Robinson is a problem

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

He’s had a good season by his standards, but that’s just the issue. By his standards.

He was at fault last week, rag dolled by Adebayo (as was Anel). This time, his fault again for the first goal, backing off and backing off.

As bad as Wes has been (he’s just nearly been caught out again…), Robinson is no better. Both played out of their skin at times yet still both miles off the standard required and the fact we still have them in our team in the Premier League is absolutely hilarious. Same goes for Norwood, and plenty of them in reality.

For all the praise he’s got which I’ve found a bit ridiculous, I’ve still thought he’s been pretty poor by and large compared to Trusty. Would love us to buy a real leader for next season.
He’s alsways been a liability

JLT probably not strong enough and we seem to be stuck as we neither want to play Trusty or JLT in the middle of a back 5.

I think the defence look best in 4 with Trusty at LB. That said we have RND back now.
Is that likely to improve anything ?

He’s been alright this season (being the best of this bunch of planks doesn’t mean he’s having a genuinely good season).

Still though, that first goal today. It’s not as if it was a lightning fast winger or tricking AM running at him, turning him inside out and throwing endless step overs, it was a defensive midfielder running in a straight line with the ball ffs.

Been decent this season but that today was even worse than that shitshow he treat us to with the 2nd goal at Wembley.

Shock headline. Sheff United players not good enough for Prem based on Man City game.
I didn't want Wilder back but let's give him a chance to get the players going in the right direction.
Yeah we're going down and nobody wants that but the only bad result so far has been the Luton game and that was as a result of 2 unfortunate OGs and a howler.
So most of the players aren't good enough - maybe it's because we haven't got a very big budget.
We're not spending enough - that's because our owner isn't loaded.
We know! We fucking know! Either get your hand in your pocket and buy the club or stop whining about things we can't change.
Great answer, shut up or buy the club the stock retort when you have no clue what is needed.

He’s had a good season by his standards, but that’s just the issue. By his standards.

He was at fault last week, rag dolled by Adebayo (as was Anel). This time, his fault again for the first goal, backing off and backing off.

As bad as Wes has been (he’s just nearly been caught out again…), Robinson is no better. Both played out of their skin at times yet still both miles off the standard required and the fact we still have them in our team in the Premier League is absolutely hilarious. Same goes for Norwood, and plenty of them in reality.

For all the praise he’s got which I’ve found a bit ridiculous, I’ve still thought he’s been pretty poor by and large compared to Trusty. Would love us to buy a real leader for next season.
He not been the biggest issue so possibly got away with it. He’s also made a lot less errors on the ball than he has in previous seasons.

He’s literally all we’ve got though, I presume Trusty was signed as his replacement in the summer & Robbo was due to be back up. Always seemed bizarre to me that Anel-Egan-Trusty wasn’t the 3 at the start of the season.

If anyone can tell me what the fuss is over Trusty I’m all ears. Lacks concentration, can’t pass progressively, isn’t strong, doesn’t lead.

Robbo has limitations, but he’s been one of the few shining lights this season even if he could have done more to prevent the shot for their opener today.

Some are too quick to laud the new boys and chuck the old guard under the bus. Sometimes it’s merited, but not in this particular case.

Are you on drugs?

He’s been alright this season (being the best of this bunch of planks doesn’t mean he’s having a genuinely good season).

Still though, that first goal today. It’s not as if it was a lightning fast winger or tricking AM running at him, turning him inside out and throwing endless step overs, it was a defensive midfielder running in a straight line with the ball ffs.

Been decent this season but that today was even worse than that shitshow he treat us to with the 2nd goal at Wembley.
Depends how you judge it.

I think he's been amazing this season. He's never been a PL quality player and is playing in a dreadful team, constantly exposed and challenged. That he's looked good in most games is a miracle.

How much better did Anel look compared to JLT last season? Look at the gap in performances this season.

Because I think a bad player is bad?
A bad player doesn’t make close to 300 appearances in the top 2 divisions because they would have been found out a long time ago. So your comment is clearly bullshit and there can be no argument about that.

He’s a decent championship level player. Hardly his fault that the state of the squad means that successive managers are having to pick him when he should really be a squad player. But his character makes up for his inadequacies as a player, much as Bob Booker’s did.

Last edited:
He makes one mistake (against one of the best possession teams in the world no less) and that's worthy of a thread? A bit unfair I think. He's been outstanding this year.
Outstanding! Not really, much improved would be more accurate. He is our 4th best player according to the match ratings on this forum. With an average of 6.16 just below Trusty. So he is a decent defender in a poor team that is out of its depth across the board. I think mid table championship is about right. He is small for a centre back and won’t grow any taller but the long throw and his consistency this season have been helpful.

He's having a better than average season.. in the Premier League. So he'll be mighty fine for us in the Championship next season.
I'm glad you found someone else to have a dig at now Hecky has gone.
Yeah he will. But upgrade on players like this if we do go back up.

Their second goal, Trusty is left glancing sideways as he's beaten to the ball, similar to one at Arsenal.

The first, was the first time they didn't try and pass the ball twenty times around the box before trying for goal and Wes is beaten by a great strike.

Its very hard to motivate a set of players stranded at the bottom of the league but that game under Hecky we lose by 2/3 more, minimum. We did all we could with the bare squad we had available. Osulu's half chance was the perfect example of the difference in quality at both ends. If they put in a cross like that, our defenders won't make that challenge and one of their vastly superior strikers buries it.

We were spoiled by the first time we went up under Wilder, League 1 players playing out of their skins and holding their own at this level. Some of those are still here, four years older trying to compete once more. A yo-yo season or two should address that in the long term, hopefully. Without a major buyer/investor, I wouldn't expect we can progress much further but that is supposedly what the future holds, so we can only wait and see. My hopes after Wilder's first PL season, was that we could steady things and aim to be a Brentford/Brighton within a few years, if we can achieve this in my lifetime, I will be more than happy.

Been saying for a while that if he’s been one of our players of the season then we have problems:
He’s a kick it out and clear the lot defender. Not premier league standard and not the level of a team trying to play a possession brand of football.

I can't think of anyone in the squad that puts half the successful challenges robbo has this season. He's exactly the kind of player we want in the team, he always seems 100% committed, which I can't say for a good portion of the squad currently.

Robinson is a leader and better than Trusty.

So pretty much couldn’t disagree more with you.

Back
Top Bottom