Player Suggestion WBA firesale

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Ndiayewillalwaysloveyou

Loyal blade ⚔️
Reaction score
After selling O'Shea to Burnley they're still looking to raise some funds. Yes i know we're skint but a couple of these suggestions wouldn't cost too much?

I know WBA struggled last season but below are a few of my picks, they also improve the positions we need.

Semi Ajayi CB - Played LCB for them in the PL before and versatile across the defence.

Jason Molumby CM - Box to box midfielder with over 20 caps for Ireland and only 23 years old.

Okay Yokuslu DM - Over 40 caps for Turkey and has PL experience.

John Swift CM - A favourite linked in the past that loves goals and assists.

Grady Diangana AM - Attacking flair player and PL experience. (Was highly rated at West ham)

Other than Ajayi no thanks. He looked useful against us. Big lad, good recovery pace.

Other than that why? They finished outside the playoffs and we beat them twice. How would any of their players improve us?

Other than Ajayi no thanks. He looked useful against us. Big lad, good recovery pace.

Other than that why? They finished outside the playoffs and we beat them twice. How would any of their players improve us?
Because that's the pond were fishing in unfortunately. Decent championship players who could make the PL step up and be good for us if we get relegated to the EFL.

We also basically have no midfield so any of them suggestions walk into our team...

Berge (might be going)
Norwood
Coulibaly
Fleck ?
Osborn ?

Lol.

Swift would be an obvious one. We chased him for ages previously and very short in midfield (although he's not tall). They signed him on a free so I reckon he'd be possible for a few million.

Because that's the pond were fishing in unfortunately. Decent championship players who could make the PL step up and be good for us if we get relegated to the EFL.

We also basically have no midfield so any of them suggestions walk into our team...

Berge (might be going)
Norwood
Coulibaly
Fleck ?
Osborn ?

Lol.
We have no idea what pond we’re fishing in. Could be PL breakthrough players in the fringes, could be overseas and yes could be the Championship.

My belief however is that anyone that doesn’t improve us shouldn’t be signed, even if it means going back down. No sense in wasting money. West Brom were underwhelming last season and have one, maybe two players I would possibly consider as a last resort.

I believe we can think a bit more outside the box than that. Players that play in France, or Holland or wherever might be more of a risk but they also might have transferable attributed for PL football. The players you mentioned as far as I know aren’t being linked with anyone else in the PL and probably for a reason. They didn’t go up for a reason. It’s only an opinion I accept, I just think Championship not even nearly men is too easy a go-to and a defeatist approach. Teams do that and come down with a whimper almost every year. Let’s try something else.

It doesn’t make them a good one either
fuck me. John Swift was one of the best players in the Championship not so long ago. We spent ages trying to sign him. He's 28. Prime age. And yet you want us to use our imaginary European scouting networks to sign players good enough for the EPL that clubs with actual European scouting networks can't find?

Ajayi, Yokuslu and Swift would all be worth signing

Ajayi could be Anel's replacement after relegation, and cover all across the back 3 this season

Yokuslu and Swift both have aspects that would go some way to replacing Berge. Yokuslu is one who'd make a 2 man CM viable, big strong player with good technical ability. No brainer to pick him up on the cheap if possible

Swift is temping but I don't know if I'd want to commit a big fee to him. Injury and consistency issues

fuck me. John Swift was one of the best players in the Championship not so long ago. We spent ages trying to sign him. He's 28. Prime age. And yet you want us to use our imaginary European scouting networks to sign players good enough for the EPL that clubs with actual European scouting networks can't find?
He also could only make the bench when we played WBA at the lane, he did come on but did naff all.
He's been poor for WBA this last season by all accounts. He would also come with no resale value being 28.
Fire sale or not can't say any WBA player caught my eye when we played them.

Swift is class.
He was on the bench a few times last season though, he was against us if I remember rightly.
Any idea why?

Someone phoned ts last season and said if they didn't go up they are in a financial mess so will need to sell by the sounds of it

I get difference in opinions but suggest other realistic players (which you haven't a clue) then Instead of disliking anything I post 🤷

Last edited:

Yet he’s still in the Championship! At 28. PL ready. Everyone is clutching. Let’s just see who we sign. My opinion is that half of West Brom’s starting lineup isn’t the answer but we’re all entitled opinions though aren’t we.

Yet he’s still in the Championship! At 28. PL ready. Everyone is clutching. Let’s just see who we sign. My opinion is that half of West Brom’s starting lineup isn’t the answer but we’re all entitled opinions though aren’t we.
List me all the successful current Premier League players we're going to sign.

In fact, I'll do it for you.

It's a strange concept you've developed though isn't it...
So we should only sign players from clubs higher up than us?
Didn’t say that did I? This is proof that the written word can be misused even more so than data. Both can support any argument or even counter argument.

What I am saying is that West Brom’s team isn’t the answer for focused recruitment. The OP named five of their players. I sincerely hope our recruitment team has cast the net further and I have no doubt that they have.

Back
Top Bottom