Match Thread Sheffield United v. Manchester United - 24th Nov 19

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
MANU
MANU
MANU
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin

1574270908540.png v. 1574270891192.png
EPL Week 13 - Sunday 24th November 2019 - Bramall Lane

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings
- https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/sheffield-united-vs-manchester-united.477/

Officials:

Referee:
Andre Marriner
Assistant Referee: Simon Long
Assistant Referee: Sian Massey-Ellis
Fourth Official: Andy Madley
Video Assistant Referee: Graham Scott
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Stephen Child (DazBlade88 🤣)

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺 Live TV Coverage:

Screenshot 2019-11-20 at 17.31.52.png

Did Mick work down the pit? No joke...

My father in law tells loads of tales regularly about ‘the three Irishman’ Mick McAnearney who he worked With. Built like an house side and bent as a nine bob note.

Probably late 70’s in Barnsley.

Just reread and realised manager and Mick weren’t related, move along, nothing to see!!!

My father in law tells loads of tales regularly about ‘the three Irishman’ Mick McAnearney who he worked With. Built like an house side and bent as a nine bob note.

Jim McAnearney managed Rotherham, Tom McAnerarney managed at Aldershot. Both were Scottish and never played or managed Chesterfield. Cerberus Blade was thinking of another Scot, Jimmy McGuigan who was the Chesterfield manager that signed Tom Fenoughty in 1969.

As Jason Manford once said; Manchester United fans are like rats, you're never more than 6 feet away from one!
With that in mind, who's the 'famous' ManU fan you hate the most?

For me two stand out:
Eamon Holmes and James Nesbitt 😠
Them Ant and Dec blokes. Don’t know if they are Man U fans , just hate them.

So, I hope we are all suitably looking forward to this afternoon's visit of Manchester United. ;) A match in which we have every chance of getting a positive result. However they have had somewhat of an upturn in form, and I'm certainly not as confident as I would have been a month or so ago. That said, we've hardly had a dip either...

So...

Any team news?

Obviously Hendo can't play..

Is Egan recovered?

Mousset to start?

Another huge game for us, and if we can reproduce our recent performances, then Moore shouldn't have much to do :) However they are a hugely talented and dangerous team, who if they are on it will cause us big problems. Hopefully we rattle them early and never let them get into their flow. A victory is a big ask, so for me 1-1 with Lundstram getting the goal....

UTB

Orange juice, coffee, bacon and liver butty, lie to the missus about how much I had to drink last night and how my mates are fools for drinking to much. Then off for more of this great cities beer and watch us do manure 2 v 1. Fucking can’t wait!!!!! YOU BLADES!!

I was talking about Mick Fenoughty - so I doubt it's the same bloke. He may have done very early in his career I suppose.

So, I hope we are all suitably looking forward to this afternoon's visit of Manchester United. ;) A match in which we have every chance of getting a positive result. However they have had somewhat of an upturn in form, and I'm certainly not as confident as I would have been a month or so ago. That said, we've hardly had a dip either...

So...

Any team news?

Is Egan recovered?

Mousset to start?

Another huge game for us, and if we can reproduce our recent performances, then Moore shouldn't have much to do :) However they are a hugely talented and dangerous team, who if they are on it will cause us big problems. Hopefully we rattle them early and never let them get into their flow. A victory is a big ask, so for me 1-1 with Lundstram getting the goal....

UTB

🐧 🐧🐧🐧🐧🐧🐧🐧🐧🐧🐧

So...

Any team news?

Is Egan recovered?

Mousset to start?

UTB

They are no more huge or talented than Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea or Spurs. And we've coped alright with all of them, so I'm really not concerned at all about the threat from Man Utd. I mean, all clubs can be a threat. Even Watford, who I think are the worst team we've played all season, had their moments and we could have come away from there with nothing. So, it's not a case of being complacent when I say that I'm not concerned about the threat from Man Utd - I'm sure they'll be a threat. In fact, I'm expecting that they'll score a goal or two. I'm just confident that we will play well and give them a right good game. And if the footballing Gods and the jobsworth's in Stockley Park are with us, we'll get a result.

What kind of result I don't know. But seeing as most pundits are getting fed up with calling us wrong now and are crediting us with the possibility of a draw, I think I'll go f*ck it - and predict a win. ;)

This could well be one of those defining days in our club's history.

A win could be a springboard that could accelerate the Wilder miracle even further. Who knows where he can take us?

A draw would be fine and leave us in the top half after 13 games, absolutely brilliant.

A defeat would be slightly deflating and just peg us back a little.

I never saw him play Silent. I started watching in 1970 and I think he’d gone by then. I think he went to Chesterfield. He definitely played there because he told me about the manager, McAnearney. He said the training sessions under him were gruelling compared to what he’d been used to at United. He told me that after training at Chesterfield he was good for nothing. Used to go and lay down on the settee with a bottle of water!

I’ve known Tom for about 30 years. He’s always been very fit until fairly recently. He’s always looked after himself and been careful about what he eats and drinks. I know his brother Mick as well. I didn’t realise until recently that Mick was a pro footballer as well. Smashing blokes the pair of em. And still following the Blades!

I remember Tom Fennoughty and in fact haven't we a Fenooty on here?

I remember him as a tall and thin ball playing midfielder, a bit too thin relative to his height. Fairly 'gentle' in his play and never involved in controversy, more a gentleman than a battler. Played with his head up and didn't lack effort, always gave 100%, not quite good enough to be a key player at whatever level we were at when he played.

I always thought he was well educated but can't think why I would have thought that other than to have read it. Now I know he's your pal Cerbeus I think I may have been mistaken:D:D

Unless my mind plays tricks I'm sure we used to have two Fennoughty brothers on our books. I see Mick Fennoughty, Matlock Legend, passed away recently. Can't find any info on Nick.

Please send him our regards and best wishes Cerb.

We owe this lot for us being the original United and them being Manchester plastic pretenders. For the George Best goal, for the Cantona goal (much as it is class) and for the Luton Shelton non penalty. They need a good kicking and a good run around from us. If I don't see Ole's lower lip trembling at 16.55 I waint be appeh. Sort it aht Wilder.
you’re supposed to say ‘loyse’
sort it out snowman :D

you’re supposed to say ‘loyse’
sort it out snowman :D

That lost its power early on this season so I'm on the eleven amazing magic penguins at the moment. Also forgot it was a late kick off. Ooooops.

I can see our lads clicking up front and giving Man Ure a right lesson, I can feel it in me bones.....Pundits silenced

Their midfield will crumble under our press but they do have quality elsewhere.

2-1 to us.

This could well be one of those defining days in our club's history.

A win could be a springboard that could accelerate the Wilder miracle even further. Who knows where he can take us?

A draw would be fine and leave us in the top half after 13 games, absolutely brilliant.

A defeat would be slightly deflating and just peg us back a little.

Could be defining in that if we win today it will wake up more of the PL sheep to the fact that Wilder and Knill are very very special.
It might even persuade Everton to make enquires for Wilder to replace Silva.

Where as a defeat and the perception will be that the bubble has burst.
There will be loads saying “I told you Wilder and Sheff Utd were over performing, they‘re nothing special and will be fighting relegation”

So the daft thing is if we lose and hover around mid table it keeps Wilder under the radar, so we keep him.
Where as if we are pushing for a Europa cup spot all season, its unbelievably impressive...everyone will be impressed.

45 mins until my first train, the nervous energy is building.

No idea what's going to happen,

Fearing the worst and hoping for the best.

UTB

Listening to Radio Leeds (yes I'm old) and this came on

Let's hope it's an omen.

45 mins until my first train, the nervous energy is building.

No idea what's going to happen,

Fearing the worst and hoping for the best.

UTB
The odds for home win are 29/10, draw 12/5 and 21/20 away win.

I think they are generous to us and not based on form or player quality. If Egan is out then the odds are about right. Age and lack of match fitness make it hard for Jags and in paricular Moore who has a job to do as 'sweeper' of their fast breaks.

The odds for home win are 29/10, draw 12/5 and 21/20 away win.

I think they are generous to us and not based on form or player quality. If Egan is out then the odds are about right. Age and lack of match fitness make it hard for Jags and in paricular Moore who has a job to do as 'sweeper' of their fast breaks.
Odds are set to make money for the bookies and have nowt to do with real life.

They're simply designed to encourage supporters of both teams to lose their money

Back
Top Bottom