Retained list 2023/24

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Can't help but think the takeover situation is relevant.

If we are putting the likes of Souza, Anel, Slimane, Traore etc up for sale and possibly selling Hamer that will bring in north of £50m which must have an impact on discussions.....plus we may not need to retain certain players or could even withdraw/improve offers made to others.

He, like Mousset played his part in us staying up in that first season in the PL, paying back their fee there and then.

I don't get this rhetoric that a player has to be sold 6 years down the line for the same or more fee we paid or they're a failure.

Neither Mousset nor McBurnie were failures as signings.
It would be nice for one of them to do well for us and leave us with a profit, rather than us having to measure their contribution as a reason to justify writing off their transfer fee.

Maupay did a good job for Brentford and so did the lad that went to West Ham and then Lyon, and so has Toney.

Not only that they will all have contributed massively to the year end accounts by the time they’ve left.

It would be nice for one of them to do well for us and leave us with a profit, rather than us having to measure their contribution as a reason to justify writing off their transfer fee.

Maupay did a good job for Brentford and so did the lad that went to West Ham and then Lyon, and so has Toney.

Not only that they will all have contributed massively to the year end accounts by the time they’ve left.
Maupay did alright for Brentford granted, but he's likely to leave Everton for free despite costing them £15m?

Any
Gior, Anel and Souza will be at least £20m together, if not £25m then Hamer at £20m plus. Slimane and Traore should bring in another £5m
Anyone who's seen Gior and Souza play this season know their worth nothin, Anel you might get £5m if your very lucky, Hamer £15m-£20m , other 2 you'll be lucky to get 4 blackjacks and a bubbly for them

Tick Tock……maybe we just letting everyone go….so there is no Retained List!!!

Seriously though, I can only guess that maybe the potential takeover may be changing the thinking on a few players?

Seriously though, I can only guess that maybe the potential takeover may be changing the thinking on a few players?
Or on who’s taking the decisions on it.

Yeah I am very sure potential new owners are salivating over the prospect of watching shit like Larouci, Souza, Trusty and co next season.

So let me get this straight. In a situation where we sell Souza, Anel and Slimane for, lets say £20M the board will only give CWAK etc. a maximum of £9.99M for new players and wages?
£9.99

Gior, Anel and Souza will be at least £20m together, if not £25m then Hamer at £20m plus. Slimane and Traore should bring in another £5m
I’m on holiday but can I have whatever you’re drinking ….

Bless

Spunking North of £75m in transfer fees wages bonuses on Moussett McB & Brewdog with only memories above the waist to show for it is not my idea of “good signings” that have “paid” their costs in full.

The exact opposite in fact.

UTB

Spunking North of £75m in transfer fees wages bonuses on Moussett McB & Brewdog with only memories above the waist to show for it is not my idea of “good signings” that have “paid” their costs in full.

UTB
That's indicative of our plight in the PL. Sadly paying £20m is by no means certain that what you're buying is a sure thing. Just ask Chelsea and Man Utd fans.... We pay £20m+ and expect a slam-dunk of a player. In reality, for £20m all you're really getting is a player with a little more potential than a £10m player..

UTB
Played a part in keeping us up + 2 million extra for each position. That money is nearly 200 million quid than if we went straight down ( non covid times anyway)

They worked out. Mcburnie more so as he played a part in bringing in another 170 million

UTB
I'd love to know how you arrived at that figure.

McBurnie: £17m transfer fee, £2m per PL season, £1m per Championship season = £25m

Mousset: £6.5m fee, £1.5m per PL season, £0.75m per Championship season = £10m

Brewster: £18.5m fee, £2.5m per PL season, £1.25m per Championship season = £26m

Total outlay £61m. That needs to be offset against the additional money we received from unexpectedly finishing 9th; like it or not the first two played a big part in that.

I'd love to know how you arrived at that figure.

McBurnie: £17m transfer fee, £2m per PL season, £1m per Championship season = £25m

Mousset: £6.5m fee, £1.5m per PL season, £0.75m per Championship season = £10m

Brewster: £18.5m fee, £2.5m per PL season, £1.25m per Championship season = £26m

Total outlay £61m. That needs to be offset against the additional money we received from unexpectedly finishing 9th; like it or not the first two played a big part in that.
You’re way off chief.

Transfer fees a bit out.

PL wages more or less there but none of our players have been on 50% drops. 20%-30% more accurate.

You’re also forgetting bonus payments. Loyalty bonuses. Bonuses for promotion etc.

It’s north of £70m trust me !!

UTB

Back
Top Bottom