Swiss Ramble - 20/21 Accounts explained

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Xant remember wolves selling anyone of note to make such a profit.

In fact didnt they spaff 35m out on that silva lad 🤣

Sales are reported in the accounts as the difference between book value and income. Purchases are written off over the length of the contract so while on the face of it Wolves' net transfer spend last season was £(25)m (£81m spent, £56m brought in); in the accounts they can record a profit on disposal. FWIW a quick scan suggests that they would have included most of the £41m for Diogo Jota to Liverpool, the £16m for Helder Costa to Leeds and £15m for Matt Doherty to Spurs.

this news has come has come as huge surprised me because, i was told definitively on shoutbox when this was discussed, that i was wrong when i said that. we have had lowest wage bill, effectively a championship wage bill in the premier league

i was wrong also when i said the prince was just playing with house money & we only spent what we brought in. i was said that was wrong it was upwards of 40 million + & turns out it was 1million a year. the fulham owner did more in 4 days than prince in 5 years

this news has come has come as huge surprised me because, i was told definitively on shoutbox when this was discussed, that i was wrong when i said that. we have had lowest wage bill, effectively a championship wage bill in the premier league

i was wrong also when i said the prince was just playing with house money & we only spent what we brought in. i was said that was wrong it was upwards of 40 million + & turns out it was 1million a year. the fulham owner did more in 4 days than prince in 5 years
You were stating the obvious and telling people what they already know

What would you like the prince to do.then ?

You were stating the obvious and telling people what they already know
obviously i wasnt stating the obvious because i was quite told definitively, that everything i thought of & read about the prince was wrong, then these details came out & turns out i was on the right lines all along 😲 . it was on shoutbox so i cant go back & bring up who the discussion was with.

ive always said with the prince, i think how he is trying to run the football club is commendable & if i was in charge of the EFL, i would make sure that every team had to break even. but if your in a league admiration & well run club is in majority of cases a unsuccessful club. because EFL are absoulte clowns & have made it so you have to risk the clubs future just to compete, barring a freak season

Sales are reported in the accounts as the difference between book value and income. Purchases are written off over the length of the contract so while on the face of it Wolves' net transfer spend last season was £(25)m (£81m spent, £56m brought in); in the accounts they can record a profit on disposal. FWIW a quick scan suggests that they would have included most of the £41m for Diogo Jota to Liverpool, the £16m for Helder Costa to Leeds and £15m for Matt Doherty to Spurs.

Wolves' £145m profit figure includes £127m of debt written off (by their owner).

So lets cut to the chase.....are we in the hunt for Haaland???

obviously i wasnt stating the obvious because i was quite told definitively, that everything i thought of & read about the prince was wrong, then these details came out & turns out i was on the right lines all along 😲 . it was on shoutbox so i cant go back & bring up who the discussion was with.

ive always said with the prince, i think how he is trying to run the football club is commendable & if i was in charge of the EFL, i would make sure that every team had to break even. but if your in a league admiration & well run club is in majority of cases a unsuccessful club. because EFL are absoulte clowns & have made it so you have to risk the clubs future just to compete, barring a freak season
Think the majority if people were well aware of the situation.

Nobody has ever argued with either of those points. You're doing Strawman again. We spent all the money, just more on fees than wages

All the above figures surely mean that we are an extremely attractive proposition for a takeover.

We paid too much for average players, one example £30k a week for McBurnie or £40k that would have secured Ollie Watkins at the time

I reckon Ollie Watkins is on more than £40k per week - and as much as it pains me to say it, what's to say he would choose to join us over Aston Villa in any case?

75 mate
His salary was 3.9 million a year

That and the fee for Watkins was 11 million higher than the initial fee for Mcburnie at 28 million (33 million for the total package). Wilder and Knill clearly liked Watkins as they mentioned him in glowing terms when he had just joined Brentford from Exeter. I think we were much closer to a deal for Maupay than Watkins.

You were actually told that his total funding as at December 2031 was in excess of £40m as per companies house. Something you clearly weren’t aware of. What figure did you suggest in shoutbox.

The £5m wasn’t £1m per year btw.

Back
Top Bottom