Match Thread Sheffield United v. Fulham - 18th October 2020

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
FULH
FULH
FULH
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1602874224393.png v. 1602874231828.png
EPL Week 5 - Sunday 18th October 2020 - Bramall Lane

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings
- https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/sheffield-united-vs-fulham.513/

Officials:

Referee:
Andre Marriner
Assistant Referee: Simon Long
Assistant Referee: Eddie Smart
Fourth Official: Michael Salisbury
Video Assistant Referee: Martin Atkinson
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Andy Halliday

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺 Live TV Coverage:

Screenshot 2020-10-16 at 19.52.34.png

Also available via BT Sport Box Office:

How to access BT Sport Box Office​

BT TV subscribers: You can buy and watch BT Sport Box Office events on BT TV. Go to channel 494 or 495 or to the BT Player.

Sky subscribers: If you have a Sky box and a Sky viewing card, you can buy a BT Sport Box Office event through your Sky account. If you do not subscribe to BT Sport, you must register and pay online with BT Sport Box Office first.

Virgin Media subscribers: Customers in the UK should visit the "On-Demand" section and choose "Live Events".

Online: Fans can watch on the web by first registering and paying online at BT Sport Box Office. Or they can watch on their iPhone, iPad, Android phone or tablet by downloading the BT Sport Box Office app from the Apple Store or Play Store.

EE, Three and O2 customers watching online or via the BT Sport Box Office app can add the payment to their mobile bill.

We are fucking pathetic atm. What is Wilder’s reluctance to use subs to freshen the team up? Berge was sensational but was completely shagged by 65-70 minutes and he ignored the chance to put Osborn on. Berge got turned inside and out for their goal purely because he was shattered and wasn’t quick enough to react

How are we meant to build an attack when no one in midfield has any legs left? Long balls it is then.

Oh but it’s ok because we saved a sub for Billy in case we went a goal down and wanted to shove everyone up front

Sadly I can't see anything but relegation. Where is the win coming from? Where is the clean sheet coming from? Where are the goals coming from?

Feel I'm gonna have to give the forums a miss for the rest of this season, can't be doing with this negative rubbish when we've got 30+ games to play

This game was more of a must not lose rather than a must win. We’re off the mark and out of relegation zone. I’ll take that.

A late Sharp equaliser last year got us going and hopefully this will be the same.

Classic game of two halves. Bossed the first and looked shattered and well pegged in the second. Take your chances and we’re 2-0 up at HT but in the end I felt fortunate to get a point.

Thought Sander was great for 60 mins at which point he should’ve been subbed off. McBurnie great outside the box but poor in it.

Can we please stop letting Jack Robinson play? Looks like a raffle winner.

A point with the help of VAR.

We played well again at times and at least created a lot more this week especially first half. Hopefully the goals will come! Im glad that we tried hitting a few from outside the box for once. Ramsdale and berge looked really good today! Despite mcburnies lack of goals i think he played well. Great link up play and found good positions.

Wow - that second half was worrying...holding on against Fulham..

decent first half..we needed to put those chances away And that would have been a win, positive it’s a point and we’re out of the bottom 3, better balance in midfield.

we’ll be rock bottom after the next 5 games and will be playing catch up which is extremely worrying.

Wondering if that knock when Brewster came on really flustered him as he looked a bit all over the place....At least we didn’t lost and we have absolutely nothing to lose against Liverpool, anything is a bonus

Worrying debut from Brewster too. Not judging the lad, but we can’t expect the poor sod to carry our entire attack

What is Wilder’s reluctance to use subs to freshen the team up? Berge was sensational but was completely shagged by 65-70 minutes and he ignored the chance to put Osborn on.
Don’t think your criticism holds good today. Robinson forced on him, Brewster and Sharp understandable given that we needed to score. What else could he have done?

Don’t understand why we took Basham off & left 5”10 Robinson on against the big fucker Mitro. Could have eased a lot of pressure those last 5 minutes.

Again, Wilders methods just don’t make sense. Why insist on a left footed centre half when JL7 is playing LCM.

Wow - that second half was worrying...holding on against Fulham..

decent first half..we needed to put those chances away And that would have been a win, positive it’s a point and we’re out of the bottom 3, better balance in midfield.

we’ll be rock bottom after the next 5 games and will be playing catch up which is extremely worrying.
Yes, we need to put them away, but we also need to stop giving the ball away cheaply. We hardly won any second balls today. The midfield started well but as the game went on they looked fucked.

There are a few players will have to take a deep look at themselves. I'll mention them and be negative. Norwood, McBurnie, Stevens all way below their standards. The rest huffed and puffed but lack of confidence is showing big time. Ramsdale, Egan and Berge immense today.

Well if that's the best we can do we are going down, Fulham are nothing special but their movement off the ball puts our to shame 2nd half. Game should have been over by half time though and as we did v Leeds we get sucker punched, fortunate to get a penalty (it was a penalty btw) to get us a point. Lundstram decent 1st half where was he 2nd half? Christ we need to do something different have we got a plan B Chris?

Well open your eyes and smell the coffee. 33 games to get 38/40 points? Realistic not negative.

Did you lot start supporting the Blades in the last 3 years? You need to get a hold of yourselves and realise how far we've come, stop being fucking negative and actually support your football club

Not here for grown men throwing their toys out the pram after a few games

Don’t think your criticism holds good today. Robinson forced on him, Brewster and Sharp understandable given that we needed to score. What else could he have done?
Robinson absolutely but I think freshening up the midfield earlier might have prevented their goal as well as giving us a bit more edge and chance of carrying the ball into their half.

Think our problem has been us running out of steam in midfield and that’s why we thump it. Berge illustrated perfectly how much room there was to run into. Osborn could have made a difference doing that from 60 mins onwards. Lundstram and Osborn pouring forward would have given us a good chance of counter attacking and creating chances at 0-0

Game should've been over after an hour in the Blades favour, but profligacy in front of goal looked like it would cost us after the ridiculous penalty concession. Our midfield looked done for the last thirty. I can't understand not putting Bash and/or Osborn in there or the Didzy sub when he helps to pack those areas. Big worries for me are the physical drop, and once again us looking vulnerable under the high ball.

Brewster to open his account vs. Liverpool next week
(5-1)

Let’s just cling on and try and stay in touching distance by January, then find the money to get the signings we desperately DESPERATELY need.

What a load of crap I'm reading on here. We should have been 3 up at half time. Berge who was running the show clearly tired but after playing 3 games in a week with Norway who can blame him.

I am delighted with a draw, it is a massive result for us in the position we were in.

You have to give Fulham some credit, the new signings they have made looked very decent today, they are not the no hopers they are being made out to be.

Back
Top Bottom