Player Suggestion WBA firesale

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Your right Patrick in what you are saying, WBA isn't the answer, however they have a player in Swift which would be of interest to me and alot of other blade's. Who could do a very good job and improve our midfield by 25%

Your right Patrick in what you are saying, WBA isn't the answer, however they have a player in Swift which would be of interest to me and alot of other blade's. Who could do a very good job and improve our midfield by 25%

Hey maybe you’re right pal. I know he was linked with us before and maybe he would be a good addition. Maybe any one of them could be if they have something we don’t already have. A skill set or an attribute we’re lacking.

The inference though was that we should be looking at FIVE of their players! On that basis some would be happy to sign half the starting lineup of a mid table Championship side.

Call me logical but raiding a team that we beat twice and finished well above isn’t the recipe to survive the most difficult league in the world.

List me all the successful current Premier League players we're going to sign.

In fact, I'll do it for you.

Ones that have been stuck in the Championship through to their prime and since breaking into senior football aren’t the answer.

Personal I think, there is 2 player's in league 1 would interest me and that is Anderson of Barnsley and Aasgaard of Wigan ,but it's about options

15 goal contributions in a shite wba side last season isn't bad 🤷
Freeman had similar stats before he joined us.

Not saying he is a bad player at all, but his age puts me off too. I’d rather us try and spend the money (probably less) on someone from the continent who has their prime ahead of them.

I wanted us to sign him a few years ago, but it just seems like one of those where he’s not stepped it up in the last few seasons. Otherwise a lower PL would have taken him. Ironically we probably should have signed him over Freeman.

We aren't looking at Swift anymore, so pointless even talking about him.

As for the rest of the WBA squad, no thanks we've fallen for the trap of signing slightly better than average championship players before.

Freeman had similar stats before he joined us.

Not saying he is a bad player at all, but his age puts me off too. I’d rather us try and spend the money (probably less) on someone from the continent who has their prime ahead of them.

I wanted us to sign him a few years ago, but it just seems like one of those where he’s not stepped it up in the last few seasons. Otherwise a lower PL would have taken him.

As for the rest of the WBA squad, no thanks we've fallen for the trap of signing slightly better than average championship players before.
I'm not saying these 5 players are world beaters and would keep us up but what you actually expecting? We are skint and need at least 7 incomings.

We don't have the money to sign half a squad of younger potential stars like before. (Bogle/Berge/Brewster etc)

fuck me. John Swift was one of the best players in the Championship not so long ago. We spent ages trying to sign him. He's 28. Prime age. And yet you want us to use our imaginary European scouting networks to sign players good enough for the EPL that clubs with actual European scouting networks can't find?

We didn’t spend ages trying to sign him. We told him our offer, he left it on the table for a while until he received a better one. We’d moved on by that point anyway.

Also, when you say “not so long ago” you’re going to need to be more specific. He’s only ever been slightly above average in a team that has finished slightly above average. At what point was he one of the best players?

We were never in for him as much as people seem to believe anyway

Know he got injured end of last season but if we were looking for someone from West Brom we should be all over Daryl Dike.

Big, strong fucker and scored goals pretty much wherever he's been. Good age as well and decent option for the championship if we went down.

We didn’t spend ages trying to sign him. We told him our offer, he left it on the table for a while until he received a better one. We’d moved on by that point anyway.

Also, when you say “not so long ago” you’re going to need to be more specific. He’s only ever been slightly above average in a team that has finished slightly above average. At what point was he one of the best players?
He was in the Championship team of the season last year.

He was in the Championship team of the season last year.

In front of Berge, MGW, Norwood and several others…
Useful for those who put a lot of stock into those sorts of things I suppose.

To be fair he stood out in team that finished 4th from bottom that season but as I say he’s generally average for teams that finish average.

Last year was the best season he’s had by quite a distance and at 28 years old, that’s not exactly a good thing

Diangana is intriguing to me.

Very skilful player, good with both feet - looks like the 2nd coming of Jay Jay Okocha on his day… unfortunately for him none of those days have come in the prem.

But he’s still (relatively) young, I think he’s in the last year of his contract?
And with McAtee gone he could be useful in that advanced midfielder role to help get us up the pitch.

Wouldn’t want to blow much if the budget on him, but if he was available for cheap then I think he’d be well worth a look.

Other than Ajayi no thanks. He looked useful against us. Big lad, good recovery pace.

Other than that why? They finished outside the playoffs and we beat them twice. How would any of their players improve us?
Aye
At least it’s a different take on:
He ‘starred’ &/or scored agin us so sign him up - think that lumbering lump of a C/H @ Mi’wawl & numerous signings that we actually did make

Agree re Ajayi he'd be very useful as back up with a view to stepping in when we get an injury or suspension and potentially becoming first
choice. He's 6ft 4in and a Nigerian international, that'll do for me in our financial situation

Furlong would be worth a look if he wasn't 27 and a right back. The other who's worth a nibble is Asante. I think there's something to work with there.The rest are too old or not good enough. The possible exception is Diangana who has probably been underachieving there. If they're offloading on the cheap I wouldn't be gutted with any of those.

Gardner-Hickman has looked a promising player at times, versatile as well

I'm not saying these 5 players are world beaters and would keep us up but what you actually expecting? We are skint and need at least 7 incomings.

We don't have the money to sign half a squad of younger potential stars like before. (Bogle/Berge/Brewster etc)
Swift is English and plays for a championship side who’ll hold out for a lot of money.

There’s better deals to be had elsewhere. Look at the signing of Anel as an example for what you can get. If he’d been at an English club we’d have had to have paid at least double.

Just my opinion and of course you’re entitled yours. Neither is right or wrong.

Know he got injured end of last season but if we were looking for someone from West Brom we should be all over Daryl Dike.

Big, strong fucker and scored goals pretty much wherever he's been. Good age as well and decent option for the championship if we went down.

Horrendous injury record since he moved to England though

Graveyard club WBA, don't want any of their cast offs

Swift would be a good one if we ended up going down

That's like saying Burnley wouldn't take any of our players
It’s not though is it :)

We also went up and we pasted them at Bramall Lane. I think there’s a more compelling reason to look at our players if recruiting for a PL season. Just an opinion but one that surely stacks up as logical.

It’s not though is it :)

We also went up and we pasted them at Bramall Lane. I think there’s a more compelling reason to look at our players if recruiting for a PL season. Just an opinion but one that surely stacks up as logical.
OK.

It's like saying no PL team should look at Ndiaye, then

(They shouldn't, he's crap, sssh!)

Back
Top Bottom