Pre-Season 2023/24 Sheffield United Pre-season Friendly Fixtures 2023/2024

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I'm truly hoping the Stuttgart game will not be a relaxed affair. I'm hoping the Stuttgart guys n gals turn up en masse and we see what the Bundesliga atmosphere can deliver to the Bramall Lane end. Let's see....
Hopefully a lot of away fans as looks like it's their only UK friendly.

Here's what other Premier League clubs are up to this summer:

In general, our organisation, ambition, and profile of fixtures are absolutely embarrassing in comparison to all bar Luton and Burnley, which should not be much comfort as we should have higher aspirations.

I'm truly hoping the Stuttgart game will not be a relaxed affair. I'm hoping the Stuttgart guys n gals turn up en masse and we see what the Bundesliga atmosphere can deliver to the Bramall Lane end. Let's see....
Good point! That sounds much better!

In general, our organisation, ambition, and profile of fixtures are absolutely embarrassing in comparison to all bar Luton and Burnley, which should not be much comfort as we should have higher aspirations.
Did you read the article you posted?

No doubt we can do better but the same is true for at least 10 other PL clubs.

Only 3 clubs have a home friendly in their own stadium against a top flight team. We're one of them (Arsenal and Bournemouth the others).

Are you saying that unless we're in some bullshit US/far east Asian tournament we're embarrassing?

Did you read the article you posted?

No doubt we can do better but the same is true for at least 10 other PL clubs.

Only 3 clubs have a home friendly in their own stadium against a top flight team. We're one of them (Arsenal and Bournemouth the others).

Are you saying that unless we're in some bullshit US/far east Asian tournament we're embarrassing?

I think it would be a good idea to go abroad and forge links and enhance marketing opportunities

Dear God 471€ for the flight only to Lisbon. 28-20th July.

Any brave (rich) souls going for it?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230626_203952_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230626_203952_Chrome.jpg
    386.9 KB · Views: 6

That's not bad for 2. Cheap there for food and drink as I've been. Just don't hit tourist traps. Plenty of great local places if you like Piri Piri chicken, chips, salad or steaks, fish etc. Hardrock Cafe not bad either for a few scoops.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230626-205640.png
    Screenshot_20230626-205640.png
    152.3 KB · Views: 8
  • Screenshot_20230626-210510.png
    Screenshot_20230626-210510.png
    358.6 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Have you looked at flying into/out of Faro then catching train to/Lisbon

Also bus from Faro to Lisbon approx €20 return and 3hrs 30mins

Last edited:
In July lol! Yes, but I like to get to destination, short travel to accomodation and stay and fly back from there. There's probably a number of Blades heading to Albufeira and coaches/ flights up. Faro is worth a stay by the marina but July prices. I stayed Residencia a Doca, cheap and cheerful by Marina, 15 or so mins from airport 5/7 -10/7 at €220. Look at Eva Senses prices 5 nights but spot on hotel and location(I was 1 min up the road from there)... Plenty flights up to Lisbon mainly TAP.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230626-212033.png
    Screenshot_20230626-212033.png
    374 KB · Views: 3

And this precisely is the reason why some supporters have been hoping for a confirmed date of when the game in Portugal will be played.
It's been over three weeks since the overseas camp was announced. Yet since then, absolutely nowt from the club regarding opponent, date or time.

I bet those flights weren't over four hundred euros at the beginning of June.

And this precisely is the reason why some supporters have been hoping for a confirmed date of when the game in Portugal will be played.
It's been over three weeks since the overseas camp was announced. Yet since then, absolutely nowt from the club regarding opponent, date or time.

£292 at 1.17EUR to GBP. I'm looking at 15/12/23 - 7/1/24 NCL to FAR at c£200 pp return with overhead case and underseat bag Ryanair. Airtravel has gone/going up so not bad prices imo. I went 28/3-18/4 right through Easter with fantastic weather same route, luggage. £117 per person

We've gambled on game in Lisbon on the 19th flying from Liverpool on Tuesday to faro staying overnight hire car up to Lisbon hopefully for game overnight stay in Lisbon back for a night in albafura and home Fri four of us total spend without spending money @£270 although the two nights in albafura are free gratis apart from a cleaning fee
looking forward to it

We've gambled on game in Lisbon on the 19th flying from Liverpool on Tuesday to faro staying overnight hire car up to Lisbon hopefully for game overnight stay in Lisbon back for a night in albafura and home Fri four of us total spend without spending money @£270 although the two nights in albafura are free gratis apart from a cleaning fee
looking forward to it
The nature of the work I do currently, means I cant gamble on a likely date unfortunately. It's a bugger but I have to grin and bear it. Your schedule sounds great and I'll hope to see you and a few more there. :)

The nature of the work I do currently, means I cant gamble on a likely date unfortunately. It's a bugger but I have to grin and bear it. Your schedule sounds great and I'll hope to see you and a few more there. :)
Four of us have also gambled on a mid week game , wizz air from Luton to Lisbon , so fingers crossed , if not a couple of nights in a beautiful city….. did a reci a few weeks ago, was stopping in Albufeira and took an early fast train to Lisbon and back early evening, about 45euro , 2 1/2 hours … did the Benfica trip whilst there with the Jimmy Hagan connection, he also managed Estoril I believe…. Could be an omen?

Ha retired last year so no probs for me went to the last two in Portugal was great hope to see you somewhere in a bar 🍺

I'm bringing Lady Vancouver and the kids to Sheffield and we're planning to go to the Rotherham game since it'll be their first chance to see the Blades live. Anyone think this is a bad idea to go with kids? Been a long time since I went to an away game

I'm bringing Lady Vancouver and the kids to Sheffield and we're planning to go to the Rotherham game since it'll be their first chance to see the Blades live. Anyone think this is a bad idea to go with kids? Been a long time since I went to an away game

Be absolutely fine. No issues between fans. Relaxed pre season, no pressure atmosphere.
Perfect decision.

The word “embarrassing” is doing a lot of heavy lifting here.

I’m interested to know what you think our pre season schedule should be and most importantly why. Please note that “so I can go there on holiday” or “I’d like to see Real Madrid live” are not valid reasons.

Personally I think we can leave it to the professionals to know how best to prep the players for the up coming season.

The elite level of the Premier League, the international brands, can make gate, commercial & TV rights money from overseas pre season games by trading on their own name & brand.

The next level down Premier League teams can make gate, commercial & TV rights money from overseas pre season games by trading on the Premier League name & brand. That is what is happening to/with the centrally organised Premier League Summer Series - Aston Villa, Newcastle United, Fulham, Brentford, Brighton, Chelsea

Teams who are not "secure" in their PL status, will mainly have to make their own arrangements. Although some will simply fulfill commercial obligations in the country of their owners.

No one will be surprised to learn that I personally am in the - so I can go there on holiday - group. Playing overseas pre season as part of the Premier League Series would be a clear indication we are becoming a tad established as a stable PL team. Indeed, it is our second goal after surviving relegation.

I am sure Stuttgart will bring a decent following 👌
Stuttgart and Sheffield have some remarkable things in common.
Both - about the same size
  • built on seven hills
  • have a proud industrial heritage
  • have some very scenic countryside nearby
  • speak with a distinct local accent
  • have a team playing in red and white in their country’s premier league
  • have another team in the city which play in blue in an inferior league
  • this other team has a weird name.

Stuttgart and Sheffield have some remarkable things in common.
Both - about the same size
  • built on seven hills
  • have a proud industrial heritage
  • have some very scenic countryside nearby
  • speak with a distinct local accent
  • have a team playing in red and white in their country’s premier league
  • have another team in the city which play in blue in an inferior league
  • this other team has a weird name.
I have been to Stuttgart many times. One of the best Christmas markets that I have visited in Germany.
The Mercedes museum is fantastic.

Share some pretty heavy industrial bombing heritage too..

And some not so great concrete town planning decisions afterwards.

Recall them discovering old GB ordnance under their pitch when they redeveloped the ground a few years back. They’d been playing on it for years!!

Back
Top Bottom