or he'd be off. Got forward a bit but didn't do much with it. Sloppy and lost his man a few times.
Bogle - 5 - Not much going forward. Never tried to beat him man. Looked iffy at times at the back. Should have done better on the third.
Osborn - 7 - Bit of a headless chicken at the start but was our most dangerous going forward putting crosses in. Can't fault his commitment. At least tried to speed things up.
Norwood - 4.5 - Woeful first half. Gave the ball away for the first goal and did it again a few more times. Under little pressure his passing was shit. Can't beat the first man on set-pieces. Slightly better second half. He was getting forward and making runs. Looked like he'd had a rocket at halftime. Got pulled fairly early.
Lundstram - 5 - Bit of a dick tonight. Kicked out and lucky to get away with it. Also a bad foul that injured their LWB. He's far too slow. His first thought is back or inside. He constantly refuses to try something vaguely difficult and choses the easy option every time. His shooting is rubbish. Had several chances the last few games and needs to take up Aussie Rules.
McGoldrick - 4 - Pathetic finishing. First header almost struck lucky with a deflection but should have caused much more problems. Second header gave the keeper every chance when he should have scored. A simple first time toe-poke he decided to take a touch and run into trouble. Not good enough tbh. He was neat and tidy otherwise but never played at a pace to worry them.
Sharp -5 - Ran around and fouled a lot. Put in a good cross for McGoldrick's first rubbish header. I'm not sure why he stays on tbh

Subs

McBurnie - 5 - Came on an bizarrely played in midfield. Did nothing to impact the game.
Jags - 5 - Did well with a on-on-one but then gave a dangerous free-kick away. He was nearest to Fredricks but Bogle and Lunny made no effort to get there.

Wilder - 3 - Unlucky to lose Fleck but we were never really at it. Absolute madness to bring McBurnie on and play him in midfield. 2-0 down with two strikers playing badly and doesn't even bring on our record striker. Did he give up after the second goal?

West Ham - They weren't very good but were very organised at the back. They also broke at speed. I like Bowen, he's always darting around and offering himself. Would have been a great Duffy replacement. Easily pulled us about when they broke.

Ok. You should see if BT are looking for some guy off the internet to do some quality commentary in an accent you like.
It’s not commentary though is it,it’s just stating the obvious, i.e. player goes down,ref blows for a foul, commentator says yeah he just caught him/he was a bit late. Nobody truly commentates on a game of football these days,it’s just read from a script of banal statistics and useless information.

It’s not commentary though is it,it’s just stating the obvious, i.e. player goes down,ref blows for a foul, commentator says yeah he just caught him/he was a bit late. Nobody truly commentates on a game of football these days,it’s just read from a script of banal statistics and useless information.
🤣🤣 You want them to read poetry throughout the game?

Turn the sound off!

Wilder is basically saying that the players are going out and doing what they want! Unbelievable!

He's analysing the game as if it's nothing to do with him and he has no input on what his players do!

When do we get our medal for taking part?

That’s, what counts right?

We got the best season last year for50 years- I can't be too hard on this team- they deserve a bit respect. WE played well for large parts of this match- the match was by no means a disgraceful performance. I understand what you mean of course, but right now my preference is to support not slag them off.

🤣🤣 You want them to read poetry throughout the game?

Turn the sound off!
I sometimes do turn the sound off because I’d like to hear them commentate on the game and they don’t.
Did I say I would like them to do something alternative?

Newcastle are losing!!!!! The great escape is still on...

So whose fault is that?
Not sure but maybe that is something they could hold have a go at addressing on the training ground.
Might be an idea.
Then, after a time, they could give shooting at goal a go.

Back
Top Bottom