Wardy to WBA

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Jim Chimmerney

Can hear the 'Cod Army' roar from his back garden
Reaction score
The rumour is back again today with £3M being quoted. Would our board turn that kind of money down ?

£3mil ? Consider him sold.

Although hopefully it stays a rumour.

And the winner....of most rhetorical question 2009.....is..

JIM CHIMMERNEY:easy::easy::easy:

Agents?? Nothing to worry about then....

I'm not sure who to believe here. Agents will say anything, but then we've seen players say that Blackwell isn't entirely honest with them, so perhaps a review of Ward's contract was promised.

Same, difficult to work out whos in the right. I think it is probably true that when he signed his wages reflected that he was a gamble, and if I was to hazzard a guess I'd say a lot of 'squad' players earn more than him which doesn't seem to be right.

I saw a quote from Blackwell saying that Jamie is contracted to 2012 etc, but if he isn't getting parity with his teammates then he could kick up a fuss and be off this transfer window.

Whether or not he was promised a review within 12 months is irrelevent to me, give him a new contract!

Whether or not he was promised a review within 12 months is irrelevent to me, give him a new contract!

Exactly. He's definitely someone we should be looking to pin down long term, and his value (and expected wage earnings) will probably be higher this time next year, so why not get him signed up now? It wasn't too long ago that we couldn't wait to hand out a 3 year deal on big wages to anyone that joined...

From the Yorkshire Post:

Culbertson issued a statement yesterday, saying: "We have no desire or intention of entering into a 'slanging match' nor trade 'cheap shots' as we take this matter very seriously.

"Though I did find the comments in terms of 'struggling for money', bearing in mind the club's position, rather amusing.

"I am disappointed that he is trying to turn this matter into an agent v club issue, which it is clearly not. But it is, of course, always an easy option for clubs to use.

"Jamie Ward is very happy at the club and has great respect for both the club and the fans and wants nothing more than to be treated fairly as agreed," he added.

"This matter is about honouring an agreement to renegotiate a player's contract terms

"I do think it is possible that someone is playing games but, perhaps, the club need to look a little nearer to home and no doubt I am sure the fans themselves will make up their own minds on the matter."

I've certainly made up my mind that this Culbertson is a bit of a prat.

Im not a fan of giving players new contracts mid season.

If he performs well the rest of the season then of course he will be in a stronger position to negotiate.

...a better deal with another club.

Kev, I'd agree with that statement, however, if Wardy was promised a 'review' mid season based on how he is performing I can understand why he/his agent will be p1ssed off.

Now I guess the question is was he promised a review? the agent says he was and nobody at the club have said otherwise.

Given his performances for us since he came they'd have a good argument for saying he should be one of the better paid players at the club which I guess would entail a big salary increase thereby reducing Blackwell's funds available for acquisition.

Given he's on a long contract the club could easily say 'no go' but p1ssing off one of your best players isn't the way forward.

Back
Top Bottom