Roy's View From... View From Reading

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Roygbiv

Reaction score

"Fair play the Sheff Utd – they pinged the ball about nicely looked very comfortable on the ball.”

Good to see that some of their fans were watching the same game as me and not the game some of the posters on here were watching.

They are happy with their performance? :oops:

We did what we needed to, but we were well below par to what we can play like. We need to have a 'Spurs' effort and application against Luton on Satdi because they will tank us if we're not at it for the full 90.

Cheers Roy.

Thanks Roy.

Nice to get a bit of normality back & read these views from the comfort of 3 points. Mind you the guy who said he was fed up of us diving & time wasting shows what the average Reading fan knows about football.

Fairly decent comments although I guess Reading can only be pleased with that simply because it wasn’t a 5-0 hammering as they were not great!

Cheers Roy!

Well the majority of them seem a decent bunch, just the odd one or two that were obviously sat at home!
Big win, and the points we needed from our game in hand!, let's just hope we can uphold the gap now folks!🤞

I thought it was obvious early on they were nowhere near as good as us.

If we had our shooting boots one we'd have been 2-0 to the good in no time.

Most of their efforts were speculative from miles out.

Probably the most relaxed I've felt watching a game in ages. I thought it was just a matter of time until we scored.

I did think the challenge for the penalty shout was a bit needless. Seen them given. Absolutely no need to shove a guy going away from goal. Cliché I know but if that was on halfway I'd imagine it would have been easier to give. Imagine dropping two points for that. Robinson needs to cut that out.

Is the penalty claim the one where JLT shoved their player with both hands at the byline? I thought it was a penalty at the time.

Me too.

How much their player exaggerated it, I don't know, but you put both hands on their back with a pushing motion, you're asking for trouble.

I did think the challenge for the penalty shout was a bit needless. Seen them given. Absolutely no need to shove a guy going away from goal. Cliché I know but if that was on halfway I'd imagine it would have been easier to give. Imagine dropping two points for that. Robinson needs to cut that out.
I've not seen a replay but thought it was a classic Shane Long dive.

Fairly humble comments overall.

Just shows the difference though. Some of our fans think we are the worst side in the league, where as they are quite complimentary.

I've not seen a replay but thought it was a classic Shane Long dive.
No doubt he was looking for it, but putting your hand on the forward's back and exerting some pressure is what it looked like. I just don't think there was much to be gained and a great deal to be lost with that gesture.

I was confused by the lack of urgency towards the end. I think it's tough for sides when we sit in and have three big buggers at centre back to contend with in the box but when there's 3 minutes left and you've got Andy Carrol up front...just gerrit in the box? I was watching the game with Reading's commentary and they were getting a bit wound up by the passing it about in the back three instead of knocking it long. Not that I'm a fan of long ball, but that was the time for it.

Back
Top Bottom