Is United World worth the money?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

It was a poor attempt to do what other clubs have succeeded in doing. The difference is, the Brightons and Brentfords both have good schemes and the money to do it properly.

Trying and failing to reinvent the wheel.

A pity, because if it was properly administered and funded, blades may have enjoyed a decent spin off from it.

Be interesting if United keep sending £1m+ annually to Geneva for exec services

Our manager resigned despite leading the club to joint top half way through the season. He was fed up with the owner holding us back, not giving any clarity going forward and false info on progress to sell the club. His successor is ex-Liverpool player and Holland international Dirk Kuyt.

Since we’re still part of UW, small summary on our transfer window:

Added:
Diawara on loan from Udinese (promising Belgian center forward who plays for u20 national team).
Huiberts on loan from Zwolle (Dutch center midfield with good stats in the Dutch 2nd division)
Van Beijnen (Dutch right back signed on a free)
Cheik Thiam (Belgian central defender signed on a free)
Wright Phillips (on loan from Stoke City, pacey right winger, still subject to work permit)
Out:
Meisl (central defender sold to Lustenau)

Very good window for us as we were expecting nothing. Now we are in a promotion spot it looks like the owners have made an effort to push for promotion. There was a lot of interest for our better players like Verlinden and Nzita but they refused all offers. So quite happy with that.

Where’s are the headquarters for United World?

Since we’re still part of UW, small summary on our transfer window:

Added:
Diawara on loan from Udinese (promising Belgian center forward who plays for u20 national team).
Huiberts on loan from Zwolle (Dutch center midfield with good stats in the Dutch 2nd division)
Van Beijnen (Dutch right back signed on a free)
Cheik Thiam (Belgian central defender signed on a free)
Wright Phillips (on loan from Stoke City, pacey right winger, still subject to work permit)
Out:
Meisl (central defender sold to Lustenau)

Very good window for us as we were expecting nothing. Now we are in a promotion spot it looks like the owners have made an effort to push for promotion. There was a lot of interest for our better players like Verlinden and Nzita but they refused all offers. So quite happy with that.
Enjoy the journey.

Unless ownership changes, you can look forward to underwhelming recruitment and failing to retain or extend deals of your better players.

You can probably half expect Traore or Slimane loans if we can’t sell them as well not know what to do with them!

PurpleRain edging near to the finish line!

Beerschot lead the second division on 50 points after 26 matches in a 30 game season. The top two go up and then there is a play off, so very similar to the Championship but with 16 teams, so fewer games.

Team in second has 48, third team has 46.

Remaining matches are:
Jong Genk (h) 10th
Oostende (a) 14th
Beveren (a) 8th
Pateo Eisden (h) 5th

Added bonus that 2nd and 3rd also have to play each other.

I also see United World described as having 4 teams, so the disposure lf Châteauroux must have been concluded.

It seems the Prince will have something to cheer come end of season, even if that cheer doesn’t come from S2.

Beerschot are now 7 points ahead of third with two to play so have secured promotion back to the Belgium top tier.

They are 5 clear of 2nd too, so every chance they win the league if they can avoid defeat at 8th placed SK Beveren.

Congrats PurpleRain

Châteauroux also looked like getting relegated to the 4th tier but they’ve been on a remarkable run of 6 wins, 3 draws and 1 defeat in their last ten to put them up to 11th, 3 ahead of 13th, the last relegation spot, with 6 games left.

Beerschot are now 7 points ahead of third with two to play so have secured promotion back to the Belgium top tier.

They are 5 clear of 2nd too, so every chance they win the league if they can avoid defeat at 8th placed SK Beveren.

Congrats PurpleRain

Châteauroux also looked like getting relegated to the 4th tier but they’ve been on a remarkable run of 6 wins, 3 draws and 1 defeat in their last ten to put them up to 11th, 3 ahead of 13th, the last relegation spot, with 6 games left.
United World sold chateauroux that's probably why they suddenly improved 🤦

United World sold chateauroux that's probably why they suddenly improved 🤦
It was after the window really if I recall so not much to be done. They are too big in France to be a fourth tier club.

But there seemed no benefit to the group so low down.

I think the Prince has all on with United without these foreign ventures.

But congrats to Beerschot.

I’m sure he’d sell them if he could. Same for us!

It was after the window really if I recall so not much to be done. They are too big in France to be a fourth tier club.

But there seemed no benefit to the group so low down.

I think the Prince has all on with United without these foreign ventures.

But congrats to Beerschot.

I’m sure he’d sell them if he could. Same for us!
Sale announced/leaked in November with it completing in January if I recall.

Congrats PurpleRain

Thanks, promotion feels great but the fear is we will repeat your season going back down if the take over is not completed soon. It was a great season though. Wright Phillips on loan from Stoke made a great impact.

Thanks, promotion feels great but the fear is we will repeat your season going back down if the take over is not completed soon. It was a great season though. Wright Phillips on loan from Stoke made a great impact.
United World’s tagline could be:

‘Getting promotion and stinking out top flights across Europe’

Beerschot chairman quits due to arguments with United world

It looks like they wanted to sell and he didn’t.

But damned if he does, damned if he doesn’t in that scenario.

It looks like they wanted to sell and he didn’t.

But damned if he does, damned if he doesn’t in that scenario.
Wow. Such ambiguity!

They = United World
He = The other owner

Last sentence he = the Prince.

Allow myself to introduce myself 😊

Beerschot chairman quits due to arguments with United world

Other people also fed up with the fat useless bog roll t@@t as well then, by the sound of things. I wish he would find something else to do with his time. Sell up and f@@k @ff, taking the united world shambles with him.

The opening gambit to any potential Owner/investor should be: this is the City where football began. There would be no Man City etc if not for Sheffield. You could be the person to realise success in the most historic football City in the world. Sold!!!!!

In the last accounts (20/21), Sheffield United payed £2m and received £500k from UW. They were 13 month accounts so that sets the cost of UW to United at £115k a month. Anecdotally, I'd heard that the current costs are double that (but we'll see in the next accounts).

According to El Accounto, this covers the club share of the executive team that runs the club, the data analysis and recruitment/scouting teams and central costs (insurances etc). As much as I don't always agree with his pro PA views, I'd guess this is about right as a menu of services. Although it doesn't explain how we were refusing to pay for other analytical services when we were under embargo.

Basically, do you think that United are getting value for money?
No

Yesterday was our promotion party and protest against Abdullah’s mismanagement

Honestly if someone even farts and it’s vibrato even vaguely sounds a bit like “Sell the club Prince”, you get chuntering disapproval from some over here.

Back
Top Bottom