Roy's View From... View From Arsenal

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Roygbiv

Reaction score

That last comment is a genuinely fair one at this point. It's not just us that's getting trounced and way off the level of the top few. It would actually give them exactly what they want, the money, the commercial side, the coverage etc., while everyone else gets a competitive league again.

The only losers would be the die hard fans who actually go to away games of the top teams, but that's actually a very small percentage of their fan base and many of them would still travel to Europe anyway.

Anyone else at the game last night find Arsenal's support bizarre?

Big club playing as well as they have for years and genuine PL title contenders, yet their fans spent more time singing about us than their own team.

Newcastle didn't sing one derogatory song as I remember (probably the Maddy factor tbf) but even Villa and Brighton didn't go overboard with the pisstaking.

From beginning to end the Arsenal spent most of the night singing about us. Could understand more if they were playing Spurs or another London club.

Found it odd.

Thanks Roy, the cruel ones were correct, it just hurt rubbing that salt into the wounds that our players created

This is what it has come to. I've always been proud to be a Blade and always will be but we have become a team of ridicule. It's an embarrassment and there's nothing any of us can say back when people take the piss.

In the past we've always had our never say die attitude, our pride in our fervent support and city and fully embraced our under dog status. Now it feels like theres virtually nothing left, only apathy from the very top of the club to the bottom.

I've tuned out and feel quite pragmatic about the state we're in, but one this that's boiling my piss is how neutral/opposition fans seem annoyed that we are as we are.

We get to decide if we're a disgrace, not top 6 fans who don't live in the same continent as the team they claim to support, or a right-back who happened to be part of a team that had some success.

Given we’re not the only team that sees a huge exodus during the match, I believe it’s only a matter of time until there is greater appetite for a “Super League”.

Thanks Roy. Well, that wasn't as bad as I was expecting but still not fun at all.
The one saying that it might be time for the Super league in Europe though.
Why exactly?
Youre not exactly romping trophies at the moment at home or on the continent so to be fair, you'd win fuck all in that too.
The money would be great and all that, but you'd always be in the shadow of the bigger,more glamorous teams.

Fln9_znXgAUqi7b.jpg

I much preferred the old Arsenal tv clips."What's Emory thinking blud".

Made me laugh last night.. Arsenal fans with their 50 odd songs about us. One was singing to Peck, Blaster and Brooks 'how shit must you be, you can't even start'. Cunts

"Maybe it is time for the Super league in Europe"
Can't come quick enough if they actually clear off and don't just replace the Champions League

Back
Top Bottom