Mcburnie

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

We don't have the budget NOT to take risks next season. Sure fire things at the level we are competing at are incredibly inefficient and expensive
Getting lost in semantics here.
McB isn't a risk.
We know from experience he's going to be unavailable half the time.
And a lot of the rest he's coming back from injury.
So you can't rely on him + build a team round him.
Likeable lad but not worth a contract.
We've already got Brewster who's not worth his contract due to being unavailable through injury
And no fucker is gonna take him off our hands.
So it's crazy to re-sign another crock in McB when we can let him go.

McB is a proven top champ / lower Prem striker, his goal record is average but he brings a lot more than that. Realistically he only starts fully fit somewhere between 1/3 and 1/4 of games a season, but if I was Luton / Forest / Leicester / Soton and starting next season and had Prem money I would gamble on that. 5-10 Prem goals can literally be worth millions.

For a champ side like us that probably doesn’t make sense though. Wages will be precious for us and we can’t carry a 3rd / 4th choice striker on his kind of money, even if reduced.

I really like McBurnie but it’s time for us to shake hands and move on. I wish him the best and - been part of a couple of the best seasons in recent years and I would never blame a player for being injured, they will hate it more than anyone. But sometimes it’s just time.

Wilder is saying he wants to keep him if he can sort a deal and is currently talking to his agent
"There’s a lot of talking to be done with Oli and his agent, we have to make sure first and foremost we get him back medically healthy and fit.
“He’s someone who I’d like to have around the place – one of those culture-carriers, good in the changing room and a good example to the younger players.
"Hopefully we come to an agreement and he has a really good pre-season because pre-seasons can be massive for everybody, to set the standard from an attitude point of view and be physically really set up.
"There’s a lot of talking to be done before that.”

Do we reckon he will go the full season without getting arrested for something? I had a dream we was down by six at halftime and he windmilled into crowd.

Wilder is saying he wants to keep him if he can sort a deal and is currently talking to his agent
"There’s a lot of talking to be done with Oli and his agent, we have to make sure first and foremost we get him back medically healthy and fit.
“He’s someone who I’d like to have around the place – one of those culture-carriers, good in the changing room and a good example to the younger players.
"Hopefully we come to an agreement and he has a really good pre-season because pre-seasons can be massive for everybody, to set the standard from an attitude point of view and be physically really set up.
"There’s a lot of talking to be done before that.”
Oh dear.
Can we afford a "culture-carrier" with his injury record ?
One minute Wilder is saying we need players who are 100% available ...
Next minute he's wanting McB for cultural reasons.
Sounds muddled to me.

Guess this screws any chance he had of going to the Euros. Wonder if it also scuppers getting a move elsewhere
Not really, as a free agent he can sign for anyone anytime next season, including after the transfer window has closed.

Getting rid of McBurnie is the same challenge of getting rid of Wilder.

With the budget we have who are you replacing him with that will be equally or more effective?

If you have a solution then great. But if your solution is Gallagher, one of the higher rated alternatives, then he has scored 3 goals in 22 league games.

So, with no money incoming at end of contract, we have to make sure we have a plan.

It didn't seem the case this previous summer!

With the budget we have who are you replacing him with that will be equally or more effective?

If you have a solution then great. But if your solution is Gallagher, one of the higher rated alternatives, then he has scored 3 goals in 22 league games.

So, with no money incoming at end of contract, we have to make sure we have a plan.

There’s this continent called Europe with loads of players who are of the standard we need. Many of them will be free agents. We could look there.

(I know, I know, we have no clue about European scouting)

Gallagher is the next Ashley Ward. Absolute Blades signing. Gerrimin

There’s this continent called Europe with loads of players who are of the standard we need. Many of them will be free agents. We could look there.

After this seasons debacle I'd have no faith in our club scouting anyone from outside England.

European market is full of players that would improve us but sadly we'd end up with more like:

• Souza
  • Traore
  • Slimane
  • Laruoci
  • Grbic

We'd actually have been better of this season if we just let fans pick our signings. We'd have still ended up with Hamer and probably improved on the above.

Our last 5 signings from Europe

Souza £10m Traore £5m Slimane £2m Grbic £2m Larrouci Loan.

When I look at those I would happily not buy from Europe. Brighton are the masters at it but they sign a lot of unknown players for big money that don’t do it and they end up selling for a sizeable loss. But they get more right than not. But there whole club is designed around it. We don’t have the same vision of tools to do so.

You'd think with United World we would have some idea about Europe by now but all the evidence suggests not.

Back
Top Bottom