Match Thread Sheffield United v. Fulham - 18th October 2020

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
FULH
FULH
FULH
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1602874224393.png v. 1602874231828.png
EPL Week 5 - Sunday 18th October 2020 - Bramall Lane

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings
- https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/sheffield-united-vs-fulham.513/

Officials:

Referee:
Andre Marriner
Assistant Referee: Simon Long
Assistant Referee: Eddie Smart
Fourth Official: Michael Salisbury
Video Assistant Referee: Martin Atkinson
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Andy Halliday

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺 Live TV Coverage:

Screenshot 2020-10-16 at 19.52.34.png

Also available via BT Sport Box Office:

How to access BT Sport Box Office​

BT TV subscribers: You can buy and watch BT Sport Box Office events on BT TV. Go to channel 494 or 495 or to the BT Player.

Sky subscribers: If you have a Sky box and a Sky viewing card, you can buy a BT Sport Box Office event through your Sky account. If you do not subscribe to BT Sport, you must register and pay online with BT Sport Box Office first.

Virgin Media subscribers: Customers in the UK should visit the "On-Demand" section and choose "Live Events".

Online: Fans can watch on the web by first registering and paying online at BT Sport Box Office. Or they can watch on their iPhone, iPad, Android phone or tablet by downloading the BT Sport Box Office app from the Apple Store or Play Store.

EE, Three and O2 customers watching online or via the BT Sport Box Office app can add the payment to their mobile bill.

So back in action at BDBL after what seems an even longer international break than ever. Fulham the visitors today with a 12pm kick off. A very important game so quickly, especially in light of the next 3 fixtures....

But anyway...

Any team news? :)

Unknown player with Covid-19? Egan?

Mousset still out.

Brewster debut?

Other knocks from international duty?

Very difficult match, and I am definitely more worried about this going wrong way than say, I was with the trip to Arsenal. I suppose that's a normal reaction really considering where we sit in the table. However I remain hopeful of a positive result and I'm going as far as predicting 2 goals and a clean sheet. Brewster to open with a brace....

UTB

Don’t know. Hoping releasing info means he can although I suspect it’s to pressure authorities to allow him to.
Reckon part of it is Wilder gaining a pre-match edge too... for all we know his place was never in jeapordy

Our Biggest game since Ipswich at home in The Championship.

We have to see this as an opportunity to get off the mark, however Fulham will feel the same. Let’s hope we have got at least one or two of the injury doubts on the pitch.

Lose this and we will almost certainly go into November and the Next International break on zero points.

Huge Huge game.

My guess at the team;

...................Ramsdale
.........Basham Egan Robinson
Baldock..................................Lowe
...Lundstram...Berge....Osborn
...........McBurnie.....Brewster

My thinking is that, he's had a good opportunity to get a good look at Max Lowe these last couple of weeks. Enda has just played three 90 minute games in 7 days & now is as good a time as any to give him a break.
If he does rest Stevens I can't see him making any other changes to the back line.

Midfield, I really hope not. But with Fleck getting a knock & Norwood seemingly out of favour we're out of options.
We shouldn't have let Luke Freeman go out on loan, he'd be in now.

Up front. Harsh on Burke, but against weaker sides that are likely to sit deeper we probably don't need his pace from the beginning.
Last season, Wilder had a tendancy to pick his better goal threats in games where he expected more control.
For that reason, I can see McBurnie & Brewster getting the nod together.
I'm not looking forward to this game much, but if those two start together it will be interesting to see.

For what it's worth, if I was picking I'd probably go for;

....................Ramsdale
........Basham...Egan....Ampadu
Baldock................................Lowe
....Berge.......Norwood.....Fleck
..............Burke.........Brewster

Although, I would be getting more and more tempted to give Bogle a go if I was Wilder.
We need more attacking impetus and it'd be nice to add someone into the team who has positivity on the ball and is willing to take a man on.

Last edited:
Yes. I wrote a script to post this, but it seems I made an error. I won't have Internet until 9am UK time tomorrow so I thought I'd cracked it. The rest is as is lol
So it’s the match finished for you?

Hope we won - but no spoilers please.

@The_Bladesman

Interesting to see Callum O'Dowda in the Bristol City squad today. O'Dowda was one of 5 Ireland players, including John Egan, who were forced to self-isolate. O'Dowda, like Egan, has since returned negative tests. Suggests Egan is available tomorrow?

Tierney starts for Arsenal v similar situation to Egan with Scotland. Must be available based on O'Dowda/Tierney playing.

It a must win really. It's definitely a must not lose. Lose this and I fear the worst.

Deffo a 6 pointer. But if ever there is a game to take the shackles off and properly go for it- it's this. Gungho against the top 6 pointless - but Fulham are as fragile as us, take the initiative and attack, ATTACK, ATTACK.

I think it’s time to give Stevens a rest, and potentially switch Berge, Norwood and Lunny around for the right and centre. If Fleck is definitely out I’d line up -

Ramsdale
Basham Egan Ampadu
Baldock Lowe
Berge Norwood Osborn
Brewster Burke

Get Brewster and Burke to run at them and shit them up a bit. Hopefully cause then to panic and get us on the front front a bit.

Well United just posted a compilation of Brewster scoring with the caption "ready to go" so that to me suggests he's playing. If anyone else has them on Instagram they've been making quite a fuss about him

Back
Top Bottom