Match Thread Sheffield United v. Manchester United - 24th Nov 19

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
MANU
MANU
MANU
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin

1574270908540.png v. 1574270891192.png
EPL Week 13 - Sunday 24th November 2019 - Bramall Lane

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings
- https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/sheffield-united-vs-manchester-united.477/

Officials:

Referee:
Andre Marriner
Assistant Referee: Simon Long
Assistant Referee: Sian Massey-Ellis
Fourth Official: Andy Madley
Video Assistant Referee: Graham Scott
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Stephen Child (DazBlade88 🤣)

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺 Live TV Coverage:

Screenshot 2019-11-20 at 17.31.52.png

When did we sign Joe Hart? Thought that was just a preseason rumour.

*Simon Moore superfans, don't @ me.

Great game of football, we let them back into the game by trying to slow the game down. That just allowed them to build momentum and confidence. We needed to keep that tempo up which is hard when your putting the energy we did.

Unfortunate not to win that.

I'll take that point fairly happily as we essentially had one hand tied behind our back with a couple of mainstays unavailable.

Excellent for 80 of the 90, but that 10 we weren't, Christ. That's the Premier League, might have got away with that in the Championship but not in the Prem.

Fleck or Moose MOTM

Jags also great using his experience to make up for his lack of mobility (though it doesn't stop him having a few runs forward).

Hopefully Moose isn't too badly injured.

I hope this is learned from as it was similar to the game at Villa Park last season.

I'm disappointed because we were so much better than them that a two or three goal win should have been the outcome. For all the talk about their forward quality this is the poorest Man Utd side for over 30 years and we battered them for the majority. In the end, the late equaliser does at least mean we finished on a positive.

Still, that's football and I'm not really complaining.

I'd have taken the point beforehand but winning 2:0 at home and then to ship 3 goals in less than 10 minutes is simply not good enough.

The game was going into a lull with not much happening and our entire team seemed to switch off. They just went through us at will (they seemed much fitter but then again they'd not done anything for 70 minutes)

This started when we stopped pressing. McGoldrick should have been off 10 minutes earlier as his legs had clearly gone. Why we put Sharp on I will never know. I'd have put Freeman on with the instructions to just run around harrying their players. We gave them time on the ball and were painfully slow to react to their attacks. They put an extra midfielder on and we were outnumbered. We should have responded then.

Great spirit to keep going and get the equaliser but we got away with that one after being in what should have been an insurmountable position. Poor subs at the wrong times but you could argue that two of them made and scored the third.

Still played great, but losing the Moose took the pressure off them. He's so fast they daren't push too far with him on. Oh and Souness wants a season ticket. :)

Moore was very poor on their third, going to get a new one torn on MOTD, and questionable on the second. We need to sort Verrips out because I'd have serious reservations with Moore in the net should Henderson become unavailable for any length of time.

Can't be doing with that in the Prem.

We really need to try and buy Hendo in Summer if he's available.

Goals 1 and 3 we'll admit were good goals. The 2nd was defendable and because of how we respond to this kind of thing, won't happen again.

I thought Man United were crap for the first half and but for that 10 minute spell, crap the rest of it.

Yeah Moose going off didn'r help us...they pushed up,we say back,and started to give the ball away,but great character to come back and level....Like one or two have said it was a bit like that Villa game,we were by far the better team apart from that 10 minutes or so...Fleck was class,MoM for me...proud of 'em,deserved to get 3 points,but one will do.

This. I'm 33, and I grew up with man utd as the dominant powerhouse of domestic football. For all they are a shadow of what they were, I've still got "tingles" today, as if I was a kid again. We're mixing it with the elite, and we're not the walkover we were expected to be. Many man u fans (the real ones, not the american/african/chinese retards) would take a point today. Let THAT sink in. Manchester United fans would be happy to leave the lane with a point. When just 3 short years ago we were scrapping around in L1.

What a time to be a Blade.
I lived in Manchester in the early 60's and a bloke at work could get tickets = I went to a lot of games there. I think every Portuguese and Spanish waiter went there.

I've just about stopped having a Connery. That was a fantastic game to watch. Man to man we were far superior to them in every department, but as soon as WillIams scored, Manures heads went up and they finally attempted to get in our box. Mousset, Norwood and Baldock for me were excellent, but then again the whole bloody team was. Gutted that we didn't get the win but the late equaliser typifies the spirit of this team. I'm very, very proud to be a Blade tonight 🔴⚪⚔ enjoy a few beers lads and lasses, we're staying up

what a game. from a unbiased i doubt theres been a better super sunday game on sky sports this season. bet the neutrals absolutely loved it

but for most of that match i was watching it in disbelief, because 4 yrs ago we lost 4-2 making shrewsbury look like Barca & couldve been 7 on horrible tues night, 3 years ago it was world war 3 v southend & there we were beating & outplaying man utd at HT. when 2-0 went in I think I said "call me suggs as this is madness" as someone said on the shoutbox wilder whats have you done to us

we were outstanding for 1st 70 & the last 10. a level we have rarely seen at the lane. but that spell like villa we got sloppy & we kept kick it back to them. let the pressure mount, mcburnie didn't help he his pressing started slowly, man utd played well for 10 mins they have quality players & with momentum It doesnt suprise me that it happened. but huge credit to players for mentally resetting & getting that deserved equaliser, which finally seeing the VAR check at home, (which is ridiculous, the tv images should be on the big screen) that was never handball. mcburnie is trying his hardest to get out the way & bar taking his arm off i didnt

Back
Top Bottom