Match Thread Sheffield United v. Fulham - 18th October 2020

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
FULH
FULH
FULH
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1602874224393.png v. 1602874231828.png
EPL Week 5 - Sunday 18th October 2020 - Bramall Lane

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings
- https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/sheffield-united-vs-fulham.513/

Officials:

Referee:
Andre Marriner
Assistant Referee: Simon Long
Assistant Referee: Eddie Smart
Fourth Official: Michael Salisbury
Video Assistant Referee: Martin Atkinson
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Andy Halliday

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺 Live TV Coverage:

Screenshot 2020-10-16 at 19.52.34.png

Also available via BT Sport Box Office:

How to access BT Sport Box Office​

BT TV subscribers: You can buy and watch BT Sport Box Office events on BT TV. Go to channel 494 or 495 or to the BT Player.

Sky subscribers: If you have a Sky box and a Sky viewing card, you can buy a BT Sport Box Office event through your Sky account. If you do not subscribe to BT Sport, you must register and pay online with BT Sport Box Office first.

Virgin Media subscribers: Customers in the UK should visit the "On-Demand" section and choose "Live Events".

Online: Fans can watch on the web by first registering and paying online at BT Sport Box Office. Or they can watch on their iPhone, iPad, Android phone or tablet by downloading the BT Sport Box Office app from the Apple Store or Play Store.

EE, Three and O2 customers watching online or via the BT Sport Box Office app can add the payment to their mobile bill.

Fucking hell fella chill out if we go down so be it! It wouldn’t be in my top 5 disappointments being a Blade if we did!
we need to be at full tilt to get results one of these factors which quite obviously helps us is the lift they get from a crowd! Yes everyone is in same position but the way we play with the intensity we are probably struggling the most. Like I said if we get relegated so be it! We are a much stronger club than 5 years ago!

That's ok then

E5414E85-68C1-4749-8D7D-4B21FF847F2C.png
My question would be ‘if you could see it, why didn’t you change it?’

Even hooking Berge or Norwood for Sharp when he brought him on would’ve meant we could’ve stuck Bash in there for the last 15-20 mins and at least injected a bit of energy.

What is the rule then? We don't need to match it , we don't even need to come close. We've played 5 games, we've got 33 games left and aren't even in the bottom 3. Bottom after 4 games in L1 and the same people were saying here comes L2 , no chance we'll survive.

There's no doubt we need to get a lot better, but we have plenty of time to do so. The players that finished 9th last season haven't suddenly become relegation fodder over night. Our form and results is concerning, but that doesn't equate to relegation is a certainty.

I am sure many said that in 1975-76. Didn't happen though.

What is the rule then? We don't need to match it , we don't even need to come close. We've played 5 games, we've got 33 games left and aren't even in the bottom 3. Bottom after 4 games in L1 and the same people were saying here comes L2 , no chance we'll survive.

There's no doubt we need to get a lot better, but we have plenty of time to do so. The players that finished 9th last season haven't suddenly become relegation fodder over night. Our form and results is concerning, but that doesn't equate to relegation is a certainty.
So last season for the following three fixtures we got 1 point. What's the likelihood of beating that?

We will be in the bottom 3 when this round of game is completed.

and there we will stay for the rest of the season.

You’re wrong. We have become relegation fodder. A worse keeper, injuries, loss of form, not addressing weaknesses in the side...all of this is going to send us down.

I am sure many said that in 1975-76. Didn't happen though.

There seems to be a thought process that we will improve because we're not a million miles off

However, they are not taking into account confidence levels getting worse when you don't win.

There is a almost certain chance that we will be 8 games in with just one point

That's almost a quarter of the season gone and if we have one point, which I expect us to have, we're in the kind if trouble that will kill the confidence so much that we won't be able to beat anybody

We’re a team in transition like it or not most of the core of the side that got us promoted will have been phased out by this time next year due to them returning to parent clubs or their age and it will take time to find them same kind of rhythm without them.

Injuries clearly not helping but he needs to find his preferred 11 and Quick.....Rammers is a good keeper. The right side of Bash/Baldock/Berge is very strong and picks itself. Egan not been great but plays. What Norwood offers in attack we massively lose in defence. We get ripped a new one every time a team counters. Ampadu must be given chance at CDM. The left side is a real worry especially with Fleck out. Robinson should be nowhere near that team he is awful. Stevens, Lowe and Lunny looked pretty good until Lowe went off. No coincidence Lunny ineffective when Robinson came on. McBurnie simply not good enough at this level. 3 starters for the front 2 have to be Burke, McGoldrick and Brewster when fit (feckin disgrace he’s not fit!) and hope Mousset comes back with some fire in his belly....so my 11

Rammers
Baldock, Bash, Egan, Stevens, Lowe
Berge, Ampadu, Lunny
Burke, Brewster

There seems to be a thought process that we will improve because we're not a million miles off

However, they are not taking into account confidence levels getting worse when you don't win.

There is a almost certain chance that we will be 8 games in with just one point

That's almost a quarter of the season gone and if we have one point, which I expect us to have, we're in the kind if trouble that will kill the confidence so much that we won't be able to beat anybody

Yes that is exactly what concerns me, not that I can do anything about it.

I thought Wilder today in his post match interview gave the first indication we might get relegated.

Anyone else get fed up with the Commentators?

Calling Stevens > Egan
Calling Basham > Norwood

then to add insult to injury when they were talking about the last time we lost more than 5 in a row was under the brilliant David Beasant in 1990 !!!!

Just out of curiosity I looked it up >

Sheffield United failed to win any of their first 16 league games in 1990–91, breaking a First Division record in the process, and went into the new year at the bottom of the First Division. But a rousing resurgence in the second half of the season saw the Blades climb up to a secure 13th place in the final table. They did even better in 1991–92, finishing ninth in the First Division and securing a place in the new Premier League.

All the survival doubters should read the above !

But we don't do class, we do graft, effort, hoof, attitude and versatility.
Class is for other teams, some have a lot, some have a bit, but no Premier League club has NONE

There are class defensive minded players but we will never ever ever have any quality class midfielders that can open up defences, it will never ever happen.
If we do stumble across one he'll be offloaded because he isn't back defending for 94 minutes and running around like a headless chicken.

Our players played last season like 38 cup ties against higher placed clubs
This season we're fucked
You can't just continue to graft and not have class you get found out no one is prepared to use skill and craft like Brooks lookman etc would do.

Anyone else get fed up with the Commentators?

Calling Stevens > Egan
Calling Basham > Norwood

then to add insult to injury when they were talking about the last time we lost more than 5 in a row was under the brilliant David Beasant in 1990 !!!!

Just out of curiosity I looked it up >

All the survival doubters should read the above !

I keep reading this. And I’ll ask again - when will we be signing Brian Deane?

Yes I think we was hanging on toward the end of the game, which was disappointing as I thought/hoped we’d have a go. But I honestly feel like we was much the better team for the majority of the game. If chances are taken then it’s a comfortable win. Unfortunately we missed said chances and nerves kicked in which is understandable considering we’re desperate for a win

Yes that is exactly what concerns me, not that I can do anything about it.

I thought Wilder today in his post match interview gave the first indication we might get relegated.

I sensed a change too worryingly.

I think before today I felt we'd had bad decisions/luck but I after today I am really concerned. We were outplayed for the 2nd half by Fulham and hanging on and looked dead on our feet.

Wilder said they had good players and are a good team. He said when asked about losing so many games and the run he was on that he was not used to and replied, 'It's the Premier League'

He was quite abrasive and seemed to not have any answers really - I don't known maybe it was me but he was not the bullish Wilder we have seen before

His whole attitude seemed to lack the fight I expect from him. Just thought it was a different kind of interview. Almost resigned that we are not good enough currently.

His whole attitude seemed to lack the fight I expect from him. Just thought it was a different kind of interview. Almost resigned that we are not good enough currently.
the thing is, we are good enough played well in every game bar arsenal (but thats arsenal at the emirates) 2nd half v wolves, villa, leeds & fulham were all great performances. could easily have 7 pts be in 9th. but we cant get it in the net

I think before today I felt we'd had bad decisions/luck but I after today I am really concerned. We were outplayed for the 2nd half by Fulham and hanging on and looked dead on our feet.

Wilder said they had good players and are a good team. He said when asked about losing so many games and the run he was on that he was not used to and replied, 'It's the Premier League'

He was quite abrasive and seemed to not have any answers really - I don't known maybe it was me but he was not the bullish Wilder we have seen before

Didn't see his immediate post match interview with BT but the attached 12 minute interview with the media doesn't reflect resignation on his part IMO. He talks about everyone pulling together to get out of this and doesn't question the teams application saying it doesn't happen on his watch so some fight left in him yet.

He did get a bit uppity with Ben after 10 minutes but he was asking stupid questions like do you agree 2 goals in the first five games is a problem.

What is interesting is the pause after he says we didn't get anyone in to replace JOC and the fact he didn't want to move Enda into the centre back role. Possible frustration at our failure to find a replacement? He also confirms he was considering playing Bogle but decided it was too big a change to bring in two new wing backs.

Yep, the killer bit for me was when he said we are miles ahead of where we should be. Reference to the Championship.

Back
Top Bottom