Sheffield United 6 Tottenham 0

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Wow, I remember going to that, 30 years ago😳, that’s worrying as it seems like a few seasons ago🤦🏻‍♂️

I was there too. Spurs were woeful.

We actually scored a 7th goal at the Kop end.
We had an attack down the left (John Street side), we crossed it in and I think it was Alan Cork who tapped it in from 1 yard out.
However the ref said the ball had gone out of play just as it was being crossed in from the by line, so it was controversially disallowed.
Think the ref just felt sorry for Spurs as I think it was 5 or 6 nil at the time.

An interesting stat is Tottenhams biggest ever defeat is 7-0 by Liverpool.
So if the Cork goal has stood we would have been in the Spurs record books as joint club that handed out their biggest ever defeat.

True story. I went to that game when I was working in London. Got a lift to the game by the local snooker hall manager and his mates (all spurs fans) and genuinely didn't expect them to be waiting for me to give me a lift back. To there credit they did, I'm not sure I would have.

A sign we're getting older! From your user name I take it that you are a Sade fan?
Well done on that👍 I am indeed mate, born in 1967 so my music taste is from the 80’s, and it was one of my favourite albums of the time, sort of late night driving music and a go to album if I want to just chill out.

Definitely a sign we’re getting old, 30 years ago gone like that, I remember the match, I seem to think it was one of the seasons me and my pal were on the Bramall Upper, a night match from memory, one of those nights where everything went right and a complete shock at the time. Thanks for that, I’ve enjoyed watching it👍 still not sure about the 30 years thing though😳

Well done on that👍 I am indeed mate, born in 1967 so my music taste is from the 80’s, and it was one of my favourite albums of the time, sort of late night driving music and a go to album if I want to just chill out.

Definitely a sign we’re getting old, 30 years ago gone like that, I remember the match, I seem to think it was one of the seasons me and my pal were on the Bramall Upper, a night match from memory, one of those nights where everything went right and a complete shock at the time. Thanks for that, I’ve enjoyed watching it👍 still not sure about the 30 years thing though😳

Bollocks! I was certain you were a Waddle/Hoddle tribute act.

Was there that night standing on john street lower. Van den hauwe getting pelters for his missus and bill wyman 😂

I've mentioned this before. My daughter's boyfriend's dad at the time was a Spurs fan. I got him a ticket and he drove us to the game. He was a right posh pompous bugger. They lived in Collingham for anyone who knows the Harrogate area. Anyway, I digress. We all sat together on South Stand. Don't think I've enjoyed many matches more. It was a very quiet drive back to N Yorks.😉
Ps My daughter finished with the lad soon after.😂

I was there that night! Amazing experience. I remember us singing "Terry what's the score Terry Terry what's the score". I think. I was young(er).

I have quite a few Spuds supporting mates here in Melbourne and none of them remember it unfortunately.

I was there too. Spurs were woeful.

We actually scored a 7th goal at the Kop end.
We had an attack down the left (John Street side), we crossed it in and I think it was Alan Cork who tapped it in from 1 yard out.
However the ref said the ball had gone out of play just as it was being crossed in from the by line, so it was controversially disallowed.
Think the ref just felt sorry for Spurs as I think it was 5 or 6 nil at the time.

An interesting stat is Tottenhams biggest ever defeat is 7-0 by Liverpool.
So if the Cork goal has stood we would have been in the Spurs record books as joint club that handed out their biggest ever defeat.
I was on the kop behind the net about two rows back and there was nothing wrong with Cork’s goal. It should have stood.

With 5th Round games due to take place around 1st March, IF we beat Wrexham we will be playing Spurs almost exactly 30 years after we stuffed them 6-0 on 2nd March 1993!

I remember it was wet or had been during the day and I didn’t fancy the drive to Sheffield for a night match, but my 12 yo daughter was keen to go so we did. She still reminds me what I nearly missed !!

I was on the kop behind the net about two rows back and there was nothing wrong with Cork’s goal. It should have stood.

I was on the Kop too quite close to the corner flag near the John Street side

and it was one of those.....where half the ball goes over the by-line before it's crossed in.
The linesman was at the far side of the pitch (near the South stand) so wouldn't have had a clear view.
I also thought Corks goal should have counted....I think it was 5-0 at the time when it was disallowed.

I was not there but when I slipped away from my birthday do at Uni to check the score it was the icing on the cake!

I see what you mean:

900_834728AP7L_calla-lily-60th-bday-cake.jpg

With 5th Round games due to take place around 1st March, IF we beat Wrexham we will be playing Spurs almost exactly 30 years after we stuffed them 6-0 on 2nd March 1993!

What a night that was , great atmosphere too on the west terrace .
We’ve actually got a great record against Spurs at The Lane last 30 years

I was on the Kop for this game, it was the week of my 30th birthday.
Blimey, half my life has zoomed by, bloody hell!
I was a wee 16 year old who thought we were about to cement ourselves as a premier league force for the rest of my life. Too young to acknowledge the cycle of life for a blades fan!

The Spurs fans I was at school with said it didn’t matter because they were focused on the Cup quarter final. When I pointed out that we had a Cup quarter final coming up ourselves they went quiet.

Here’s the full match, weird night…

Back
Top Bottom