Match Thread Sheffield United v. Manchester United - 24th Nov 19

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
MANU
MANU
MANU
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin

1574270908540.png v. 1574270891192.png
EPL Week 13 - Sunday 24th November 2019 - Bramall Lane

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings
- https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/sheffield-united-vs-manchester-united.477/

Officials:

Referee:
Andre Marriner
Assistant Referee: Simon Long
Assistant Referee: Sian Massey-Ellis
Fourth Official: Andy Madley
Video Assistant Referee: Graham Scott
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Stephen Child (DazBlade88 🤣)

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺 Live TV Coverage:

Screenshot 2019-11-20 at 17.31.52.png

I was confident but ive got quite nervous now, I don't have the same confidence that I had v arsenal when I knew we could win, it more like a crystal palace feeling. man utd have struggled for goals at times this season, like in that spell when they were playing astana Alkmaar & partisan, like been mentioned before rashford is maybe the only quality they have

Manchester United, at home, in the league.

Every so often you have to take a minute to let that sink in. We got here in 3 years.
This. I'm 33, and I grew up with man utd as the dominant powerhouse of domestic football. For all they are a shadow of what they were, I've still got "tingles" today, as if I was a kid again. We're mixing it with the elite, and we're not the walkover we were expected to be. Many man u fans (the real ones, not the american/african/chinese retards) would take a point today. Let THAT sink in. Manchester United fans would be happy to leave the lane with a point. When just 3 short years ago we were scrapping around in L1.

What a time to be a Blade.

Due a draw,there hasn’t been one between us since 1972..... 19 matches.

Team:-
Moore; Basham, Jagielka, O’Connell; Baldock, Fleck, Norwood, Lundstram, Stevens; Mousset, McGoldrick

Subs: Verrips, Osborn, Besic, Freeman, McBurnie, Sharp, Robinson

I forgot Moore would be playing.

Jags for Egan as well. No CB on the bench. I'd snap your hands off for a point.

I think the 2 key things to getting a result today, are keeping Rashford quiet, if we do that we're half way there and probably most importantly we must convert the chances that we are certainly going to get

jags for egan. should be no issue a guy with huge expierence of all the big games. club & country. this is what wilder bought him for

Not the first team who look like they are trying to match our formation. Hopefully we can exploit the space their inexperianced wing backs will leave behind.

Given who's in goal, we really need to close them down quickly around the box.

Will the Mancs know that Moore doesn't see 25 yard shots that well? Doubt it.

If they play 4-3-3 against our 3-5-2 then we should play cautious and be patient. Eventually we will overload them time and again. Need more than 3 at the back to cope with their 3 frontrunners. Usual first half against a 'better team', especially with Egan missing. First goal vital.

Commentator (Neville is it?) suggesting we're 'almost arrogant' the way we're passing it about.

Er, fuck off.

Yet again Sky commentators saying how poor Man U are playing. Not their usual standard. :D:D:D
Usual suspects...

Luckily enough, Dutch TV televized this game, and the analysts are absolute giving us a lot of credits. All my friends are basically watching Sheffield United for the first time and they are all texting me about how well we play. We are gaining a lot of support here in the Netherlands!

Absolute worldclass first half, so proud of our boys! Let's keep this momentum and bag that second one in to finish the game off!

Awesome first half, we played superb and McGoldrick!!!
Lunny and Baldock for me were the stand out performers in what was an excellent 1st half by the whole team. Need to keep it going

What a half - dominated

Love them all, we need a repeat of that for the second half!!

Back
Top Bottom