Roy's View From... View From Reading

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

They are happy with their performance? :oops:

We did what we needed to, but we were well below par to what we can play like. We need to have a 'Spurs' effort and application against Luton on Satdi because they will tank us if we're not at it for the full 90.

Cheers Roy.
At home we are different

Fairly humble comments overall.

Just shows the difference though. Some of our fans think we are the worst side in the league, where as they are quite complimentary.
It's not a vintage league this season tbf is it? Are Burnley really as good as the table would suggest? They didn't lay a glove on Man Utd in the league cup and if games finished on 89 minutes would be out of the top six!!

It's not a vintage league this season tbf is it? Are Burnley really as good as the table would suggest? They didn't lay a glove on Man Utd in the league cup and if games finished on 89 minutes would be out of the top six!!

I don't think it's been a vintage league for a while, but we can only play what is there. I think both us and Burnley have played some great stuff in spells, but most importantly could get results (them better than us obviously) which is about the norm for teams chasing promotion. Good football but loads of ugly wins too.

It's very rare that any league has a team that blows everyone away every week.

I thought they were pretty awful, we weren't much better but we did enough second half to out goal them

We seemed to be time wasting and shit housing a lot more than usual and some of these unnecesary dark arts crept into our game. Not pleasant to watch, but seemingly effective against a poor side.

We will need to sort that midfield out. We still look very weak in the middle. The back 3 had to work far more than they should be doing

We seemed to be time wasting and shit housing a lot more than usual and some of these unnecesary dark arts crept into our game. Not pleasant to watch, but seemingly effective against a poor side.
That was very noticeable, seems like a conscious decision, especially in light of what the opposition have gotten away with recently and PH's press conferences. It's a real pity that this behaviour is incentivised, but there it is.

That was very noticeable, seems like a conscious decision, especially in light of what the opposition have gotten away with recently and PH's press conferences. It's a real pity that this behaviour is incentivised, but there it is.
Yep, the officials seemed to buy it. Really is worrying that when we're honest we get very little but when we go down this route it's immediately rewarded.

🎶 just like Reading, your comments are dull, your comments are dullllll, just like Reading, your comments are dull 🎶

Sheff utd weren’t great and their time wasting and diving was incredibly irritating” WTF ? Where ? If we could learn to dive we would be ok ?

Sheff utd weren’t great and their time wasting and diving was incredibly irritating” WTF ? Where ? If we could learn to dive we would be ok ?
There were injuries, Iliman and McAtee, both of whom went down without contact and that got their fans annoyed, then Bash in the area, though that looked like a McB boot. I felt we were time wasting last night and that’s very unusual for us. I think Shane Long could give all ours a lesson in diving, apart from Billy who seems quite well versed and unsteady on his feet for a, er, lad with a low centre of gravity.

Tom Ince was incensed at his yellow card when the ref had no choice. Ince kept pointing up the pitch, presumably to an earlier perceived injustice, which just looked daft.

"We lost at the football because the other team scored a goal and we didn't"

"I agree with Brian"

"I wore a green jumper to the match last night, the last time I did that was in November of 1996"

"The Sheffield fans were unnecessarily rowdy last night, too much fizzy pop and Coldplay if you ask me".

"Actually, it might have been October"

"My wife bought some new curtains yesterday, they're beige".

"No it was definitely November because I had Bovril".

Had a great game for England away in Italy many years ago, other than that he's just a narcissist, "guvnor" on his boots, last person out the tunnel without a shirt on, puts it on as the camera sees him..

Oh yeah, massive attention seeking throbber..

Probs be sacked if those attendences don't improve...

Cheers Panchero!

Mundane Reading, club and supporters, collected three points, move on to Luton. UTB.
Thank you Roy.:cool:

Thanks Roy. Won't lie, I was worried about last night. It wasn't pretty but just glad we got those points.

Is the penalty claim the one where JLT shoved their player with both hands at the byline? I thought it was a penalty at the time.
I don't think it should have been a penalty. He hardly touched him but at game speed it clearly looked like he did. You put two hands on someone and push and you're asking for trouble. Our defenders need to be cleverer. I think VAR gives it as well.

Back
Top Bottom