Match Thread Sheffield United v. Manchester United - 24th Nov 19

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
MANU
MANU
MANU
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin

1574270908540.png v. 1574270891192.png
EPL Week 13 - Sunday 24th November 2019 - Bramall Lane

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings
- https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/sheffield-united-vs-manchester-united.477/

Officials:

Referee:
Andre Marriner
Assistant Referee: Simon Long
Assistant Referee: Sian Massey-Ellis
Fourth Official: Andy Madley
Video Assistant Referee: Graham Scott
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Stephen Child (DazBlade88 🤣)

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺 Live TV Coverage:

Screenshot 2019-11-20 at 17.31.52.png

Yeah but they had McTominay for a lot of those games and he’s fairly decent, good energy, young, hungry and not bad feet. I was worried he’d be desperate to get the better of Fleck and would drive Manchester on, like he has in other games.

I never thought I’d be typing this but on Sunday we will have a better central midfield than Man U.
Can’t disagree with any of that, although I do think Perreira is improving game upon game.

Surprising fact of the day: Ollie McBurnie has scored 5 goals for Manchester United (link).

I discovered this "WTF fact" after he scored against Manchester United in Football Manager and the text said "he's scored against his old club!".

Surprising fact of the day: Ollie McBurnie has scored 5 goals for Manchester United (link).

I discovered this "WTF fact" after he scored against Manchester United in Football Manager and the text said "he's scored against his old club!".
Potential James Hanson!!!!!!!!!!

Can’t disagree with any of that, although I do think Perreira is improving game upon game.
I don't think any of their fit midfielders would get in our midfield.

Think this game will be all about how good Baldock and Stevens can actually be, nullify the threat from Rashford and James, and hope the Moose and/or Didzy can can hit the onion bag, and we can get a result!!

As Jason Manford once said; Manchester United fans are like rats, you're never more than 6 feet away from one!
With that in mind, who's the 'famous' ManU fan you hate the most?

For me two stand out:
Eamon Holmes and James Nesbitt 😠

Gonna be a tough match, think it's either gonna be 1-0,0-0 or 0-1. Expect very few chances for both teams so we gotta be clinical.

A Southampton win today, please, and draws for everyone else.

My (shit) maths tells me this would keep us in 5th for tomorrow ....

But conversely...

Manchester United have won just one of their last 10 league games (D: 3, L: 6) and have conceded at least once in their last 11 'on the road'. The Red Devils have failed to keep a clean sheet in 12 straight top-flight away games - the longest since a run of 15 in the 1985-86 campaign.

The (real) United are unbeaten in our last 5 PL games.

Was out with a friend of mine last night, some of you will remember him as a United player, Tom Fenoughty. He tells me that he played in two matches against Man United and they won them both and he scored in each one. I asked him if he's available for selection tomorrow? :) Sadly not, but he'll be watching and willing us on!

Was out with a friend of mine last night, some of you will remember him as a United player, Tom Fenoughty. He tells me that he played in two matches against Man United and they won them both and he scored in each one. I asked him if he's available for selection tomorrow? :) Sadly not, but he'll be watching and willing us on!

Played 4 times against them, won twice and lost twice but scored once against them

im getting nervous about this game, I really want us to win and get back 5th place!

I never saw him play Silent. I started watching in 1970 and I think he’d gone by then. I think he went to Chesterfield. He definitely played there because he told me about the manager, McAnearney. He said the training sessions under him were gruelling compared to what he’d been used to at United. He told me that after training at Chesterfield he was good for nothing. Used to go and lay down on the settee with a bottle of water!

I’ve known Tom for about 30 years. He’s always been very fit until fairly recently. He’s always looked after himself and been careful about what he eats and drinks. I know his brother Mick as well. I didn’t realise until recently that Mick was a pro footballer as well. Smashing blokes the pair of em. And still following the Blades!

im getting nervous about this game, I really want us to win and get back 5th place!
Are we on the slide Antonb?

I think we’ll be absolutely fine tomorrow. Most pundits are getting embarrassed about predicting us to lose, so they’ve mostly gone for a draw tomorrow.

I think we’ll win. VAR permitting of course!;)

Gonna be a tough match, think it's either gonna be 1-0,0-0 or 0-1. Expect very few chances for both teams so we gotta be clinical.

You're probably right - if you include 1-1 in your options then that's covered the results of 8 of the 12 league games we've played this season. People who've never seen us play must think we're really boring to watch.

I never saw him play Silent. I started watching in 1970 and I think he’d gone by then. I think he went to Chesterfield. He definitely played there because he told me about the manager, McAnearney. He said the training sessions under him were gruelling compared to what he’d been used to at United. He told me that after training at Chesterfield he was good for nothing. Used to go and lay down on the settee with a bottle of water!

I’ve known Tom for about 30 years. He’s always been very fit until fairly recently. He’s always looked after himself and been careful about what he eats and drinks. I know his brother Mick as well. I didn’t realise until recently that Mick was a pro footballer as well. Smashing blokes the pair of em. And still following the Blades!
Jimmy McGuigan was Chesterfield's manager that signed Tom. Jimmy came to us as a coach under Ian Porterfield in the 1980s

Did Mick work down the pit? No joke...

My father in law tells loads of tales regularly about ‘the three Irishman’ Mick McAnearney who he worked With. Built like an house side and bent as a nine bob note.

Probably late 70’s in Barnsley.

Back
Top Bottom