Young Team

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

It’s context. It’s not fair to write him off. He hasn’t been a game changer, but he’s looked equally fine to say he’s only played consistently for BPA and is now playing CM in the hardest league in the world.
I'm not writing him off he is still young and I'm sure he'll make a living out of football, I just don't

His technique is quite poor. He looks clumsy to me, still what do I know, he may go on to become the next Brian Deane - let's hope so.

I seem to be getting grief because I've dared to suggest that Osula is L1 standard at best, I assume because he scored twice against mighty Gillingham so he must be destined for greatness.

I sincerely hope so, but I'm yet to be convinced - in my opinion that is, if that's ok?
Dearest debut away at Reading at the old elm Park. 1st game of the season after relegation the year before.
Mh memory could be wrong but fairly sure we started with agana and John Francis that game a a very raw Brian deane came on , ex substitute o Doncaster rovers bench costing around 35k.
Seem to remember every blade saying he didn't look the part when first saw him but what a legend he became. I'd fancy us every game now I'd we had deane upfront.
If we could keep bulking osulu up and giving him game time then appearances and goals breed confidence.
His attitude seems to be better than jebbisons.

I was waxing lyrical about this myself pre-season... I created my own thread praising the sensible transfer approach and the emphasis towards the future of the club.

Whilst this still stands to an extent, I do now believe that the recruitment in the summer has come at the detriment of other things.

We lack experience, we lack physicality and we lack height..... okay we are recruiting players who will play a part in the Championship in coming seasons. But we are creating a team that is incapable of competing at our current level.

This isn't Hecky or Wilder either.... this was the recruitment direction of the board. They instructed that we had to sign younger players for the future.

You also have to take into account the team he is playing in, when we have done OK, he has done OK, when we have been poor so has he. If he is par with seasoned pros, he has something about him. He hasn't looked out of place and maybe next year in championship is his time

I’m pretty sure if you trained a baby chimp to chuck darts at a board for enough hours they’d be a world champion within 5 years.
Not necessarily.
A workmate aged 46 takes his 11th driving test on Wednesday much to laughter at work.
Skills are natural.

Dearest debut away at Reading at the old elm Park. 1st game of the season after relegation the year before.
Mh memory could be wrong but fairly sure we started with agana and John Francis that game a a very raw Brian deane came on , ex substitute o Doncaster rovers bench costing around 35k.
Seem to remember every blade saying he didn't look the part when first saw him but what a legend he became. I'd fancy us every game now I'd we had deane upfront.
If we could keep bulking osulu up and giving him game time then appearances and goals breed confidence.
His attitude seems to be better than jebbisons.

Agree with the points made. Osula if bulked up and retaining his pace could be a very very decent player for us. Let's hope so.

Francis Joseph (RIP) by the way in 1988, not John Francis.

Thought this was a quiz on how many players with the last name Young had played for Sheffield United... disappointed.

His technique is quite poor. He looks clumsy to me, still what do I know, he may go on to become the next Brian Deane - let's hope so.

I seem to be getting grief because I've dared to suggest that Osula is L1 standard at best, I assume because he scored twice against mighty Gillingham so he must be destined for greatness.

I sincerely hope so, but I'm yet to be convinced - in my opinion that is, if that's ok?
I don’t think people expressing different views should be seen as “ giving you grief”. You may be right or we might be or somewhere in between.
I can only judge on what he did at Derby, what he has done in the PL and ,to a lesser extent, what he did yesterday. He just looks really good to me.

I really don't get this Brooks looks a fucking good player, he's shown glimpses of potentially being a good player but he's equally been shocking like in the Luton game when he rightly got hooked at half time.
What type of midfielder is he ?
He doesn't break play up, he doesn’t create chances, he tends too go missing in games or fade in games.
Now i get he's only young and he could get better and stronger but at the moment he is not good enough for the Premiership and if we do go down I wouldn't want us building our midfield around him in the Championship..
He is only a year younger than McAtee a player you can see is going to have a good career at Premiership level.
I do wonder if he had cost 4 million from some European side rather than coming through our Academy would some of our fans have the same opinion of him.
If and it’s a big if he makes it at the top of the game and he does need to show vast improvements I think stylistically he’d play a similar role to an Eze advancing with the ball up the pitch with the ball at his feet. Now I’m not comparing him to Eze or saying he’ll get there but stylistically that’s his type of role if he makes it.

A style of player that 10-15 years ago would probably have played wide in a 4-4-2 but as formations and styles of play have changed they’ve moved inside to play CM but still do the most damage running at men.

A great foundation of a mid table Championship team at best.

McAtee isn't our player.
I don't see Osula ever being better than League 1 standard.
Brewster is constantly injured and has done virtually nothing since signing nearly 4 seasons ago.
Seriki, despite being 21, has still only played a handful of games.
Archer may or may not end up being our player.

Out of those, I think Brooks, RND, Souza and Anel would be regular first team players, and only if they don't leave or get any serious injuries.
Fun at parties?

Archer back to Villa? Not sure he'd get in the team there.

A great foundation of a mid table Championship team at best.

McAtee isn't our player.
I don't see Osula ever being better than League 1 standard.
Brewster is constantly injured and has done virtually nothing since signing nearly 4 seasons ago.
Seriki, despite being 21, has still only played a handful of games.
Archer may or may not end up being our player.

Out of those, I think Brooks, RND, Souza and Anel would be regular first team players, and only if they don't leave or get any serious injuries.
Might aswell not bother then..

Back
Top Bottom