Player Suggestion WBA firesale

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Swift would be a good one if we ended up going down

Swift has all the signs of Freeman 2.0 if we did sign him, i.e. if we'd have signed him when people first mentioned him, it'd have worked, now it's too late

Burnley pick up O'Shea who was highly rated by Bilic. I saw Swift play for Reading at Rotherham a few years ago. He was impressive, and could have been picked up then. He is a different sort of player to what we have and may not fit in to the way we will have to play next season.

Molumby isn't a bad shout. And before someone goes on about not buying from teams who are still in the championship. We don't have the budget or the recruitment/scouting team to find gold nuggets in Europe. Anel came about due to Jack Lester. Our midfield is in dire need of an overhaul and Norwood Fleck Osborne Coulibally and Berge aren't likely to improve anytime soon.

Personal I think, there is 2 player's in league 1 would interest me and that is Anderson of Barnsley and Aasgaard of Wigan ,but it's about options
I really like Aasgaard but not sure if there’s any more progression to come from him. He’s still young so there’s a chance but maybe the Prem is a step too far for him.

Semi Ajayi would be a great signing but can’t see it
Wasn't it him that got done up like a kipper by Ndiaye in the game at the Lane, or may have been Bartley? Either way, Ajayi's a good player for sure, but think he's 29 and I just can't see us signing a player of that age from the Championship. If he was out of contract much more so obviously. I can't see us buying anyone from the Championship, but time will tell. Seems we're going abroad and domestic loans from the PL. Always liked Wallace and Swift but both are 28/29 now and think that ship has sailed now, last summer was the time to sign them but we were skint and Albion I think offered big wages to sign these two; might regret that now if they're in trouble financially.

Wasn't it him that got done up like a kipper by Ndiaye in the game at the Lane, or may have been Bartley? Either way, Ajayi's a good player for sure, but think he's 29 and I just can't see us signing a player of that age from the Championship. If he was out of contract much more so obviously. I can't see us buying anyone from the Championship, but time will tell. Seems we're going abroad and domestic loans from the PL. Always liked Wallace and Swift but both are 28/29 now and think that ship has sailed now, last summer was the time to sign them but we were skint and Albion I think offered big wages to sign these two; might regret that now if they're in trouble financially.
It may have been, but it means nothing.

We can’t afford any defenders that wouldn’t get ripped apart by Ndiaye. Hence why he won’t be signing a new contract because he’s at a better level.

We’ve got Egan and Robinson under contract and I’m sure Ndiaye embarasses both of them in training every week.

The championship always inflates valuations when premier league clubs sign championship players. For that reason I think PH and SB will avoid it from a business perspective.

Any championship players that could potentially come to us will be free agents I would imagine.

I'm not saying these 5 players are world beaters and would keep us up but what you actually expecting? We are skint and need at least 7 incomings.

We don't have the money to sign half a squad of younger potential stars like before. (Bogle/Berge/Brewster etc)
Perhaps we do ? Let’s see who arrives by 31/08/23.

Josh Griffiths, Ethan Ingram both England youth internationals might worth a punt if they really are skint.

West Brom have some good players on paper. Something is not clicking for them as a club. Maybe a couple of the players are bad eggs or the coaching team are shit.

I struggle to believe that albrighton, swift, dianganna, wallace, etc don’t have the quality to get into our squad. A few of them would be good signings IMO.

Swift, wallace and dianganna have undoubted quality. I’ve not seen much of the other players but i wouldn’t be opposed to us looking or picking any of them up. Like others have said just because west brom are poor by their standards right now, doesn’t make every individual in their team poor.

Swift or Wallace would still both be good players to pick up for a small fee if they are strapped. Both technically very decent players. Wallace has been their star man. As for Swift then sometimes a move just doesn't work out for various reasons (WBA have changed manager since he signed) and maybe he needs to find another club. United could be the one to bring his game on again.

Yokuslu could be the smart move. Might be cheap, and would be a good contingency plan in the Norwood CM position should we not get Doyle. Would also be good in a central two

knowing we definitely don’t have much money i would still be tempted with a couple of their players.

Ndiaye replacements (although not like for like) Swift & Diangana. I think diangana could be a bit of a project. Swift i think is a better player but a bit older. I recon 7/8 mill would get 1 of them.

knowing we definitely don’t have much money i would still be tempted with a couple of their players.

Ndiaye replacements (although not like for like) Swift & Diangana. I think diangana could be a bit of a project. Swift i think is a better player but a bit older. I recon 7/8 mill would get 1 of them.
Swift isn't good enough for the premier league.

I think currently he would be a starter. If we dont think he would start no point IMO. Have to improve the quality of the 11.

I personally think he would be good enough for us. WBA have decent players but an average team IMO.

Back
Top Bottom